Paragons?

General Discussion
12/05/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Gnomerific
They also can contain legendaries. I think it's more common to get a legendary than a mount.

Ok, so how about people who have all the Legendaries for there class? Does it still have a chance to drop a legendary too?
12/05/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Saralight
12/05/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Gnomerific
They also can contain legendaries. I think it's more common to get a legendary than a mount.

Ok, so how about people who have all the Legendaries for there class? Does it still have a chance to drop a legendary too?

At this point if you have all the legendaries for your class, when the time comes where you would have gotten a legendary, you instead get a BoA token for a random class. If you play that class you mail the token to that character. If not, you can roll one, or you can put the token in the bank.
It's a neat idea, keeping us interested in doing WQs after we hit exalted.

The idea wasn't implemented well.

I'm hoping the system gets fixed in bofa.
I think the Paragon system has serious issues... But if you turn in enough chests, you will get all the mounts. At the moment I'm turning in like 10 of them a week, mostly from rep tokens generated from my various alts rather than from meaningful gameplay.

I've had all of the mounts besides the ones from the Army of the Light for a few months now.
Update the Paragon System.

I've been lucky to get 3 mounts, but I still think the system is fundamentally flawed.

What should be the change?
How about, keep the same Paragon rep grind and cache reward, with a chance for a mount
BUT - Also reward some form of Paragon Rep currency, that can be accumulated to spend on Buying the faction mounts if you don't get them over a reasonable period of time.
You still put in the grind, and eventually know you WILL get the reward you want.

Alternatively, have all the mounts available for purchase with the Paragon Rep Currency, and then have a colour variant of the mount as a chance in the reward cache - (what is the drop chance? 10%?) I've had 7 or 8 caches with both Dreamwavers and Highmountain, and still don't have either of those mounts, but it did take about 5-6 chances with Valajar, and Court of Fondlers to get theirs.
I have all the mounts from the Paragon system and I think it is very poorly implemented for mount collectors, with far too much RNG gated behind the caches. A better system in my opinion would be to permit curious coins to -also- buy the mount of choice (even if the mount is RNG rotated by the vendor) or to make the mount available for 100,000 gold OR be a free bonus from a cache. The RNG and the cache system is ok if it is a bonus, but it isn't a bonus when the only way to obtain the item is to play the lottery.

The nightfallen one took the longest for me, and I opened 135 paragon nightfallen caches to get it to drop. Across my characters I think I ended up with about 5 foxes, and I'm not sure how many legendaries. I think the Vala'jar was the easiest, and I opened about 35 caches and got 3, the first coming at about #8.

But as it stands, just keep farming the WQ and do the order hall missions for the bonus rep tokens, and save those tokens for the Darkmoon Faire or other reputation bonus events (every 10th token free!). Best of luck!
12/05/2017 05:15 AMPosted by Saralight
Blizzard disapproves fun.

True story.
12/05/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Kilhub
make the mount available for 100,000 gold OR be a free bonus from a cache

I like this idea. Make the mount available from vendor for decent price and if you can't afford it, make it available with a chance to drop in Paragon Cache.

But the idea of how it is implemented at the moment is just goes to show that Blizzard wants some people to continue grinding out for the rep when we already earned exalted.
Yeah, it honestly really sucks but I want that storm drake so bad ;_;
I lost count at the amount of paragon caches (my guess is 250+) I have done but here it goes:

2 Valarjar mounts
2 Suramar mounts
4 Legionfall pets
Wardens toy
Valsharah mount
1 Argussian mount
1 Army of Light toy

I have opened a lot of Aszuna and Highmountain caches, yet no mount.

There are two ways to enhance the current system that would benefit the players and keep the grind intact:

1. The rep vendor could sell the mounts for 100 curious coins each.
2. The rep vendor could sell them for 50 curious coins and 100k gold.

Each way would still require world quest grinding which is what they apparently want.
I just need the Farondis mount and whatever you get from the AoL caches and I'm done.

So many Farondis caches, no mount, got plenty of duplicates though.

After I get the Farondis mount I plan to go full force in the AoL stuff.
Just have the fox. Should resub to Legion account to grind out more paragons. It does feel like a slap in the face when nothing good comes from that chest. Almost have enough curious coins on main (wish these were boa) to buy the arcadian war turtle though, then the vendor camping rng starts.
I only ever got one before I gave up.

12/05/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Brahmina
I honestly think they should have had a reputation mount purchasable at exalted, and then put a fancier reskin version in the paragon caches. That way people would feel rewarded for getting to exalted but probably still work toward getting the extra mount.

^ why couldn't they have done this instead!? T_T
I've seen one mount, in all this time:

It was the Army of the light Felcrusher thing, from only my third Argus Paragon cache.

I still have yet to get any of the older mounts, with many paragons. In fact, I've done enough of that stuff to finally earn the 150 curious coins for the Arcadian War Turtle.