How good is shadow priest

General Discussion
Is it fun? Good DPS? Good survivability?

I always wanted to try it but never got around to it.
You can't aoe down packs of trash in old raids because swp one shots the mobs before you can mind flay ;(
11/23/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Lunnaya
Is it fun? Good DPS? Good survivability?

I always wanted to try it but never got around to it.

Rn I'm waiting for a warlock because I don't want to pay 25 dollars for a char change if void elves look good
From my personal experience, the spec is decent in instanced content, but is severely lacking compared to Disc for overworld content.
Can't cast at the melee chasing after me when I am running away.
Try it, and may The Light have mercy on your void corrupted soul.

It's not an easy spec to play well, it's not optimal in all kinds of content (new buffs look decent for 5mans), but it's a solid raid spec that shines here and there.

You can rock socks in PVP. You should be top damage in BGs rolling dots on packs of 5 and melting them with void bolt cleave.

I have a priest alt and I love a bit of shadow PVP!
Just play an affliction warlock, they're better at everything including their theme not getting stolen.
11/23/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Donoman
Just play an affliction warlock, they're better at everything including their theme not getting stolen.

Like I said I'm waiting
Downer all these replies are negative. I just want to play a dark spec/class that draenei can
So, like... have you met an SP? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe one day it will be like that. Like, wow, SPs, they'll just read about those in the history books, you know
11/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Sizzlecakes

Yes you can. SW:Pain has no facing and can be spammed, front-end damage. Hit him with your fiend. You can also hit him with a stun. Shield and run faster. Disperse. When his health gets low, SW:Death twice.

Unless you get stunned, you can do good damage in PvP if you keybind well.

11/23/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Lunnaya
Downer all these replies are negative. I just want to play a dark spec/class that draenei can

They don't know. Try it and see. You'll need gear tho.
11/23/2017 05:36 PMPosted by Lïttlewïng
Try it, and may The Light have mercy on your void corrupted soul.

It's not an easy spec to play well, it's not optimal in all kinds of content (new buffs look decent for 5mans), but it's a solid raid spec that shines here and there.

You can rock socks in PVP. You should be top damage in BGs rolling dots on packs of 5 and melting them with void bolt cleave.

I have a priest alt and I love a bit of shadow PVP!
Only if you have someone peeling for you because every melee will target you.

Also:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759476913#post-1

Also, I just posted that thread today. Spriest has problems. It shines situationally. As in when everything is perfect all the time.
11/23/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Vixie
11/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Sizzlecakes

Yes you can. SW:Pain has no facing and can be spammed, front-end damage. Hit him with your fiend. You can also hit him with a stun. Shield and run faster. Disperse. When his health gets low, SW:Death twice.

Unless you get stunned, you can do good damage in PvP if you keybind well.

11/23/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Lunnaya

They don't know. Try it and see. You'll need gear tho.

Well that's a given
So it's only good for pvp, darn I'm a pve er And world quester
11/23/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Lunnaya
11/23/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Donoman

Like I said I'm waiting

That could be an entire year and x amount of months away.
I've leveled a warlock 3 times to at least close to 100 and deleted them solely to learn each spec.
Oh well guess I'll stick to my dk for a dark class that I can play. Sighs*
11/23/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Lunnaya
It’s only good for PvP if everyone ignores you or you have a teammate willing to babysit you/peel for you.

At least in BGs. Have no idea how they perform in arenas.
11/23/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Danaara
It’s only good for PvP if everyone ignores you or you have a teammate willing to babysit you/peel for you.

So in other words, it just sucks rn
11/23/2017 06:13 PMPosted by Lunnaya
11/23/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Danaara
...It’s only good for PvP if everyone ignores you or you have a teammate willing to babysit you/peel for you.

So in other words, it just sucks rn

Sighs* oh well

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

No it's good in pve too, people on the forums just arent always the most well informed. The main issue withh spriest is their trash burst isn't the best, which is being changed literally on tuesday.

Soloing old raids with big packs, yeah you're better off in disc, but old raids aren't everything.

http://www.arenamate.net/

They're also good in 3s, not so much 2s. RBGs theyre great in, so rated PVP overall they're in a good spot.