Remove Dishonorable Kills

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
They did absolutely nothing besides crippling legit WPvP so they should go. There are no positives.
11/11/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Araska
They did absolutely nothing besides crippling legit WPvP so they should go. There are no positives.

yeah. we cant have consequences for one's actions. since modern wow got rid of that long go.

/sarcasm
11/11/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Cybertilded
Dishonorable kills are a deterrent to prevent people from camping quest givers. If they take it out it will really mess up many zones up until level 50 stuff. Do you want to have a group of 10 60s sitting inside Grom Gol killing everything?

Yes, we want the most toxic environment possible... This is Classic not retail.
11/11/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Hopera
Yes, we want the most toxic environment possible... This is Classic not retail.

I don't think you completely understand the need for DHKs. I would say that if a NPC is in a obscure place like the nelf on the beach in Ashenvale or the dwarf in the cave outside of Uldaman. Taking those out would be okay. To make killing a entire quest hub give absolutely no negative effects is kind of stupid.

If you don't care about rank, have fun. If you do care about rank, hit 14 and then go do it.
alot of players got a huge head start towards titles, honor etc...killing NPCs. was a broken system

seen it, 2-3 60's attacking a base with level 40 something NPC/guards/etc. wracking up honor, along with PVP rank progression,,,free candy
11/27/2017 07:55 PMPosted by Charax
As a Purist, I would be fine getting rid of this mechanic. WPvP trumps this poorly implemented concept.

Agreed. DHK's were absolutely reviled when they came out. I actively attempted to build as many as I possibly could just as my own form of protest/screwing around. As someone who absolutely loved town raids, this was a crushing blow to the game, and in my eyes, in the top three worst decisions for PvP the game ever made (Ruining AV and adding rewards beyond faction reputation round out the top bad ideas).
yeah they were reviled, you could no longer go to a easy enemy NPC spot and get free candy kills, honor etc.

you had to actually find REAL players,,,,DAMM REVILING
11/27/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Thepuma
No to the no oh hell nah
i'm just saying - leave DHK in the game, just change it so that instead of deterring 60s from camping NPC's, it deters them from camping lowbies.

repetatively killing low levels = dropping rank.

any thoughts on that?

I agree that losing rank for killing an NPC is stupid.
"I like ganking lowbies without consequences, how dare the game penalize me for camping people who can't fight back."
11/11/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Ghannagh
"I like ganking lowbies without consequences, how dare the game penalize me for camping people who can't fight back."

You seem to be mistaken on what dishonorable kills are.
11/27/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Schn
I never read the manual, and I don't have it with me now, but that sounds nothing like the DHK PvP system we had through vanilla.
You don't get dishonor for killing lowbies. There is no such thing as being an "outlaw", getting experience penalties, and losing access to your faction cities is impossible afaik.

That's because there would be no recovering from a such a point. Most characters that got into that scenario would likely be unable to ever progress again. It was dummied out and they took forever to put in DHK's as a kludgy replacement.

If the nochangers are fine with changes that match original intent, that's fine with me too. But then we'll get modern graphics and no debuff limit because I guarantee you those were about technical limitations, not optimally considered design choices.
Not only should DHKs be removed from the game ALL NPCs should be targetable, including children.
The only thing about DHKs that needs changing is making them group/raid-wide. If Joe rogue wants to wipe out the flightmaster on the way to killing Sylvanas that should be on him, not the other 39 people in the raid group...
11/11/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Ellilaine
The only thing about DHKs that needs changing is making them group/raid-wide. If Joe rogue wants to wipe out the flightmaster on the way to killing Sylvanas that should be on him, not the other 39 people in the raid group...

Flightmasters didn't count as DKs, they were pretty tough to kill too. In fact most NPCs didn't, not even auctioneers, but for some reason level 15 cockroach vendors or quest givers did count.
Also, most of people wore raid gear and didn't really care about ranking up, so they had no issues with camping those low level hubs if they chose to.

The whole system was pants on head retarded.
Allow servers with DHK, and allow Roleplay PvP server to have no DHK.
Playing in classic i only got this once. When i killed a horde orc kid. Honestly there was a TON of world PVP and city raids were not really a problem.
Civilians made safe havens for lowbies in towns.

i am not appose to this.
It is not impossible to hunt down 1 honor point running into a house.
But you are put at risk of one shotting a civilian in the process.
Choice is yours.
I say keep it. Learn to PvP smarter. I mean, they are labeled as a civilian so it's not like it's a surprise.

It's complaints like this one that's led to the watered down version we have today.

Change this so it's easier. Remove that so it's easier. It's always do this to make !@#$ easier instead of just learning how to play.

I just hope the devs uphold their word when they said they would not listen to complaints like this one when classic launches.
11/11/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Moonblade
11/11/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Araska

yeah. we cant have consequences for one's actions. since modern wow got rid of that long go.

/sarcasm

Yes indeed, having consequences including losing pvp rank because a mage in your raid on the other side of the capital aoe’d too close to an aggro’d mushroom farmer.