892 not high enough for mythic +0?

General Discussion
Instead of waiting for some hero to save you take some initiative and start your own group.

Use your demon hunter slot to make tank, when I was <900 item level I could solo normal mode dungeons. Learn the dungeons and start making groups and as Gandhi used to say, "be the change you want to see in the world" ... of warcraft..
Honestly the amount of DPS is just too much and you need to do more to standout among the rest.

Honestly if I see a iLvl 890 among tens of 920+ in my LFG what incentive do I have to pick you?

tips : start your own group like or come up with a catchy description.
as previous posters have said, start your own group or do argus stuff for *free* ilvl 910 pieces.
Argus and LFR suck. Just make your own group. I was 834 like a week ago.
argus will get you over 900 ilvl pretty easily - you can buy 2, maybe 3 pieces of 910 relinquished gear just by completing the entire argus questline

ToS LFR drops 885 gear - you have a few pieces lower than that. do it.

make your own group for mythic 0 groups - you're getting declined probably because there are plenty of 910, 915, 920+ players who are also signing up

edit: not to mention you have 0 legendaries which will boost your ilvl quite a bit - keep doing your emissaries each day, do your daily heroic at LEAST, and do the argus invasions (and open chests for veiled argunite, the chests can also drop legendaries - i've gotten 2 this way)

do lfr when you can, if you really want to bump your bad luck protection go and do every LFR available
11/29/2017 12:04 AMPosted by Cambrial
I'm fairly new to the game and I've been doing the heroics and all the argus content to get myself to 892 but when I sign up to do mythic +0 I am always declined. I spent most of my afternoon and night trying to get into a mythic +0 with this 892 ilvl but no luck. Most of my gear is higher than what even drops in +0, I just want to take the next step on my character.

I've hit a wall I guess and maybe this game is over for me until the next xpac.

Edit: Still no groups, tired of grinding out argus, been doing this all day. Haven't had a group where someone even spoke since I got this game. Thanks for the advice everyone, but this game isnt for me, ive unsubbed. /Closethread

You're DPS #34568 that signed up. You weren't picked.
Start your own groups and you will quickly see why. Most of the players are 930+. Right now your best bet is to run your own groups or join a guild willing to take you in. Ideally both.
Yeah life is tough for new DPS chars... its always been like that.

You gotta know what fights to pick. Getting invited for mythics on low ilvl DPS chars is always rare.

Do your weekly greater invasion with extra roll, do all small invasions, farm your argonite, and all stuff that you dont depend on getting invited based on ilvl.

And as people said, make your own group... it takes more time, but you can pick people to form a chill group
At least you can reach 890... *sniffle*
100% you need to be farming veiled argunite for easy/free 910 gear get a 910 in most of your slots and with the new legendary upgrades to ilvl 1000 you'll be 920+ ilvl in a flash.
it also looks like your in a guild, if they're not helping you get gear you need to find a new guild....
I'm fairly new to the game and I've been doing the heroics and all the argus content to get myself to 892 but when I sign up to do mythic +0 I am always declined. I spent most of my afternoon and night trying to get into a mythic +0 with this 892 ilvl but no luck. Most of my gear is higher than what even drops in +0, I just want to take the next step on my character.

I've hit a wall I guess and maybe this game is over for me until the next xpac.

Edit: Still no groups, tired of grinding out argus, been doing this all day. Haven't had a group where someone even spoke since I got this game. Thanks for the advice everyone, but this game isnt for me, ive unsubbed. /Closethread
You are asking the wrong question. It's not whether 892 is geared enough to clear M+; the question is how 892 compares to other players applying to fill same position. If the group leader doesn't know you, all you are is a spec and a number. If you are applying for same spot as 930, 938, 927, and 942... Guess who's getting the job?

Two solutions:
    1) Make friends so you'll always have someone to run dungeons with.
    2) Start your own group and accept all the other 890-somethings struggling to find groups.
11/29/2017 03:49 AMPosted by Zaddÿ
100% you need to be farming veiled argunite for easy/free 910 gear get a 910 in most of your slots and with the new legendary upgrades to ilvl 1000 you'll be 920+ ilvl in a flash.
Took me less than 48 hours at 110 to reach 920. That's 48 hours RL time, maybe 4-5 hours in game.

Sorry it ended that way for you, OP. Good luck, and maybe we'll see you later on down the line if you want to give it another shot.
11/29/2017 02:51 AMPosted by Isodope
Nice mog!
I have a DH, warrior, paladin, rogue, druid and monk all 900ilevel or above. I've done zero mythics. Aside from the starting mythics you get for artifact skins.
The new expansions are coming out, I'm noticing everyone hoping on every toon and getting all the skins they can before they are gone.
You HAVE to make your own group, I'm noticing each one I do on a new character everyone's doing the same. Quick and easy.
You make the group people will join.
11/29/2017 04:16 AMPosted by Arrawnn
11/29/2017 02:51 AMPosted by Isodope
Nice mog!
Thanks
As others have said, when someone starts a m+0 the group will almost immediately have applicants 920+, there's absolutely no reason to pick someone sub-900. Your best bet is getting a guild, starting your own group, or continue applying until someone invites you out of pity.
this sounds harsh, and i guess you wont even see it now, but you are a dps, there are a literal !@#$ ton of us queueing up for everything. for every 890 dps that queues up for something there's 5 more between 910-950 and most people will choose the higher ilvl.

if group content is that important to you, join an active guild