This forum is very disappointing.

Classic Discussion
First and foremost, yes, I have played this game since vanilla since that's all anyone seems to care about, and the only way to be taken seriously. (Dark portal feat of strength).

My view on the matter is that Classic should be as close to Vanilla as possible (1:1), but some people with similar opinions are presenting and acting upon this idea in such a toxic manner.

This Vanilla purist elitism is a bit disturbing. The whole "Go back to retail, casual", or a toxic entitled Vanilla streamer of Light's Hope, foaming at the mouth and telling his viewership to "absolutely destroy this guy" in regards to a blue post on these forums. Like, relax man, it's just a discussion, get off your high horse of entitlement. I want the same Vanilla you want, but you're making us look like little cry-babies, and how is "destroying" a blizzard employee going to help us?

This forum is by no means constructive, or holds any meaningful discussions anymore, it's become just a place to talk sh*t and barely develop anything constructive.

Who cares about changes they might make, I'm honestly not looking forward to playing the Vanilla I've been wanting all this time, if this is how some of the community is going to be.
This forum is a !@#$ show. It's nearly as bad as politics.
11/15/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Creamybutter
Who cares about changes they might make, I'm honestly not looking forward to playing the Vanilla I've been wanting all this time, if this is how some of the community is going to be.

Dont let this forum beat you down man. Take breaks, talk to your guild, play with a kitten. These hateful forum posters are not representative of the community in the same way GD isnt representative of the retail community.

It will all be okay, I promise.
People are bitter because they spent years fighting an uphill battle, only to be feet from the summit and a bunch of entitled brats who have no intention of playing show up and start trying to destroy it.
Toxic is a buzzword.

Sometimes there can be no middle ground. You are either right or you are wrong. Those that want to change Classic servers are wrong.
I happened to come across that guys stream 5 minutes ago then it cut off and there was a notice "This video had been removed due to a copyright claim by Blizzard Entertainment". haha rekt.

I agree though, refusing to talk about changes. Putting your hands over your ears and screaming "tourists!" Isn't helping anyone.

Let's have some rational discussions and look at things from an objective point of view.
Dude who made this possible ? who fought for this and started the petition ? Who went to sent Blizzard at their office ? Who got mad when Blizzard shut down Nostalrius ? Who have been asking for Classic Vanilla servers for many many years ?

All these people got reunited together and started this petition by supporting Nostalrius and Mark Kern joined our cause in order to go give this petition to Mike Morhaime. We signed the petition, tryed to get loud and make our voice heard everywhere, we helped nostalrius gather numbers and stats proving vanilla classic server were popular and prove to blizzard they were worth it. There was more than 100 000 people.

When we finally receive a ''yes'', some people that never cared about vanilla and even trolled and flamed many of us just want to hype on the new train and change this version we have been fighting for more than 5 or 10 years in my case.

How would you feel dude if someone want to destroy and change everything you care about when these people are not going to support the servers in the long run or even hit level 30 because it is too tedious, hard or because they miss their qqls.

The spirit of vanilla and it's core is so important to us and we do not want it to become another version of vanilla or something with many qqls added to it.

I think it is easy to see why we are so hostile to any form or trolling or change or trying to make vanilla looks like something unrecognizable.
11/15/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Elaice
People are bitter because they spent years fighting an uphill battle, only to be feet from the summit and a bunch of entitled brats who have no intention of playing show up and start trying to destroy it.

Yes, I am an entitled brat to want what I want and you aren't an entitled brat for wanting what you want. This is stupid, stop being toxic and painting with broad strokes. People disagree with you, be an adult about it.

That is a gross oversimplification, mixed with exactly the kind of vitriol that the OP mentioned. Want to get your point across? Try doing it intelligently and with decorum.

Case in point, toxic posts by the "I'm so vanilla" community.

11/15/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Faradramir
Dude who made this possible ? who fought for this and started the petition ? Who went to sent Blizzard at their office ? Who got mad when Blizzard shut down Nostalrius ? Who have been asking for Classic Vanilla servers for many many years ?

I did everything I could to support Vanilla WoW coming back. You have no justification for being hostile towards me or my opinions. Your misrepresentation of what I and others who share my opinion are saying is unnecessary and a bad influence on the community.

It definitely seems that way. While I'm planning on playing regardless (I'm more interested in a progression server anyway) I totally understand the desire others have to keep the game as close to how they remember as possible.

There seems to be a very very vocal minority that wants to sully the experience that many of us have worked so hard to achieve and convince Blizzard that it's in their best interest to do.

I'm going to take the current hot button, class balancing. A lot of folks don't realize that some of us strongly believe this was the beginning of homogenization that has created the "everyone is the same, but with different names on buttons" game that Legion suffers from. Classes should play different, feel different, and act different. These are some of the core aspects of an RPG, which is what Classic was and WoW has greatly lost since Wrath.
Can we at least find a thesaurus and get a different buzzword? Toxic is a bit played out. And the way it's being thrown around is more or less a badge of honor in some cases.
To be fair we have been asking for this for a long time and were constantly ragged on and ridiculed by the retails. Is it so hard to imagine why there is so much emotion being shot around?

It goes both ways.
I've posed this question in a few places in the past few days:

I have a question for you:

Lets say Classic comes out exactly how you want it (depending on which version of Vanilla you personally prefer, which is a whole different debate). But...

You enter Ironforge and walk into Tinker Town. There, in the corner, you see a gnome in a trench coat and goggles. He does nothing. He gives you nothing. He doesn't offer quests. He doesn't drop loot. But, every time you click on him, he makes a cheesy joke about being a time traveler and starts referencing the future expansions.

That small change would do nothing to alter the game in any way. It would just be Blizzard making a corny joke. Would it ruin your experience completely? Would you find it amusing? Somewhere in between?

How die-hard are you as a Purist?

I have yet to get a response from anyone saying they would accept a single NPC out of place. How absurd is that? As if a single gnome in one location is going to completely destroy your experience.
11/15/2017 01:47 PMPosted by Hadri
To be fair we have been asking for this for a long time and were constantly ragged on and ridiculed by the retails. Is it so hard to imagine why there is so much emotion being shot around?

It goes both ways.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
11/15/2017 01:47 PMPosted by Hadri

It goes both ways.

I do, but at the same time, how is it constructive towards getting the vanilla we want? Are your emotions going to cloud your judgement of the bigger picture?Attacking people for playing retail and whining can only get us so far....
these forums are mostly a joke to begin with.

a majority of the people who want classic are not subbed so we cant make posts ourselves. we can only go into posts a comment. this just ends up being alot of saying NO to all of the QoL people. If we wanted all of those QoL changes we would be subbed and playing Legion.

the biggest joke is that these forums are suppose to help see what direction the players want, but the vast majority wont even be here because its self explanatory. Vanilla WoW. thats what we want. for years thats what we asked for.
11/15/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Republik
I've posed this question in a few places in the past few days:

I have a question for you:

Lets say Classic comes out exactly how you want it (depending on which version of Vanilla you personally prefer, which is a whole different debate). But...

You enter Ironforge and walk into Tinker Town. There, in the corner, you see a gnome in a trench coat and goggles. He does nothing. He gives you nothing. He doesn't offer quests. He doesn't drop loot. But, every time you click on him, he makes a cheesy joke about being a time traveler and starts referencing the future expansions.

That small change would do nothing to alter the game in any way. It would just be Blizzard making a corny joke. Would it ruin your experience completely? Would you find it amusing? Somewhere in between?

How die-hard are you as a Purist?

I have yet to get a response from anyone saying they would accept a single NPC out of place. How absurd is that? As if a single gnome in one location is going to completely destroy your experience.

See, that wouldn't bother me at all. I don't see how one npc would subtract from my leveling, questing, partying, raiding experiences in any manner at all. I don't see how while I'm leveling I'll be deep in thought: "I hate that new NPC so much, he's ruining this game for me").
All the bickering and butthurt is actually delightful, if you keep in mind the mantra 'it's all about having fun.' Watching people chimp out on each other over their perfect visions of a video game is fun to some of us.