$15, cant kill the final boss

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
The only thing companies understand is wallet speak. The full LFR isn't going to be out for 1 1/2 months. Cancel until then.
I pay money so give me stuff. You pay money in college but that doesn't give you a degree. Instead of complaining why don't you watch a video on the final boss and try and get better as a player. Use key binds, move with you mouse, try and improve situational awareness, join a casual raiding guild. All of these are better than being a crybaby.
11/28/2017 05:05 PMPosted by Beaktrots
These are just a few of the many problems us casual players experience on a day to day basis.
You are 6/9 mythic ToS, you are iLvl 942 equipped, your logs for Mythic ToS put your scores in the 90%+ range and are largely purple and orange, and you clearly do occasional higher level M+ from the look of it.

I don't think "casual" describes you.

"Troll" may be a better fit.
11/28/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Beaktrots
11/28/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Jingvi
Go do normal.
Normal pugs are impossible to get into
I don't even have 900ilvl (because im lazy af) and I bet you I could get into a normal.
... I'm 942 out of pure luck, you're 944 because you play the game a lot. Again, just because you're geared as heck and can get into a pug super easily doesn't mean us casuals can.
and again, your 942.....if your having "issues" getting into a raid,its a YOU ISSUE not a blizzard issue

plenty of casuals have beat the raid today,you saying its "impossible" for you,just means your either too lazy to put any sort of effort into it. so as I said before,take a month and a half long break, wait for LFR to fully unlock. then you can be an LFR hero and not be crying" the big bad raiders are being mean to me"

Me, i have a issue with you. In this whole thread you sound, and have a tude of a total bag.

I was going to post a reply to you back when this was one page, and it was going to be along the lines of the same deal. You have 944 ilvl, no duh you blew through normal. I mean it does not take a PHD to figure that out. I looked at your armory, and i just got this huge stench of leet, but thats just me, my nose is sensitive like that.

I will attest to what the OP is saying, i am ilvl 930 on TWO mains and cant get into normal ToS since it came out. Want to guess why? Welp it is because i have decided this xpac, since they were still going the tourist mode route, that i would not bother doing LFR and try my hand at normal. Big mistake, i guess LFR is mandatory these days even though most pug raiders cant stand it. I mean i got my gear in many other ways, and nope, not mythics, again because they decided to force those on us without the advantage of using the LFD/LFG tool, i will not support their mythic system in yet another xpac, the last one was bad enough.

Oh before you spew the same dribble that was spewed back on page 1 OR 2(just broken down blow by blow on the OP with the same tired lines of dribble most every raider recites to a casual wanting to play the freakin game), please dont bother with the "Make your own group" sheeple think answer. It would be a lot better to join a group rather than spend time putting one together and bringing the wrong classes/specs. I DO admire players that make groups and lead, i do, but the snobbery is off the charts in their descriptions and in their vent or discord channels.

I would also just like to hop into a normal run without players doing checks on everything about you, i am amazed they do not want your social security number so they can run a credit check on you to see if you are worthy of renting a spot in their group.

ilvl 930 and STILL get declined for normal ToS when i am geared for heroic or higher lol. It really is frustrating and infuriating at the same time. Sorry to say that players like you are of no help in the matter at all.

Also this LFR releasing over the course of TWO months is so idiotic and such a bad business model for blizz, i am amazed that the raid pool actually gets any new raiders. But then again, i am betting that there will not be this big bump in subs over this raid. Its full of more gimmicks and totally insane RNG (for the lego trinket, that should drop for one person per run in heroic, and for 2-3 in mythic.

Blizz: Hey lets release LFR over the course of 2 months for the bulk of our players, even though normal and heroic raiders are already done with the raid the first two weeks and have seen the end.

Players: Well this stinks, got to wait two months to go through the LFR raid in one day? Oh heck no, /unsub.

Im not seeing players busting down the gates trying to get into this game at all.
is this real life?
Get good?
11/28/2017 05:05 PMPosted by Beaktrots
This is just sad. I pay $15 a month just to be thrown in the dirt over and over again by blizzard. I'm actually kinda sad that blizzard treats their casual audience this way. I try so hard to see this from blizzard's point of view, but I just can't justify this mistreatment in my head. The casual audience makes up a LARGE majority of your playerbase, and you make them wait an entire MONTH to experience the amazing lore and joy of killing a final boss? I tried really hard to avoid any spoilers but it's just not possible. Some a-hole in trade chat just typed out the entire ending to the game (which should be bannable BTW), and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'll leave you guys with some things that make this game impossible to play as a casual player who doesn't have as much time to play the game as other people.

1) Mythic plus score. Third party websites like raider .io and warcraftlogs have ruined mythic plus for me. I just want to run a single dungeon a game, but it's impossible to get in any runs. Back in vanilla this wasn't an issue. There weren't BS reasons to not let someone into your group like this. Unacceptable.

2) Raid tier lengths. With how delayed LFR is, raid tiers are way too short. When all of the difficulties come out, and an entire MONTH later LFR comes out, it gives us casual players an entire month less to play the game. This is a problem. My solution is all LFR wings coming out the day that normal and heroic come out.

3) Spoilers. Websites like reddit and the wow forums are so riddled with spoilers that it honestly ruins the game for me. JUST LET ME EXPERIENCE THE FINAL BOSS IN THE GAME. JEEZ. Sorry, but it's just so freaking infuriating to have people ruin the fun for me. I don't have a lot of free time on my computer, but I do have time at work to listen to podcasts (such as nobbel, thanks friend, those are great.) In that time I've become a big fan of the game's lore. The final boss in the game dying is a MAJOR thing of importance in lore, yet I don't get to experience it firsthand. Sad.

These are just a few of the many problems us casual players experience on a day to day basis. Please keep the discussion in this thread civil. Thanks :)

You are speaking for yourself, right?

Cause it sounds like "Gimme, gimme, everything now with little effort and no time spent trying."
11/28/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Atromnis
$15 doesn't entitle you to a boss kill. You have every right and ability to get or join a group to do it yourself.

So much truth. We only pay a subscription for access to the game, its up to us as players to decide how we actually want use our time to play this game and OP chooses to wait a month after normal releases to actually kill the boss, it's not a blizzard problem to fix.
OP, your post was so utterly infuriating to me that I renewed my WoW subscription that I've had off for about a year just to reply to this thread. This type of mentality is the exact reason for WoW's decline since Cataclysm. Players like you who feel entitled to experience every last bit of the game just because you are subscribed, and Blizzard feeling the need to make everything easily accessible. As a result WoW has ceased to be an MMORPG and in turn has become a glorified single player online RPG.

Here's the harsh reality, if you work a full-time job or have any other sort of IRL obligation that prevents you from raiding or experiencing any other facet of the game, then that's simply too bad. MMO's aren't for everybody to enjoy how they want to enjoy it just because they don't have the time. MMO's should be for those that manage their time around the game, the game shouldn't be changed to accommodate those that have no time. Things like LFR have totally destroyed the games community, along with all the welfare loot that's pretty much handed to you.

Blizzard has gone out of its way to create a game that caters to those with little time, completely neutering the very core aspects that make a game an MMO, and what made WoW so popular in the first place. Some WoW players will need to accept that they may in fact never be able to raid, or do certain content. And that's fine, you don't need to experience all of the game, you can enjoy leveling or doing dungeons. Hell, maybe you can even find like-minded people who make it a point to do raids at an acceptable time or something,

The point is, current WoW is a shell of its former self, going out of its way to cater to those that don't actually want to play an MMO but a single player action RPG. This is the reason so many people are clamoring for Vanilla, because that's the game that was an actually immersive MMO that was fun to get lost in; a game that didn't pander to those that had no time but demanded that you find a way to balance your IRL responsibilities to enjoy it properly. The day Blizzard started catering to those demanding all these changes to suit their busy lives is the day WoW started to die.

And then there are those of you with OPs entitled mindset that have the nerve to come into Classic discussion and suggest changes that would essentially turn Classic into the mess that is Retail. Absolutely not, no changes to Classic. Retail must remain the containment to you that refuse to adapt to an MMO and demand it to adapt to you. People like you honestly have no business playing MMOs, because your constant whining destroys the game entirely.

Stay in your Retail containment and don't ruin Classic with your entitlement.
11/28/2017 10:55 PMPosted by Zweikensei
OP, your post was so utterly infuriating to me that I renewed my WoW subscription that I've had off for about a year just to reply to this thread. This type of mentality is the exact reason for WoW's decline since Cataclysm. Players like you who feel entitled to experience every last bit of the game just because you are subscribed, and Blizzard feeling the need to make everything easily accessible. As a result WoW has ceased to be an MMORPG and in turn has become a glorified single player online RPG.

Here's the harsh reality, if you work a full-time job or have any other sort of IRL obligation that prevents you from raiding or experiencing any other facet of the game, then that's simply too bad. MMO's aren't for everybody to enjoy how they want to enjoy it just because they don't have the time. MMO's should be for those that manage their time around the game, the game shouldn't be changed to accommodate those that have no time. Things like LFR have totally destroyed the games community, along with all the welfare loot that's pretty much handed to you.

Blizzard has gone out of its way to create a game that caters to those with little time, completely neutering the very core aspects that make a game an MMO, and what made WoW so popular in the first place. Some WoW players will need to accept that they may in fact never be able to raid, or do certain content. And that's fine, you don't need to experience all of the game, you can enjoy leveling or doing dungeons. Hell, maybe you can even find like-minded people who make it a point to do raids at an acceptable time or something,

The point is, current WoW is a shell of its former self, going out of its way to cater to those that don't actually want to play an MMO but a single player action RPG. This is the reason so many people are clamoring for Vanilla, because that's the game that was an actually immersive MMO that was fun to get lost in; a game that didn't pander to those that had no time but demanded that you find a way to balance your IRL responsibilities to enjoy it properly. The day Blizzard started catering to those demanding all these changes to suit their busy lives is the day WoW started to die.

And then there are those of you with OPs entitled mindset that have the nerve to come into Classic discussion and suggest changes that would essentially turn Classic into the mess that is Retail. Absolutely not, no changes to Classic. Retail must remain the containment to you that refuse to adapt to an MMO and demand it to adapt to you. People like you honestly have no business playing MMOs, because your constant whining destroys the game entirely.

Came to say this... more or less.

+1
11/28/2017 10:55 PMPosted by Zweikensei

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done. The sense of entitlement that LFR gives these types is exactly when that mode needs to go. It draws gaming dredge from outside WoW into it.
They should release lfr first and gate the harder raids for a month. Then everyone should be happy since by these comments they wouldn't mind waiting.
6/9m.

cant do normal.

troll. ignore the post.
11/28/2017 10:59 PMPosted by Wryndox

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done. The sense of entitlement that LFR gives these types is exactly when that mode needs to go. It draws gaming dredge from outside WoW into it.
I actually read your posts on that LFR thread in general. You were one of the few posters making good sense. The vast majority replying to you were the very same type of Snowflakes that Blizzard's decided to listen to over the years, completely destroying their game. In fact, I've read in other sites that WoTLK is actually the worst of the original trilogy of Vanilla/BC/Wrath entirely because of the addition of changes to cater to the Snowflakes that refuse to actually play an MMO.

Wrath was the worst of the trilogy but was carried by Arthas. Once Arthas died, WoW died along with him, never making a recovery. It's so bad that Blizzard has no choice but to go back on their own word and release a Classic Server. If they dare to listen to a single on of these Snowflakes demanding changes then you can be sure Classic will die in the same way Retail has.
Can't tell if trolling or is maybe actually serious. 0/10, next time work on writing to be taken seriously, or make it more silly, really needed some extra silly in there and this could have been a winner.
11/28/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Beaktrots
11/28/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Jingvi
Go do normal.
Normal pugs are impossible to get into
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
11/28/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Skymane
I did normal today and fully cleared it in a pug, wall of text is a you issue....not a blizzard issue

TBF your gear is enough to be accepted. I am seeing people asking for 940+ for the difficulty that drops ilvl 930. My gear is too cruddy for Normal, even for learning groups.

I might make my own before anyone brings up that gem, but IDK if people will still be doing learning groups by this weekend.
11/29/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Shengyi
11/28/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Skymane
I did normal today and fully cleared it in a pug, wall of text is a you issue....not a blizzard issue

TBF your gear is enough to be accepted. I am seeing people asking for 940+ for the difficulty that drops ilvl 930. My gear is too cruddy for Normal, even for learning groups.

I might make my own before anyone brings up that gem, but IDK if people will still be doing learning groups by this weekend.
there's going to be learning groups all week long, heck maybe for the next couple weeks. its only the first 2 days of the raid,and I've been playing this main for about 7 months now hense my gear.

I spent like 6-8 hours over the course of the day yesterday getting that normal clear because its new content,i didn't do ptr so I didn't know the fights. I basically had to trial and error the last 4 bosses becauset hey took me the longest time.

give it a couple weeks, once more people understand the encounters it will be easier, plus you gotta think the devs will tune the raids once more people do them. its the nature of new raid releases, bosses get nerfed or buff accordingly.

I'm not putting you in the same boat as the OP, but like I said to the OP already, its a playerbase issue. if she's not going to work at doing the raid, or form her own groups, that's on her. don't blame blizzard just because the OP may suck at actual raiding.