Classic Seasons?

Classic Discussion
So while discussing what the possible scenarios are for how classic will play out my friends and I came across the idea of maybe adding seasons to classic. The basic idea would be to open a server for a limited time (maybe a year or two depending on how fast people clear content) and see which guild can level, make gear, and clear raids. A leaderboard would be created to track each guilds progress and cosmetic rewards could be given out after each season to the participants, very similar to how Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 seasons work. This idea could save Blizzard time by not needing to create new raids and allow players to endlessly perfect the Vanilla grind. Then at the end of the season the characters could be erased/ moved to another server or that server could be released to the next expansion.

I’m not sure how exactly this idea could be programmed into the game or if the game would need to completely remade, but it is an interesting idea of how to turn the Vanilla WoW gameplay into endless entertainment.
why move the guys to a new server if you could just make a new regular server every now and then that doesn't allow xfers to it instead? you could just give out the cosmetic rewards after a set time span
This is exactly what I would like. I'm not sure what the time line is going to look like but I want to replay the content, fresh over and over again. You can even send the expired Characters to a realm where all the content stays released forever.
I have thought something like this as well.
1) One Classic server with progressive patches up to 1.12 and that will stay at 1.12 forever
2) If first server proves to be a success, create another server with progressing patches up to 1.12 but that will reset back to first patch every 2 years
3) Before resetting you can transfer all your level 60's to the first server (if you have available slots of course)
Just no
Dumbest idea I have seen in these forums!
How do you hope to talk Blizz into paying that bill?
I have thought something like this as well.
1) One Classic server with progressive patches up to 1.12 and that will stay at 1.12 forever
2) If first server proves to be a success, create another server with progressing patches up to 1.12 but that will reset back to first patch every few years
3) Before resetting you can transfer all your level 60's to the first server (if you have available slots of course)

I don't really have a problem with this, but I think seasons work in something like D3 simply because they're only, what, 3-4 months long...not 1 or 2 years.

A D3 season is, really, about 100 hours of game play to get all the achieves (not the leader board stuff), but the free stash slot or whatever they're offering.

That means several things. 1) you can enter late and still get "value" out of the season. But, also, once it's done, you just have to wait a month or two until the next time. I liked D3 seasons, I played a couple of them myself. I don't now, the gameplay isn't that different, but they were fun for a while.

But a 1-2 year run. That's a long time. And it's a long time because "it has to be a long time". It takes a while to level your toon, and farm up the gear to do progression, so in real "classic" fashion, at some point, you will actually be "too late" to start and have to wait for a new server. Otherwise, you would just play static Classic which offers pretty much everything anyway.

So, simply, I think it sounds like a good idea on paper, but not sure if it will really work in reality.
How bout we just release Classic in an operational state. No fancy ideas and no bull crap.
What about the people that just want to play classic casually and gear their character in their own time? If it takes someone 5 years to get to level 60, they should be able to get to level 60.
11/30/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Lagspike
What about the people that just want to play classic casually and gear their character in their own time? If it takes someone 5 years to get to level 60, they should be able to get to level 60.

Have you ever played path of exile? They have the same thing there, they do seasons, when the season is over your characters are automatically transfered to an old server. They could do the same here and people that 'level slowly' can play on that server forever without fear of losing their character.
This isn't Diablo.......
The problem with a seasons idea for Classic is that you'd end up with guilds and players that are only concerned with clearing content as quickly as possible which will breed a toxic environment on those servers which would make people less inclined to play.
Seems to go against the idea of Classic if you're just speedrunning it. I'd rather they do something like progression servers. So when a server hits X patch a new one opens up that people can restart on.
Yeah.. Classic is living in the world... Seasons would cause a rushed feeling that would ultimately break the "enjoy at own rate factor". If you love raiding and achievements, then play current wow, that's like 100% the ultimate point of what is live today.