I propose there be a Gnome/Tauren Alliance.

Wyrmrest Accord
Gnomes and Tauren should make our own faction. Gnomes’ technological/arcane brilliance paired with Taurens’ intimidating physical might and bonds with the spiritual/natural world... nobody could pose a threat to either of us, ever again. We could both be at true peace at last, without having to deal with the aggravations of our current factions' "allies", who more often than not are just as unpleasant and antagonistic toward us as our enemies.

If Gnomes and Tauren joined forces, the Tauren could use their druidic and shamanistic talents to help clean up the poisonous residue and purify the toxins in the air and water of the ruins of Gnomeregan post haste & the Gnomes could use their technological brilliance to craft waterpumps/tillers and weaponry emplacements to help ensure the efficient irrigation/maintenance of Tauren farmlands and improve the efforts of defending from the ravaging quilboar and harpies of Mulgore... tasks which or respective current factions have failed to make any headway in despite literal years of promises that they would do so...

Also there would be some kind of elite guard consisting of Gnomes riding atop Tauren a la Master Blaster or Ferra/Torr, the two guards like living siege-weapons... which is of course Freaking Awesome. Just picture it: heavily-armored Tauren carrying massive greatswords for melee assaults, and on their backs, in a protective enclosure like a living sentry turret, a Gnome with a gun for taking out foes who keep at a distance, each one facing the opposite direction of the other, so neither one get surprised by their enemies.

"But..." you are likely saying, "...wouldn't such ideas just make Tauren to Gnomes what Ogres are to Goblins?"

No, because we would respect each other. A mutually beneficial partnership, not one taking advantage of the other the way those greedy wretched Goblins do to, well, everyone who's not them...

Also, best of all, if someone tries to make a /punt joke directed at the gnome...
...that’s when the Tauren punt you right back.
Man, maybe in all the years they've been forced out of the story, they've been doing just that off-screen.
I've never considered these two being allies, but thinking on it now, they certainly could be and it'd even make some sense.
It is a arrangement that is plausible if unlikely. I know my tauren would turn down the offer of technology. Each of them has this one trait and that is they all content with the current way of life. It is even a society norm to keep it that way as a way of honoring the ancestors.
Who rules Bartertown?
12/01/2017 07:01 PMPosted by Raton
It is a arrangement that is plausible if unlikely. I know my tauren would turn down the offer of technology. Each of them has this one trait and that is they all content with the current way of life. It is even a society norm to keep it that way as a way of honoring the ancestors.

Oh, do not misunderstand, please. By no means would the acceptance of technology be a requirement from all Tauren, no more than acceptance of spiritual magicks be a requirement from all gnomes. Such things would simply be a respectful acknowledgement of the strengths of each race, both of them working together to aid and support the other only as much as would be asked or needed.

As I said, this, unlike the current issues with the existing factions where the races therein primarily employ their strengths to the aid of the leader's race and respond to matters of their interests notably more often than they do so for the other races or themselves, this would be a partnership of mutual benefit to both Tauren and Gnomes, each assisting the other equally, neither side seeking to push their agenda or pressure their factional partner.

If we need you to help us in some particular fashion for which you are more capable than we are, we will gladly ask for your aid, and likewise if we can do the same for you, you need only ask; but if some of you wish to have no dealing with what we bring to the table, or if some of us feel that way about what you bring, there's no hard feelings either way.
I am pretty sure I understand what you are offering. Never did I assume it was a requirement. What I am saying is I doubt that gnome tech offerred would be in great demand among the tauren. Probably minimum at best.

I could see the tauren still offering aid in the form of both shamanism and druidism. In exchange, I would think the tauren would ask for raw goods harvested in ways that were not detrimental to nature as well as a promise of military aid should the Tauren have need.
I want a tauren to be the Raubahn to my Nanamo.

To those who don't get it, I wanna be your shoulder parrot.
12/01/2017 09:52 PMPosted by Milladee
I want a tauren to be the Raubahn to my Nanamo.

To those who don't get it, I wanna be your shoulder parrot.

Can you be sassy?
I am very okay with this.

Maybe bring the Dwarves along, as a sort of middle ground in our tech vs Tauren spiritualism?
12/01/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Trickblade
I am very okay with this.

Maybe bring the Dwarves along, as a sort of middle ground in our tech vs Tauren spiritualism?

As long as they don't go digger huge holes in our yards.
12/01/2017 05:39 PMPosted by Voidwrench
like a living sentry turret

Torbjorn ready to work
.. is this the line to be a Tauren Space Marine?

*signs up*
I'll be the Arnold Schwarzenegger to your Danny Devito.
This is like the pacifistic, friendlier version of Goblins & Orcs.
Of course this is just a silly thought experiment that will never come to be, but if blizzard did actually ever combine the races into their own faction, I would totally play it. I think a bunch of tiny gnomes in massive mechsuits with mini guns on them, fighting along side tauren with massive (High tech) totems, would be pretty awesome, and I cant say no to two friendly races who would both want to end this war joining along side one another.
I would also totally want a gnome-parrot on my shoulder if they were on the same side as my tauren. Pew pew!
Tauren are the largest and strongest playable race in the lore, standing at around ten feet tall on average and having biceps larger than the humans they punt across the battle field, and it's pretty hard to find a better long range unit than a bunch of tiny humans with lazer cannons. I think they'd make a great team.
Wow, now I actually want to be able to play tauren and gnomes on the same team!
What have you done?
I mean I would totally let Miladee sit on my shoulder. I would only ask one thing in return. To be sassy. To everyone.
I remember someone on Thorium Brotherhood rping a gnome in a tauren mechasuit a long time ago.

Is this a trick to get more lifelike mechasuits?
I was actually about to bring up combination attacks myself. You know, a tauren with a gnome holding a gun on his shield, or a gnome in a huge mechasuit holding a tauren on a shield.
This needs to happen! The tauren and gnomes must work together and become the ultimate faction!
I'd be happy to let a few tauren come down and live in Tinkertown, their nature magic could be really helpful with the whole toxin situation, and they could just squish all the troggs!
It may be hard to live alongside them though. Our doors are kinda small and I dont know how I'd invite my new tauren neighbors over to enjoy an evening when everything is built for someone a forth of their size, but I'm sure we'll figure something out!
I would also accept being a tauren's shoulder parrot as long as I was fed well with huge crackers.