Weird things you witnessed in WOW

General Discussion
12/08/2017 05:19 PMPosted by Darthvixen
the corpse tornado

https://78.media.tumblr.com/118ac1ded0996cf096ac668253448a98/tumblr_nh86v8MIyn1u6g9mgo1_1280.jpg

This just made my day so much better.
Strangest thing to happen to me happened back in Wrath I think. I was leveling an alt out in Southshore. I was getting ready to fly back to town on a gryffon. I Dced right as my character got put onto the gryffon. Usually when that happens you login back in midflight. For whatever reason on this occasion when I logged back in I was on a flightpath gryffon but it was not on its auto taxi. I was able to completely control it as a ground mount. I was immune to all damage. This was on lightnings blade pvp server so naturally I took off towards Tauren Mill and messed with some horde. I couldn't attack, but I couldn't be damaged either. Was fun till I Dced again after 45mins and upon logging back in I was dead and put at the nearest Graveyard.
When I spammed emotes all the time untill it actually silenced me for doing it.
saw a pantsless warlock ride by, took me a moment to realize, he's wearing the wrong hat!
I was around for the Corrupted Blood plague of 05, that sure was something to see; my clan at the time used the inn at Booty Bay for a refuge.

Another that sticks with me was hunters in Classic pulling a devilsaur all the way from Ungoro to Crossroads and letting it go nuts.
On the day of ToS release, I discovered there was a hole in the instance. I was able to fall through and see just exactly where everything was located inside the instance.

I've also Infernal Striked outside of Kara on my DH.
On one of my characters, I got to the part in the Suramar questline where you have to go find Oculeth. When you find him, he traps you in a bubble and threatens to teleport you to the bottom of the ocean, if you don't identify yourself with the coin.

Well, I'm safe in the RP bubble. Good time to go to the restroom, since no random mobs can attack me.

Boy, was I wrong. That bastard actually does teleport you to the bottom of the ocean. I came back to find my corpse at the bottom of the sea, between Suramar and the Broken Shore.

Say what you will about the Nightborn, but don't call their bluff.
I too a flight path from stormwind to the eastern plaguelands, but instead of being taken to my destination, I was taken hostage by the gryphon and flown underneath the world, across the great sea, and dropped off somewhere in kalimdor.
This back in the first days of Myst.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2n9kyzb.jpg

An NPC that was supposed to fight beside me on a quest glitched out and created multiple copies of him. It lasted throughout the whole quest. Any mob I attacked got swarmed by my NPC army and went down in .1 seconds.

I thought about hanging around and ganking Horde that wandered in the area, but was afraid I would get a ban for using an exploit.
corrupted blood incident

it was more hilarious to me rather than weird
12/08/2017 09:21 PMPosted by Bladesmith
On one of my characters, I got to the part in the Suramar questline where you have to go find Oculeth. When you find him, he traps you in a bubble and threatens to teleport you to the bottom of the ocean, if you don't identify yourself with the coin.

Well, I'm safe in the RP bubble. Good time to go to the restroom, since no random mobs can attack me.

Boy, was I wrong. That bastard actually does teleport you to the bottom of the ocean. I came back to find my corpse at the bottom of the sea, between Suramar and the Broken Shore.

Say what you will about the Nightborn, but don't call their bluff.

I probably would have done the same if I hadn't seen this before I was 110 the first time

http://direhuman.tumblr.com/post/151225719105
12/08/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Parissa
I was around for the Corrupted Blood plague of 05, that sure was something to see; my clan at the time used the inn at Booty Bay for a refuge.

Another that sticks with me was hunters in Classic pulling a devilsaur all the way from Ungoro to Crossroads and letting it go nuts.

I remember pulling a elite mob dragon from Burning Steppes to Goldshire just to see if I could do it... then I did it many more times

Though that reminds me. I remember back then I was running down the road in Swamp of Sorrows toward Blasted Lands, and saw a big dragon up ahead, and a gnome warlock in front of it kiting jt

Obviously it was Teremus, the weirder yet funnier thing was the gnome was an RL friend

"oh !@#$ hey Ricky, heading to stormwind? I'll help!"
In Wrath for a daily heroic, a few of us got to the stone and started summoning and the last guy accepted the summons and ended up at Shadowfang Keep. We were supposed to run the Nexus. We summoned again and he accepted and again ended up at SFK. We had to warlock summon him inside the dungeon and it worked!

Also in Wrath, someone had summoned or kited a demon to Ironforge that was immune to damage. There was a TON of people surrounding it leveling weapon and unhanded skills. [Did Someone Order a Knuckle Sandwich] and other weapon skill achievements kept popping up. It was awesome :)

More recently, this was rather amusing

https://i.imgur.com/Zfr9O0W.jpg

The rain hitting a Warden PvP tower and ONLY the tower.
I have a couple recent ones that come to mind:

1) Last winter I took the boat from Stormwind to the Borean Tundra. After the loading screen I was for some mysterious reason now standing in front of the Alterac Valley battleground entrance in Hillsbrad.

2) During the last Wrath timewalking in Gundrak. After the mammoth boss the tank heroic leaped into the below and dropped through the world. Didn't die, couldn't zone out. She ran through Gundrak's secret basement and ended up in Eck's room.

Eck gets pulled and plummets straight down through the world too. He could still attack us, but we couldn't touch him. The rest of us go down to help, but it was the same every time. He'd stay for a second then without warning drop down.

Pretty amusing glitch, and the fact we were outsmarted by an immortal murloc.