What makes you guys stick Demon Hunter?

Demon Hunter
I didn't think I would ever do this, but I leveled a DH to 110 and I am actually really enjoying the class, but the problem I face is that there are only 2 specs which I feel like might kill the longevity of the class for me. How do you guys feel about the 2 specs and how do you stick to Demon Hunter? I really do like it, I'm just worried about not having other options if both specs are not really performing that good.
It’s fun, really fun. I feel that having a tank and a dps spec gives me more variety then a class with three dps specs. It doesn’t hurt that I can change the playstyle of the DPS spec rather drastically through talent choices.

It’s also less of a pain to gather artifact power for two weapons vs three.
I mostly play one spec anyway, so a 2nd is fine for change of pace and a 3rd would be superfluous. I've got alts for when I need more variety.
Now that I think about it, I don't know that I've ever had a toon that played all three specs actively, or even know anyone who does.
I was happy we only had two specs because it would mean they made them far better given the resources each class is alloted.

Man was I wrong.

I think two specs is still great, especially due to the artifact system. We have two distinct playstyles(for now) as well.

Nothing really makes sense for a third spec either
Double jump and glide.
Being a raider I have an obligation to my raid. We've been kind of ignored by the development team and to be honest if I knew we'd be slowly circling the bottom half of the pool for this long I probably would've made a bigger effort to switch.

Unfortunately, this xpac is hard on class switching with legendaries and AP grinds which limits those sorts of decisions.
Our dps spec has a demonic build and DB build. They literally feel like two different specs on playstyle. So to me it feels like we already have a 3rd spec. I don't know of any other spec that can change their playstyle through talents as much as a havoc DH can.(Frost DK maybe?) I still think we will get a 3rd dps spec down the road revolving around a 2h scythe weapon since npcs already have it in game but thats just my 2 cents. The demonic build is so fun for soloing and I rarely die in m+.
I never play a healer, ever, so it's perfect for me. I switch back and forth between havoc and vengeance (using a crit/haste build so that gear swapping is minimal) and I love it. I'm not burdened by a third spec and third artifact weapon, and I can tank or DPS as needed.
The mobility is fun, but honestly the Legendary system is why I'm still here.
Double jump and fel rush. With those two abilities, there's so much you can do. I would switch back to my feral druid if they clipped double jump. Seriously. The mobility is so great
I like how fast I can peel to places in bgs and the damage of course
I really like Vengeance. Don't care much for Havoc though. On the monk its the other way around, don't like Brewmaster but find Windwalker fun. But since I like tanking more I tend to spend a little more time on this toon.
...masochism
knowing that next expansion wont have flying to start makes the DH look better than the WW monk which was my main since MoP
Both specs are really fun to play.
Two specs are fine, just Havoc could use some beefing up with a few more abilities and extra meaningful talent options.
11/28/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Maltyr
I didn't think I would ever do this, but I leveled a DH to 110 and I am actually really enjoying the class, but the problem I face is that there are only 2 specs which I feel like might kill the longevity of the class for me. How do you guys feel about the 2 specs and how do you stick to Demon Hunter? I really do like it, I'm just worried about not having other options if both specs are not really performing that good.

Demonic spec, and chaosblades spec were basically two entire different specializations. So M+ was a breath of fresh air in demonic spec, away from the monotonous chaos-blades build. Demonic is actually a lot of fun though. Always feels challenging so once you get your T21 to out perform T20, you may enjoy it more.
DH is kind of my split main. When I need a break from being slow I switch so I can hop around
Double jump, fel rush, glide. Love it. This is so my new favorite class.