Old Dude Seeks Guild

Dawnbringer and Madoran
Hey there. First, I'm old. Like "in my 50s" old. I've been playing MMOs for a long time, but only started with WoW earlier this year. I'm not looking to transfer realms.

I'm looking for a guild that's more mature -- that is, a guild made up of older players. I know I need to "get gud", and I don't need any hairless-ball boys telling me that. I'm fine with Discord, but you should know that my words tend toward the not-polite-conversation zone. I can filter, but I rarely do.

In game, I spend too much time fishing and running WQs. I main BM Hunter (currently i900), and I'm trying to figure out how to play MM Hunter. (Hint: it's slow going.) I only just got into fishing, so my equipment sucks, but I'm working on it.

I enjoy running dungeons for fun and equipment. I'm laid back and easy going, and I think laughing and making people laugh is one of the greatest things ever. I understand the importance of progression, and I'll put aside the jokes when necessary.

I love death metal and I don't do PVP.

I also have DK:Blood, Druid:Balance, and Rogue:Outlaw at 110. Their weapons are in good shape, but their equipment sucks. They're all members of a friend's guild (who plays like once a week) and I'll only move them if necessary, but they're available for whatever.

So, if your guild fits the bill, post with your guild name and your battle tag, and we can talk. Hope to hear from you!

Now go have fun. Life is short and that stuff ain't gonna farm itself.
Hey Trensy, welcome to WoW!

50-something yr old GM here of Silent Altoholic. We're a diverse lot, from early 20's to great grandparents. Rule #1 is to treat others the way you want to be treated. We speak sarcasm fluently and occasionally run with scissors.

Teamwork and helping each other out are part of our core, and we've been doing that for the last six years. We raid normal and heroic , run M+ together, and drop what we're doing to help someone out.

If you want to talk further, my btag is Mizmac#1505.

Cheers!
Temporarily sold. Btag invite sent. We can talk there. Thanks!
Hello - and pardon me for jumping in on the thread, but I also have been searching for this type of guild.

I am a semi-old dude, complete with wife, kids, and a few pets. I have played on and off since near vanilla times, was in a few raiding guilds along the way. Prior to that, I was GM of a top guild in UO (Ultima Online), and dabble in ESO from time to time.

My time is quite a bit more limited nowadays, and I think the reason I keep getting frustrated is the inability in the last year or two to find a guild that isn't full of teenage drama and/or a revolving door of leadership.

As you can see, my toons are probably quite far behind (1 lvl 110, 1 at 107), and I'm not sure I'm even sure what to do in the game anymore. That being said, I still enjoy the game, and given the right guild, would probably be more inclined to play quite a bit more and get back up to dungeoning/raiding levels.

I'm competitive, but also enjoy the relaxing, light side of the game. I typically play at night as part of daddy-downtime, perhaps for a few hours as life allows.

I don't have alot to offer other than a warm body and a humorous personality, but I'd greatly appreciate it if there is a guild full of old folks like me to send an invite my way.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Hey Kiandron, you're welcome to roll a new Ally toon and come check us out, if you'd like. Not sure how you feel about playing on the other faction, but if you're okay with checking out the blue and gold side of the story, you're welcome to hang out with us.
01/07/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Mceuan
Hey Kiandron, you're welcome to roll a new Ally toon and come check us out, if you'd like. Not sure how you feel about playing on the other faction, but if you're okay with checking out the blue and gold side of the story, you're welcome to hang out with us.

Wow, can't believe I didn't notice you guys were alliance - sorry about that! I don't mind alliance, and actually have one or two alliance toons, though I haven't played them in years. If you wouldn't mind a lowbie in the guild (level 85ish?) I'd love to come take a look.
Everyone is welcome! I work weird hours and I'm on the west coast, but I should be around later tonight.
I could use an older guild and i love sarcasm Lol Kitsunesama#11527
Well, if Kiandron can successfully hijack a thread, I guess I can give it a shot too.

I'm also an old dude (51) and have been playing WoW on and off since Vanilla. I left after Kung-Fu Panda came out, mostly because of SWTOR, but also because I was honestly burned out. Add some anti-MMO family aggro, and WoW got flushed down the innertubes for a few years.

After hearing how great Legion was/is, I decided to find a random server (hence Dawnbringer) and re-rolled my standard toon; Socia the Blood Elf marksmanship hunter and her Pig Of Doom™ named Porkchop.

I love DPS more than anything else, and I like to think I am pretty good at it. I've gotten to 101 just by doing world content, but I know I'm missing out on some good loot by not doing dungeons and stuff, and I would rather play with friends than randos. My gear is only 626 but I am willing to put in the time to improve it. I do play well with others, and I am always willing to take direction to help the group succeed.

I'm a die-hard Hordie, but I do plan on rolling an Alliance toon here soonish. Mceuen, I sent a friend request...<Silent Altoholic> sounds like a good match for my proto-Alliance toon. I'd love to find a similar Horde guild for Socia.

My btag is Fragbert#11327