To all you "purists"

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
One question, what are you going to do during a content drought? With your requests you aren't going to get any new content. What you get is what you get. Look at WoD, all the crying for new content on the forums. It will turn into a content drought because obviously, no updates.

Classic will be WoD 2.0
Vanilla took two years to release all of its content. I don't really recall a drought. There will only be a drought if they let you access everything from Day 1 dungeon/raid-wise.
11/15/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Zellem
One question, what are you going to do during a content drought?

Grind alt. Finish professions. PvP grind for the horde. Get the Master Sword. Grind a certain epic from a certain instance with a notorious drop rate. Maybe sell it?

Get bags. Get mats. Get Fishing to a respectable level. Finish off-spec gear.

Want me to continue?
Fish, PvP, farm mats for raids, try to get exalted with all the factions, level alts to raid with, help friends level or gear up, or just talk to people in one of the cities.
What do you do during a content drought?
Vanilla dungeons take longer.

Professions take longer.

When BWL comes out, there are no catch up mechanics. MC guilds will still have to push through MC.

When AQ comes out, there are no catch up mechanics. MC and BWL guilds will have to push through MC and BWL.

So to answer your question? I'm going to play an alt- Because in vanilla, it takes more than an hour to catch up to where my main is at.
Imagine leveling every class, and faction, to 60, and gearing them up.
While I do see the opportunity to level alts, I am curious about the future of the server in the long run.
One question, what are you going to do during a content drought? With your requests you aren't going to get any new content. What you get is what you get. Look at WoD, all the crying for new content on the forums. It will turn into a content drought because obviously, no updates.

Classic will be WoD 2.0

In Vanilla and TBC, the phrase "Content Drought" did not exist. It was first coined when the WOTLK launched with an accessible raid "for everyone." That's when WOW was put in the ICU.
I played Classic from nearly the beginning and never experienced a "content drought". That concept didn't even exist in WoW until the end of Wrath.

In fact, no one in classic ever experienced it. Very very few people saw the end of Naxx and even those folks didn't see KT die that often.

There are TONS of things to do in Classic that will take a crazy amount of time. You'll just have to trust me, the concept that you're talking about, won't be an issue.
I have been bored of vanilla and been playing it since 2011. I will level another character and try to do things differently and try new specs, try to level other professions, hit highest rank in pvp, try to do naxxramas, there is always things to do in vanilla if you do not then you lack creativity. Vanilla does not need new content.

-I am going to level every class to 60
-I am going to level all professions
-I am going to organize raid on city
- I am going to try to hit rank 10 on this guy maybe higher cuz i hit rank 8 back
-I am going to try to get enough knowledge about my class and hit naxx which i never did even if i have t3 i will just try to raid and pvp on another class
-I will rp and organize events in ironforge, stormwind, all city
- I am going to create faction war and join your side and create rivalry between horde and alliance

I could continue for hours.
Nothing purists will play for eternity because its so fun and perfect in every way.
11/15/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Kalanian
I am curious about the future of the server in the long run.

*Classic releases*
*Two years later*
*Most guilds will have gotten as far as their wills could take them*
*BC comes out*

Classic will be WoD 2.0

The same thing that I've been doing for all of legion... Enjoy BGs with my BiS 99 twink. Only difference is my "twink" will be level 60.
11/15/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Kalanian
While I do see the opportunity to level alts, I am curious about the future of the server in the long run.

Its logical to estimate it lasts for 2 or 3 years with some very die hard populations.

At that point it will be time to talk again; your concerns for the future are just that; for the future.

Right now we need to focus on keeping this project on course.
A content drought in vanilla? Are you serious? It's going to take the average gamer years to get through Naxx 40...on a single character. Multiply that for alts. Then you have reps, professions, pvp (that actually was fun).

I can see myself having content for a good 10 years. People really need to stop trying to view classic by the same way they measure modern wow. Totally and utterly different system.
been doing fine on pservers for years and everyone is nothing but excited to play official classic servers. i don't think a content drought is something we have to worry about when we just like playing vanilla as its own stand-alone game.
11/15/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Thygore

Classic will be WoD 2.0

In Vanilla and TBC, the phrase "Content Drought" did not exist. It was first coined when the WOTLK launched with an accessible raid "for everyone." That's when WOW was put in the ICU.

WoW this is so true!!! holy balls people always had something to strive for but now its just handed out like candy. Blizzard was just hurting themselves in the long run by making everything easy. The Idea that "everyone should experience content" is a terrible one. It goes against competitive human nature lol
Lots of grinding to do.
Go out into the world and play pvp or pve with PEOPLE that I know and have seen before and will see again.