BfA PVP Sharding on RPPvP/ RP Servers

Emerald Dream
11/16/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Agamotto
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Me too. Although I think it will happen the same amount as it does now which is minimal. And now that they are trying to balance WPVP in BfA all the One Trick One Shotters out there may not even attempt to WPvP anymore.

But hopefully that crap gets replaced with the guild rivalries, medium-scale WPVP, and other fun stuff that went missing almost immediately in Legion.

I'm imagining getting a raid together and landing on Zandalar, and meeting a response team, and getting some good old fashioned WPVP again. I've missed it.
Ill be happy to just be doing workd quest like i do this xpac and see eders i swear usually just see off realm idiots who have zero hope to actually join in on RP in the world. We have our own players like that
11/16/2017 04:10 PMPosted by Rezenite
The world is going to be a ghost town, 90 percent of players will not be toggled for wpvp.
You obviously haven't read anything about the topic (or read the topic itself).
Realistically , we are going to be grouped with the other RP realms on the PvP instance. ED population alone just won't make the cut, the world will/would be barren.

But that's ok, as long as they don't throw us into the sea with the other non-RP realms, it should still feel like a real realm, not a CRZ frankenstein
11/16/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Quanyin
Realistically , we are going to be grouped with the other RP realms on the PvP instance. ED population alone just won't make the cut, the world will/would be barren.

But that's ok, as long as they don't throw us into the sea with the other non-RP realms, it should still feel like a real realm, not a CRZ frankenstein

CRZ Frankenstein is the absolute best way to describe CRZ.

There has GOT to be a better way to balance realm factions and populate low pop realms.
11/16/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Masokitty
11/16/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Quanyin

CRZ Frankenstein is the absolute best way to describe CRZ.

There has GOT to be a better way to balance realm factions and populate low pop realms.

Suggest something then. This issue has been a problem for all of the players ( faction imbalance and low pop servers) since years ago. This seems a good middle ground for everyone and it will allow to give options to players regarding how they can play the game and to still feel some kind of population in the world.
I will always have my pvp flag on. I hope, if they do shard us, it'll only be with the other RP-PVP servers, like Maelstrom. Mostly so I can resume corpse camping people from Maelstrom.
^ On servers where severe imbalance is imminent, completely disallow the creation of or transfer of characters for the higher populated faction.
Honestly they really should have done something about imbalance and ghosting realms years ago, but they were too slow and too late.

They could have easily disabled incoming transfers and creating new toons for one faction, while on the other hand offering incentives to transfer in from other realms for the dying faction.

It's absurd that you have realms with 99% Horde and realms with 99% Alliance.

But, it is what it is at this point. This seems a good compromise for the health of the game as a whole. We all benefit if the game's popular and profitable.
11/16/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Agrar
^ On servers where severe imbalance is imminent, completely disallow the creation of or transfer of characters for the higher populated faction.

That might have worked if they had done it back in WotLK when the issue was really starting to become prevalent lots of places, but at this point I think it's too late for that approach.