What will you remember Legion for?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
What will I remember?

Getting Sephuz's Secret as my first legendary a week after launch, and contemplating removing WoW from my hard drive for the next two weeks afterwards.

I've never had a more demoralizing gaming experience in my life.
For me, Legion will always be my most disliked expansion. This was the expansion that brought us world level scaling.
I haven't liked it one bit.
12/02/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Alande
For me, Legion will always be my most disliked expansion. This was the expansion that brought us world level scaling.

Honestly at this point, if people are item level 930+ things just...melt. World scaling can only do so much against mad dps.
How the classes had their identities blurred.
12/02/2017 05:31 PMPosted by Kentaurus
12/02/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Alande

Honestly at this point, if people are item level 930+ things just...melt. World scaling can only do so much against mad dps.
I know friend, but it's a slippery slope. They start doing it to all older regions, and forget about all the farming I'd do for ore, herbs etc. It gets old and to me it doesn't show more skill, it just slows us down and makes task more tedious.
That is not my idea of fun.
The artifact power mistake of applying to spec instead of class.

The tedium of Suramar.

The WQ redesign was awesome though.
Horrible class design and constant fill up the bar. The expansion I have played the least besides wrath and cata, which I just didn't play at all, but not for any gameplay reasons.
Wardrobe
Getting Titanstrike and Hati as a BM hunter making me feel more competitive since I don't raid mythic anything.
Trinkets from previous raid tiers still being BiS for many classes, including an LFR Convergence of Fates, or even an 860 arcanocrystal.

And really long intervals between Nithogg/Nazak world-boss spawns due to RNG glitches with world-boss rotation schedules.
I'll remember Legion for:
Keystones.
The questing zones.
The raids.
Demon Hunters.
Class order halls and class mounts.
finally removing mob tagging
Kil'jaeden.

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Blackhand, but I definitely think the difficulty of that fight, coupled with the feeling of accomplishment when we finally did get it down, will stick with me for a while.

I'm hoping there's another fight in Antorus that'll give me a similar level of satisfaction, hopefully without being quite as frustrating to progress on.
Otherwise, Legion does have quite a lot of positive aspects that are worth remembering:

World quests
Mythic dungeons/keystones
Variety of raids
Class mounts/campaigns
Suramar and Argus campaigns
Shared tag credit on named quest NPCs
Improvements in the group-finder interface
Class hall/order hall rewards
12/02/2017 04:36 PMPosted by Drunkmaster
but they tainted it by revealing that what the player did in it meant nothing and it was all a waste of our time.

That's pretty much current WoW.

Didn't Ion say in an interview some time back that each expansion was like a new game?

You keep levels, professions, achievements, stuff you've acquired along the way, but come next expansion, most of the previous content becomes useless.
The rivers of tears that flowed down Alliance cheeks when it was announced that Nightborne were going Horde.
Mostly good, as the zones, music and some of the questing was fun.

As a hunter mostly played not so good. Class fantasy was more a miss with the classes I play. Prot Pali was fun though. For what ever reason.

But I did like some of the class mounts.

Never cared for the artifact/legendary set up. Only artifact appearance I am glad to get was the sheep mage staff.

Usual good server stability and graphic visuals.

So mostly yes. But hard to enjoy a good adventure if the class is in poor condition.

edit. The artifact fishing pole. A plus.
Being kicked from antorus raid because I was the only one doing things right, people didn't stack, so I died. Kicked...
Legion: The latest expansion (before BfA) also known as World of RNGcraft.
Black, purple and green.
/puke