0 faith left

Classic Discussion
Overwatch has helped me regain some trust in Blizzard. They finally made a game with their core philosophy of make a game for the hardcore and then make it appeal to casuals. It's a one time fee, and it has free updates. I couldn't believe it. Not only that but I really liked it when Ion said "Vanilla is Vanilla", so I'm very optimistic.

Everything before (2010 to 2016 or so) that had coorporate greed written all over it. Real money AH for D3, Hearthstone, etc. I'm hoping that they're striking a better balance now of greed vs game design for their newer products.
12/07/2017 12:43 PMPosted by Demostravia
What you are saying is you have Faith No More?

I interpreted it as one of those lines from WarCraft/StarCraft/Diablo.

Not enough gold. We need more lumber. We need more vespene gas. Not enough fury. NOT ENOUGH FAITH.
12/07/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Oino
Players that left

I left. I'm excited to play one of the better iterations of a game I love with people who have not experienced it. You seriously think there are post-Cataclysm players that won't come to love and enjoy Classic World of Warcraft? Those guys are going to be an important part of the new game's population, regardless of if you like them. The ones who are too impatient for Classic will quit before they're really relevant.
SC:R had all the discussions that are going on now. MBS, USL, pathing, etc. and Blizzard didn't add a single thing. I'd say the odds are pretty damn good that they'll come through for the purists.
12/07/2017 11:22 AMPosted by Aevelamue
12/07/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Oino
Let’s be honest those that wanted vanilla already played it on private myself included.

Now that retail is so low they are embarrassed to give subscriptions numbers they think this will save it. They burned to many bridges and waited to long imo

not true there are players like me that stayed away from private servers and can't wait to get back into it and unlike private servers we will get the real deal not a halfway working pile of crap

private servers are the f*****g reason you're getting legacy
Let’s be honest those that wanted vanilla already played it on private myself included.

I didn't touch private servers with a 10-foot pole because of what happened with Nostalrius. Whatever versio of vanilla we'll end-up getting, I'll be happy... No matter if it has any QoL or not.

12/07/2017 09:34 PMPosted by Wlv

I know, thank you !

We're getting Vanilla mate. Don't worry.

This is the trolls final stance to try to ruin it for us because their sorry asses were proven wrong.
I told myself this was my last chance with Blizzard. If they didn't announce Classic at Blizzcon, I'd be out. Amazingly they did. They've earned another chance.
12/07/2017 01:23 PMPosted by Jentso
Everything before (2010 to 2016 or so) that had coorporate greed written all over it. Real money AH for D3, Hearthstone, etc. I'm hoping that they're striking a better balance now of greed vs game design for their newer products.

Not like OW is much better since it really helped to popularize lootboxes in games.
Well if they don't deliver an authentic experience then nobody should be surprised when people just stick to private servers.
12/07/2017 10:22 PMPosted by Vampiriç
Not like OW is much better since it really helped to popularize lootboxes in games.

I actually don't care at all about them. They're 100% cosmetic, and don't actually have an impact on the game. If you want to complain about lootboxes, complain about EA's.
blizzard is a AAA company. they dont, and WONT cateer to purist scum that are too self absorbed to allow things that make other non purists happy im afraid.
12/07/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Oino
My prediction is based off of how poorly the game developers have been the last decades. They are no longer in touch with the player base and think they know best.
You think you do but you don’t.

Fortunately they're hiring a new team to head up this project. That guy can stay on BFA, and hopefully someone with a bit more common sense will be heading up the Classic project.

I will admit that while the project certainly has my interest, I don't have high hopes. But I'm not making predictions whether the project will sink or swim. It has a chance so succeed, all they have to do is follow the road map they've been given without veering off it too far.

Now that retail is so low they are embarrassed to give subscriptions numbers they think this will save it. They burned to many bridges and waited to long imo

Wrong. They did not wait too long. Yeah, those that wanted vanilla played on a private server, and many of us stopped not long after because of bugs, a corrupt group running the project, or just the fact that you put a bunch of time into a game that could be shut down the next day by blizz. It happens, and it happened.

The private server community will flock to classic. The ones that don't are the ones you don't want to play with anyway.
12/07/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Tikaz
This will be another let down I predict

Oh wise prophet, what else do you see?
12/07/2017 09:34 PMPosted by Wlv

[citation needed]

(Private servers have existed for nearly as long as WoW has been around. No, they are not the f'ing reason Classic is happening. Get off your high horse.)

I didn't. i didn't want to play on an unofficial server, especially after nostalrius got closed down.
12/07/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Nefarious
In this case they are the same thing. It’s in their interest to work hard bringing back a true Vanilla experience because with it they can bring back potentially a million or more lost subscriptions. Blizz May be a huge company, but 1 million+ people paying 10-15 bucks a month is nothing to sneeze at.

I think they’ll work hard to bring that money back to their line of WoW products.

They are going to need the money to recoupe the startup costs of this project and sustainment cost. Totally agree
Every company ever has always been about profits. That's how you remain a company. Grow up.
the problem isnt blizzard
the problem is ea