Same great game, better resolution?

Classic Discussion
I know changes to "World of Warcraft: Classic" is a really touchy subject. And to be honest, I do not want the core game to change from the true vanilla experience. I'm not sure if this is even possible while preserving the original feel of the game, but how would people feel about 4K support? If you really think about it, technology has advanced so much since 2004 and the original release of WoW and I find myself questioning if the game would even be enjoyable at a 800x600 (probably was more back then, but I had a crap CRT) resolution these days.
it already had improved resolution before TBC went live. the 1.12 client can handle pretty much any modern res, for example

edit: 4k on the other hand, i guess? 4k hasn't went mainstream yet so that's probably up to blizzard. i dont think it matters, gameplay wise unless it changes fov for 4k havers
I'm super down for upping the resolution.
I dont get the argument against improving the resolution or graphics of the game in anyway as long as it doesnt impact gameplay.
Well I know I am in the very small minority, but I only really ask for those of us that play on our TVs these days. It is a bit more of a strain on a gpu and I'm sure it would take some tweaking on the dev teams end to get it set up. I agree that it is ultimately their choice, but if it is something the community wants perhaps they will think about it. Now that you mention it though, being 4x true HD it could give players with it a view advantage.
Even the 0.8 beta client already supports 4k.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rd8x_r--NM

Because of how it works, it scans your GPU for supported resolutions on startup.
Personally I'm down for prettier things. I just don't want the mechanics to change. Cosmetics are another issue for me personally.
I cringe every time I see someone saying classic will take a long time because the client needs to be updated... no it doesn't, it already supports everything it needs to run perfectly. The only thing its missing is 64-bit which it doesn't need because it already runs at a very high framerate on newer pc's.
Who would be against this? It doesn't change how the game looks, it's just how the game is displayed. And apparently it already existed in Vanilla anyway. It's just that it's easier now to take advantage of technology.
I *ahem* watched a stream of private vanilla playing on 3440x1440. It worked there, should be fine here. That's not really game breaking.
11/26/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Mightylink
I cringe every time I see someone saying classic will take a long time because the client needs to be updated... no it doesn't, it already supports everything it needs to run perfectly. The only thing its missing is 64-bit which it doesn't need because it already runs at a very high framerate on newer pc's.

You, go read dis.

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-world-of-warcraft-classic-is-deceptively-tough-to-make/
I'm not 100% on 4K resolution, but can assure you that it looks good at 2560x1600.
11/26/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Kolben
I'm not 100% on 4K resolution, but can assure you that it looks good at 2560x1600.

I'm assuming that you are referring to actually playing at that resolution on a private server of some sort? If so, don't they tweak things like that to keep their versions up to standards?
i have an idea.................first,,, put resolushin back down to 450x900 only... but then bring good graphics...so both sides are happy
11/26/2017 06:49 PMPosted by Swagnaros
i have an idea.................first,,, put resolushin back down to 450x900 only... but then bring good graphics...so both sides are happy

Resolution is the world you're looking for.

And I think the numbers you're looking for are 640x480.
Yes, obiously they will do. unfortunately dx9 is no longer a viable option since It died with XP. Surely they will use OpenGl or Dx11 (which I doubt) to repair broken support with windows 7 and 8.1 they showed a wonderful mastery translating SCR to OpenGL that now supports resolutions of up to 4k
It already supports 4k.

Go to your folder containing the game (most common C:Program Files X86)
Find interface folder
Find WTF folder
Find config file
Open config file
Find the line with your monitors resolution
Change the numbers to literally anything you want.
Save file.
Open game
???
Profit.

DX9 has supported 4k since Microsoft first released it to developers way back when.

You are welcome.
This conversation tires me to no end. Please Google these things. If I see another thread like this from here on out I'm going to report it for trolling. Someone please sticky this information so we don't have to keep explaining the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. And over.