If I worked for Blizzard I would.....

General Discussion
Edit: Some of it as I typed got switched around so I lost some,

I would either be the most loved GM to ever walk thru the doors after my stay there or the most hated......

I would do a total revamp on PvP, ogres WOULD come to the Horde. Nagas would come to the Alliance. Murlocs would come to both factions, I would go out of my way to try and bring the WoW community back together by implementing sever wide objectives that would require multiple guilds to patriciate in order to defeat it.

I would completely abolish all Vanilla WoW servers that Blizzard is going to put in.

Missing Vanilla is not the problem. The old world was destroyed and lost forever during the Cataclysm. so that is when people stated asking for Vanilla wow back.

My lore for how it got fixed, Earthen Ring along with the Titans would work together to fix it.

I would bring Gammon back to Org. (his name was that or something like that)

I would require people to spend AT LEAST a month doing RBGS and doing them a minimum of one set of 5 per day in order to receive titles and ratings which would be given out at the END of the season so that Blizzard could asses them.

Arenas would be treated similarly. And for players WANTING TO GET GLAD OR HWL OR GM OR HOTH OR HOTA, they would have to first submit a form as a team to Blizzard while Blizzard would monitor them to make sure there was no win trading, no PvP exploits and no carries by suddenly having the main guy long in from 2 thousand miles away while he/she grinded out a title.

I would give Dks Unholy Dks their Gargoyle back. Death Knights would have a Class specific Frost Wyrm mount that would be bigger, have frosty chains hanging off of it's spiked harness and I would as Death Knights were the FIRST Hero class, have them do a long quest line that would kind of replay some of Arthas's turn to the dark and then have him brought back as a Paladin and a Champion of the Light. He would became the new leader of the paladins and I might even think of making Paladins into a hero class as they were the exact equivalent of a Death Knight back in the day. So all players who currently play a paladin would be able to upgrade their pally into the new hero class with its own instanced out zone, probably in Quel'Thalas.

I would make Warcraft 3 ROC and Warcraft 3 TFT both able to link into battle.net with the rest of what we have and implement an achievement point system for the game along the lines of what SC2 has.

Upon bringing Arthas back to the light, I would have him be part of a storyline where he punishes The Dark Lady (Sylvannas) for not preforming her duties and also for leaving Arthas and attempting to assassinate him. She would be removed from the Horde command and the Horde would once again be ran be an orc. But this time a real orc.

Expound upon the lore of Broxxigar and Rhonin and have the importance of the dragon flights became more known to the players as they seemed to drop off and out of the lore right after Cata..

Bring in the spell breaker class if at all possible.

Have a Hero class actually feel like a Hero class instead of having it simply be super OP fotm that is bound to be nerfed so much as to be unplayable soon.

Show the true importance of Black hand in the lore and how much of a major role he played in Warcraft 1 Orcs & Humans.

Give Jaina more of a role in the game such as actual romance with the redeemed Arthas. I have played every Blizzard game ever made. All Arthas wanted to do was to save his people. ALL he wanted to do was to kill the leader of The Scourge and demolish it forever.

Arthas and Illidan hate each other. Arthas has always been smarter and was a true tactician. The new restored Arthas would either kill Illidan or attempt to bring him "back to the light" in a matter of speaking.

Kel'Thuzad would not be restored in any way shape or form (he is a bad egg, that's why).

Open up Legendry raids. Beyond Mythics. One level up. (You would get a Legendary Mount One per toon and only one for the entire account so the toon you got it on, it stays on NO MATTER WHAT.

My post about "disliking" casuals is not in the way that people think. I only dislike how they attempt to change the game by posting on forums to try and get content or certain classes nerfed for being too op. So as Dev, I would allow the bad servers to keep their Ahead of the Curves longer so they could have a better chance of obtaining them.
So in that sense, no need to nerf content to allow it to be reached. Players can go at their own speed to obtain what they want. Illidan server, which is my main server....AoTC would expire there fastest of all but not on Ally side as Alliance side of Illdan is so different than the Horde side that it seems to be an entirely different server all together.

Try to bring the community back together as World of World of Warcraft as a whole has lost a major sense of its community.

And I would start that by bringing back Battlegroups and only having those players be able to communicate. A smaller group of people will make it more possible for people to get to know one another better. So in other words it would be impossible for someone from a top battlegroup to go in with full Titan Forged PvP gear and go kill everyone on a low pop server.

Make BoAs give ONLY a leveling bonus as apposed to giving a stat bonus as it would be fun for some of us to loot and grind for gear again and for those of us who have played for so long, we don't need all the added buffs.

I almost ALWAYS roll a Dps because I love dishing out the pain, but I would have the old system back where tanks had much more HP than dps did and heals.

Give armour their true values back to where plate acts like plate and cloth like cloth, i.e., i.e, cloths will become squishy again and plate tough.

No one complained about the armour differences until right around cata and then it was changed. People keep asking for Vanilla WoW back, well there is one peace of it back.

So yes. THAT is what I would do. ALL of that. if I could. I would be loved or I would be hated. Either way it would not matter to me because in the end I would end up doing what I believed to be right.

So for a TL:DR version. Arthas restored. and also come to think of it, Uther restored too, Arthas and Jania teaming up.
Make end game PvP more legit and more monitored so that way people cannot hog the top brackets by selling end game PvP titles and allowing friends to go on the opposing faction to throw the match for them. Legendary Raids where you get a super cool mount. One per account and only on a single toon and it cannot be moved in anyway shape or form even when asked by ticket.

Fix the account selling exploit where you can buy/sell account and merge them if they have no last name.

Restore battlegroups

Make paladins a Hero class with Arthas as their leader. (Knights of the Silver Hand revamped maybe?)

WoW devs would create 12 new mounts at the beginning of each year and release one a month on the Blizzard store that would stay there for an entire month and then go away forever. And when next year came around, you would not get the same one.
The real challenge is to get all of that past creative collaboration with the team. (Which for very good reason, your ideas wouldn't)

Chances are, you'll end up feeling like this: https://youtu.be/wk0bKyxn-jk?t=35s

[Edit]: Now that I actually read the whole thing, it's definitely a good thing that you're not on the team.
You do not have my vote
Good thing you don't work there.
You're having some kind of crazy dream if you think a GM can just perform all of the (mostly asinine) changes you have suggested.
Whatever you're smoking, you need to cut back a bit.
11/29/2017 03:47 AMPosted by Splutmuscle
Whatever you're smoking, you need to cut back a bit.

Or share.
Well maybe if you were a game DEVELOPER (you know, the actual people who make/design the game) you could do some of that mess that would ruin the game, but game masters(GMs) deal with player issues in the game, they don't have any say about making/changing the game.
a) You have no idea how businesses work. If you think any one person can just up and make sweeping changes... it's probably a good thing you play wow 18 hours a day because the real world would eat you alive.

b) Even assuming one person *could* make all these changes, that one person would be a developer, not a gm. Hint: They aren't the same thing.
ummm... Game Masters are Customer support agents.

They are not developers bud.
Are you perhaps a fan of Arthas? :v
11/29/2017 01:33 AMPosted by Beefpatty

He's still there... upstairs in the Inn in Valley of Strength, having a drink with another NPC.
11/29/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Rahyla

He's still there... upstairs in the Inn in Valley of Strength, having a drink with another NPC.

Not in the way he once was.
I would casually ''Lose'' the files for every expansion after Wotlk. It would take them like ten years to find them of course. Also OP, you're the problem and reason the game became what it is. Get off my lawn!
Good to see 100% of EVERYONE saying I am wrong without a single person stating a reason why. So you guys cannot even come up with a single reason as to why. You guys just say it just to say it. Typical group of fan boys who don't want any changes unless it is their own ideas.

Cant say something is bad if you cannot even say why so that therefore means that all of you are saying it just to say it. Typical fan boy crowd. I bet even if I got 100 replies I would not get a single reason as to why, yet would get lots of TL:DR comments like I do on some posts even though what I post is less than most notes you get in game from the Well Read achievement.

Name an idea that is bad and say why. Otherwise, you guys are just the typical group of forum trolls who like to challenge everything without even reading it.
11/29/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Gutwrencher
I would casually ''Lose'' the files for every expansion after Wotlk. It would take them like ten years to find them of course. Also OP, you're the problem and reason the game became what it is. Get off my lawn!

I actually said stuff that would make the game near polar opposite to what it is right now and bring it back to its original roots. I know that I hurt your tender feeling by saying I would not bring back Vanilla wow, but I wouldn't. I have NEVER seen an actual person who played during vanilla asking for it back.
11/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Beefpatty
11/29/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Gutwrencher

I actually said stuff that would make the game near polar opposite to what it is right now and bring it back to its original roots. I know that I hurt your tender feeling by saying I would not bring back Vanilla wow, but I wouldn't. I have NEVER seen an actual person who played during vanilla asking for it back.

Sorry I misread your post as though you were a cataliinial. If you were a wotlk boomer or older I support it. Just remove stat templates and bring back talent trees imo, and gear vendors with old honor system.
11/29/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Beefpatty
Good to see 100% of EVERYONE saying I am wrong without a single person stating a reason why. So you guys cannot even come up with a single reason as to why. You guys just say it just to say it. Typical group of fan boys who don't want any changes unless it is their own ideas.

Cant say something is bad if you cannot even say why so that therefore means that all of you are saying it just to say it. Typical fan boy crowd. I bet even if I got 100 replies I would not get a single reason as to why, yet would get lots of TL:DR comments like I do on some posts even though what I post is less than most notes you get in game from the Well Read achievement.

Name an idea that is bad and say why. Otherwise, you guys are just the typical group of forum trolls who like to challenge everything without even reading it.

Well, personally I didn't care about a lot of the changes because they involve PVP which I have absolutely zero interest in. Or some of the lore, which doesn't really interest me that much either. Some of the stuff, like adding ogres, naga and murlocs would be interesting and I would support it.

As a note, I played during vanilla and for nostalgia I would play it again. Not sure how long I would play, but it would be fun for a while to go back to how things 'used to be.'
Edit: Some of it as I typed got switched around so I lost some,

I would either be the most loved GM to ever walk thru the doors after my stay there or the most hated......

I would do a total revamp on PvP, ogres WOULD come to the Horde. Nagas would come to the Alliance. Murlocs would come to both factions, I would go out of my way to try and bring the WoW community back together by implementing sever wide objectives that would require multiple guilds to patriciate in order to defeat it.

I would completely abolish all Vanilla WoW servers that Blizzard is going to put in.

Missing Vanilla is not the problem. The old world was destroyed and lost forever during the Cataclysm. so that is when people stated asking for Vanilla wow back.

My lore for how it got fixed, Earthen Ring along with the Titans would work together to fix it.

I would require people to spend AT LEAST a month doing RBGS and doing them a minimum of one set of 5 per day in order to receive titles and ratings which would be given out at the END of the season so that Blizzard could asses them.

Arenas would be treated similarly. And for players WANTING TO GET GLAD OR HWL OR GM OR HOTH OR HOTA, they would have to first submit a form as a team to Blizzard while Blizzard would monitor them to make sure there was no win trading, no PvP exploits and no carries by suddenly having the main guy long in from 2 thousand miles away while he/she grinded out a title.

I would give Dks Unholy Dks their Gargoyle back. Death Knights would have a Class specific Frost Wyrm mount that would be bigger, have frosty chains hanging off of it's spiked harness and I would as Death Knights were the FIRST Hero class, have them do a long quest line that would kind of replay some of Arthas's turn to the dark and then have him brought back as a Paladin and a Champion of the Light. He would became the new leader of the paladins and I might even think of making Paladins into a hero class as they were the exact equivalent of a Death Knight back in the day. So all players who currently play a paladin would be able to upgrade their pally into the new hero class with its own instanced out zone, probably in Quel'Thalas.

I would make Warcraft 3 ROC and Warcraft 3 TFT both able to link into battle.net with the rest of what we have and implement an achievement point system for the game along the lines of what SC2 has.

Upon bringing Arthas back to the light, I would have him be part of a storyline where he punishes The Dark Lady (Sylvannas) for not preforming her duties and also for leaving Arthas and attempting to assassinate him. She would be removed from the Horde command and the Horde would once again be ran be an orc. But this time a real orc.

Expound upon the lore of Broxxigar and Rhonin and have the importance of the dragon flights became more known to the players as they seemed to drop off and out of the lore right after Cata..

Bring in the spell breaker class if at all possible.

Have a Hero class actually feel like a Hero class instead of having it simply be super OP fotm that is bound to be nerfed so much as to be unplayable soon.

Show the true importance of Black hand in the lore and how much of a major role he played in Warcraft 1 Orcs & Humans.

Give Jaina more of a role in the game such as actual romance with the redeemed Arthas. I have played every Blizzard game ever made. All Arthas wanted to do was to save his people. ALL he wanted to do was to kill the leader of The Scourge and demolish it forever.

Arthas and Illidan hate each other. Arthas has always been smarter and was a true tactician. The new restored Arthas would either kill Illidan or attempt to bring him "back to the light" in a matter of speaking.

Kel'Thuzad would not be restored in any way shape or form (he is a bad egg, that's why).

Open up Legendry raids. Beyond Mythics. One level up. (You would get a Legendary Mount One per toon and only one for the entire account so the toon you got it on, it stays on NO MATTER WHAT.

My post about "disliking" casuals is not in the way that people think. I only dislike how they attempt to change the game by posting on forums to try and get content or certain classes nerfed for being too op. So as Dev, I would allow the bad servers to keep their Ahead of the Curves longer so they could have a better chance of obtaining them.
So in that sense, no need to nerf content to allow it to be reached. Players can go at their own speed to obtain what they want. Illidan server, which is my main server....AoTC would expire there fastest of all but not on Ally side as Alliance side of Illdan is so different than the Horde side that it seems to be an entirely different server all together.

Try to bring the community back together as World of World of Warcraft as a whole has lost a major sense of its community.

And I would start that by bringing back Battlegroups and only having those players be able to communicate. A smaller group of people will make it more possible for people to get to know one another better. So in other words it would be impossible for someone from a top battlegroup to go in with full Titan Forged PvP gear and go kill everyone on a low pop server.

Make BoAs give ONLY a leveling bonus as apposed to giving a stat bonus as it would be fun for some of us to loot and grind for gear again and for those of us who have played for so long, we don't need all the added buffs.

I almost ALWAYS roll a Dps because I love dishing out the pain, but I would have the old system back where tanks had much more HP than dps did and heals.

Give armour their true values back to where plate acts like plate and cloth like cloth, i.e., i.e, cloths will become squishy again and plate tough.

No one complained about the armour differences until right around cata and then it was changed. People keep asking for Vanilla WoW back, well there is one peace of it back.

So yes. THAT is what I would do. ALL of that. if I could. I would be loved or I would be hated. Either way it would not matter to me because in the end I would end up doing what I believed to be right.

So for a TL:DR version. Arthas restored. and also come to think of it, Uther restored too, Arthas and Jania teaming up.
Make end game PvP more legit and more monitored so that way people cannot hog the top brackets by selling end game PvP titles and allowing friends to go on the opposing faction to throw the match for them. Legendary Raids where you get a super cool mount. One per account and only on a single toon and it cannot be moved in anyway shape or form even when asked by ticket.

Fix the account selling exploit where you can buy/sell account and merge them if they have no last name.

Restore battlegroups

Make paladins a Hero class with Arthas as their leader. (Knights of the Silver Hand revamped maybe?)

WoW devs would create 12 new mounts at the beginning of each year and release one a month on the Blizzard store that would stay there for an entire month and then go away forever. And when next year came around, you would not get the same one.
Jesus Christ what a train wreck. It's a train wreck where the train is pulling platforms covered in dumpsters which are on fire.

A dumpster-fire train wreck.
I don't even know what you typed, but I guarantee that you will become the new Ion, i.e. the most hated man in WoW.

Just as Ion became the new Ghostcrawler.

You will watch as everything you thought were fixes, were "the right thing" to do gets torn down over and over again. That the things you thought everyone would love is actually hated vehemently by the masses on the forums.

To the point where you question yourself as to whether or not what you did was truly the right thing.

You will agonize day and night with each "I quit" forum post blaming YOU specifically for the reason why their childhood escape has become lost to them.

The people who you think are like minded with you will look at you with derision. People who you thought agreed with everything you said will literally hate every single thing you do.

And in the end, you'll reach some equilibrium where you go through the motions until you get replaced by the next guy who's going to become the punching bag. And then you'll look back upon your grand plans and realize that because of budget, time, and technical constraints along with the logistics of actually designing a video game, you've only implemented a fraction of what you set out to do, but it wouldn't matter because everyone from your team to your playerbase to your mother hates you and everything you do.

It'll be great. You'll have fun.