Time to retire "Heroic" dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
Time to retire the OP.
12/04/2017 08:23 AMPosted by Chimchiminee
The Group Finder makes getting into a Mythic painless and fast (much faster than a queue for a DPS btw). Especially in the beginning of an x-pac when everyone is on the same level.

I disagree. I was lucky enough to have a guild to go with. But some of the requirements in the group finder were stupidly absurd. Requiring ilevels akin to raiding gear - which at the time was difficult for most people to swing.

12/04/2017 08:04 AMPosted by Elleliel
I miss when Heroic meant something.... It was actually the dungeon that was hard. The only thing that makes Mythic+ “hard” is the stupid mechanics of bursting and other undesirable effects. It removes the need for actually learning mechanics. I mean I did a Mythic 8 the other day without a healer because geared protection Paladins are stupid strong.

It was hard when you didn't have gear. Then it's not -- this is how it has ALWAYS been. At the tail end of the expansions(since heroics have existed in this game) I would run the daily heroic just for the badges and I remember I would just be carrying the entire group - as a caster. I'm doing the same thing now on my main for the essences. As someone commented up thread - criticizing content bridges/progressions is shortsighted. They are useless now for people that raid in the current tier and the really small amount of AP you get. But they served their purpose to get you there at the beginning-- and to farm up AP. You got gear to run base mythics and the first raid. That was the point. Now it's an easy piece of daily content you can run where Blizz can add some small incentive to do so; essences, badges, gold, AP - whatever we have coming in BFA.
12/04/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Firesphere
12/04/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Chimchiminee
Protip- Mythic Zero is the renamed BC Heroics. That's why a Heroic mode is obsolete.

It has nothing to do with like or dislike.

People seem to have a hard time grasping this concept.

Ok. Here is a concept you are having a hard time grasping.
Mythic Zero = Previous Heroics.
Heroics = Previous Normals.

Previous Normals were needed to progress to Previous Heroics. At the end of an expansion cycle, almost everyone has progressed to Mythic Zero gear level, or there are enough catch up mechanics in game that you can skip the initial gearing up process. This is not the case in the early expansion cycle.
12/04/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Meritha
12/04/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Chimchiminee
Protip- Mythic Zero is the renamed BC Heroics. That's why a Heroic mode is obsolete.

It has nothing to do with like or dislike.

Protip: BC was 10 years ago. Things evolve.

Lulz. Read the post I was responding to genius. He brought up BC not I.
12/04/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Sunday
12/04/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Firesphere

That's a ridiculous comparison. A huge amount of players play PVP, a tiny sliver of players even consider heroic dungeons as a main form of "content." They are obsolete after the first few weeks of a new expansion anyway.

That's incredible that you have access to that information.

Maybe share your sources with us?

Easy:

Blizzard has to add extra rewards to Heroic Dungeon queues including the Legendary upgrade components, to get people to do them. If not, the queues would be over 30 minutes like they were in WoD when they removed the badges to improve armor ilevel. There's zero reason to run heroic dungeons anymore.
12/04/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Gravenashe
They served a purpose at the beginning of the expansion. I havent done heroic since the first couple weeks of legion, since then none of my alts have seen a heroic dungeon.

So then heroic DOES have its use at the start of the expansion...

So now you're saying you want them to create a difficulty and then after YOU don't use it anymore, to delete it.

How bout you throw a bundle of cash out the window?
I disagree. I was lucky enough to have a guild to go with. But some of the requirements in the group finder were stupidly absurd. Requiring ilevels akin to raiding gear - which at the time was difficult for most people to swing.

What kind of runs are you applying for? I had no problem finding correct level Mythic Plus runs for all my toons this weekend and once they had keys I could go as far as I was comfortable based on the power of each one.
12/04/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Chimchiminee

What kind of runs are you applying for? I had no problem finding correct level Mythic Plus runs for all my toons this weekend and once they had keys I could go as far as I was comfortable based on the power of each one.

People for some reason believe they can't start their own groups. Blizzard needs to make a tutorial on it to help them.
12/04/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Akston
This is not the case in the early expansion cycle.

There was no need this x-pac since there were multiple gearing options available that we never had before. Couple that with Mythic being tuned easier than it was in WoD meant you could jump right in.
12/04/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Firesphere
There's zero reason to run heroic dungeons anymore.

To you..
12/04/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Firesphere
12/04/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Brialam
There's 100 player levels. Should we randomly remove say level 81-90 because there's "too many"? And when we do, what happens to the characters who were level 80 at the time?

If you are looking for a troll in this thread, look no further than right here.

Geez.

Excuse me? My metaphor may not be perfect but it is trying to make a point. I forget the exact gear levels in the current patch but I believe it is still the case that heroic dungeons drop gear that is ~30 ilvls higher than normal dungeons (and are tuned correspondingly), while also being about ~30 ilvls lower than mythic dungeons. Like player levels, they are part of a chain of player power progression and it would make no sense to create a large gap in that chain.
What kind of runs are you applying for? I had no problem

So because YOU had no problem means that everyone else should of had no problem?

Gotcha..
12/04/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Lolpwned
What kind of runs are you applying for? I had no problem

So because YOU had no problem means that everyone else should of had no problem?

Gotcha..

Or they could start their own groups and not worry about any of that.
12/04/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Abendroth
12/04/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Gravenashe
They served a purpose at the beginning of the expansion. I havent done heroic since the first couple weeks of legion, since then none of my alts have seen a heroic dungeon.

So now you're saying you want them to create a difficulty and then after YOU don't use it anymore, to delete it.

How about you read what i said you mindless !@#$ing ape. I specifically gave a solution to removing heroic by tuning mythic so that it not only is the normal to endgame bridge, but also still useful throughout the expansion by providing keystones.

If youre not going to read and take the time to understand an opposing viewpoint that offers a compromise and solution for both sides, the get the %^-* out of here. Nobody has the time nor the patience to deal with mongoloids.
12/04/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Firesphere
Let's face it, heroic dungeons in current WoW don't really mean anything anymore. We have the "difficult" version in Mythic+, and the leveling and normal versions for new characters or newbies.

Also, "Heroic" dungeons haven't been difficult or heroic in many years, so I don't even know why they are called that anymore. Time to combine them into the "normal" version or get rid of them entirely. There are already way too many levels of difficulty in this game, and it's seriously getting out of control.

Aw does having to make choices scare you ? Different difficulties are intended for different audiences, there is nothing wrong with that. Almost every game I have played has different difficulties and it is only WoW players that makes a fuss about having different difficulties - what is that about ?

No one is forcing you to do all the difficulties - you can ignore the ones you don't care for.
"I don't use this content anymore, so you should get rid of it."

Some people are way too self-involved.
12/04/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Gravenashe
12/04/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Abendroth

How about you read what i said you mindless !@#$ing ape. I specifically gave a solution to removing heroic by tuning mythic so that it not only is the normal to endgame bridge, but also still useful throughout the expansion by providing keystones.

If youre not going to read and take the time to understand an opposing viewpoint that offers a compromise and solution for both sides, the get the %^-* out of here. Nobody has the time nor the patience to deal with mongoloids.

Chill dude. I've had forum vacation for less than that. I hope you enjoy yours.
12/04/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Firesphere
12/04/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Aoridea
But some people like them. Heroic dungeons are just the content for them. And for newer players they provide a sense of progression.

You’re advocating for the removal of content.

I'm for the removal of pointless content.

Ok lets start with RP realms. Also someone who pet battles/collects as much as you have shouldn't be talking about removing pointless content.
12/04/2017 08:20 AMPosted by Firesphere
12/04/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Áysha
They're useless to you (@OP) so they should be removed just for that? Totally not a selfish thought huh?

Mythic raids are useless to me, should I demand Blizzard to remove them because I don't plan to do that content?
I'll just ignore it and do what I like and let others do what they like, it isn't that hard really, you can start by not being selfish.

I'm sure they could implement many difficulty levels of dungeons like Semi-Normal, Normal, Normal+, Normal-Heroic, Heroic, Heroic+, Heroic-Mythic, Heroic-Mythic+ too... and you could make the same argument too. Where do you draw the line?

Nowhere, it's their game, if they want 1000 versions of the same content in all possible imaginable difficulties let them do it, I'll just play the ones I want or have to and won't bother with the others nor bother if others play on them.

It's the same crap with LFR, the so called "hardcore raiders" keep whining over LFR and demanding Blizzard to remove it when they've never even ran it once, in the end it's just a bunch of selfish kids who think just because something isn't relevant to them then it shouldn't be in the game at all.