Question about transmog looting

Transmogrification
I can't seem to find an answer for this question about transmog. I am finding everything else but for some reason this information is not coming across for me. If I loot say for example a sword on my druid, will it be available for transmog on my alt that can use swords even though druids can't use swords? Thanks
You have to be able to equip the item to open the transmog up. So, no, you cannot open sword transmogs on a druid.

You also can only open up looks of your own armor proficiency. You can't learn cloth transmogs on a druid, only leather.
12/06/2017 09:31 PMPosted by Knit
You have to be able to equip the item to open the transmog up. So, no, you cannot open sword transmogs on a druid.

You also can only open up looks of your own armor proficiency. You can't learn cloth transmogs on a druid, only leather.

Right. There are some items I want to collect from old raids for transmogs on my alts, but I only have 2 characters that can equip them but would work on the character I want them for. I just wanted to know how many chances I have each week. Thanks