[RP] Symphony of Silvermoon - January 2018

Moon Guard
The Project
Think back to the heyday of Moon Guard. These were days of the Alliance and Horde, both equal in measure, working together to make some of the most iconic moments of our server’s history. These were the days that veterans of the server remember so fondly. Although at times chaotic, it was in this crucible that legends were made.

Sadly, times have changed. The Horde lost most of its population. Apathy is our biggest problem. And, without the Horde, the Alliance have no adversaries besides they ones they invent for themselves.

Nevertheless, there are hundreds of people out there who are hungry for RP-PVP again. There’s a deep yearning for the server to return to the way it was, and where there’s a will, there’s a way. What, then, can be done?

It is the goal of this project to turn Silvermoon’s weakness into a strength.

Imagine the city as a blank stage. This is where we tell the story of political rival, all desperate to hold power. Every other day, a new major event takes place in the city. Some of these events are scripted, some are spontaneous. Assassinations, espionage, violent arrests, public riots, deception, betrayal… all of these elements are included in a plot that unfolds over the span of weeks.

Drawing inspiration from the success of events like the Tournament of Ages, we can breathe life back into Silvermoon, and by extension, the Horde. Players will be encouraged to engage with each other, and with the support of dedicated staff we will create an interaction-rich environment.

The Story
It is a time of civil unrest. As the champions of the Alliance and Horde do battle against the Legion on Argus, the Kingdom of Quel’Thalas struggles to maintain peace at home. Ideas once considered treasonous are now vocalized by a growing, discontented plurality. A rift has emerged between those who wish for change and those who wish to stay the course. The state’s hold on power is failing.

To make matters worse, a number of belligerent factions have manifested in the wake of Azeroth’s most recent crisis. Forest trolls, bandits, cultists, and all manner of deviants vie for power and wealth to the detriment of the realm’s security. In the absence of heroes, morale dwindles, putting all of Quel’Thalas at risk of collapse.

Yet, hope is not lost. A new generation of sin’dorei, eager to take charge of their future, will fight to protect their home by any means necessary… even if it puts them at odds with the ones they share their home with.
Project Features
  • An entire month is dedicated to a series of scripted events that take place at key locations in the city to tell a story.
  • Weekly newspapers with articles on all player-driven events that have transpired.
  • How players react to the events determine how the script changes. Coordinators of the event adapt the story to the roleplay and acknowledge player activity in meaningful ways.
  • Throughout the month, factions are encouraged by their respective leaders to engage with the city and undermine their opponents.
  • Buildings, vendors, and other ‘booths’ are staffed by volunteers on certain days, each with their own promotional events to encourage roleplay.
  • Each faction will have a ‘quest chain’ including puzzles, dungeons, and other interesting encounters to achieve their endgame.
  • Daily quests are given out for players to do with their friends during the downtime. These quests range from player bounties to resource acquisitions.

• Story Features
  • The politics of Quel’Thalas
  • Void Elves, where they came from and what they are doing now
  • The Nightborne
  • The Alliance-Horde conflict
  • The Sunstrider Dynasty
  • Amani warmongers
  • Scourge remnants
  • Bandits, pirates, and all manner of criminals
  • Blood Knights, Farstriders, and Magisters
  • Spellbreakers
  • Blood Elf Druids and Shamans
  • Many more secrets!
  • The Factions
    The Loyalists
    Answering to none other than the Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas, the Loyalists are the quintessential party of the sin’dorei. Mainly consisting of veteran soldiers, proponents of this party have been exposed to the atrocities of the Alliance time and time again. Their support of Lor’themar Theron is unwavering, as is their allegiance to the Horde. Unashamed of their dark past, these elves regard their fel-stained eyes as badges of honor, testament of their tenacity.
    Platforms
  • Maintain the status quo
  • Support Lor’themar Theron
  • Improve relations with the Horde
  • Maintain cautious and gradual naturalization of quel’dorei
  • Conservative use of magic
  • Strengthen military

• The Reformers
    Disillusioned by the barbarity of the Horde, the Reformers wish to steer Quel’Thalas away from a dark path. Emboldened by the return of Alleria Windrunner, these idealists are skeptical of the Warchief’s vision and will not allow the people of Quel’Thalas to be used as pawns. Although tenuously loyal to the Regent Lord, the Reformers believe it is time to do away with the old monarchy and reinstate a council of elven lords who act in the interests of the people.
    Platforms
  • Advocate neutrality
  • Distance Quel’Thalas from the Horde
  • Support of a reformed Convocation of Silvermoon
  • Reunification of quel’dorei and sin’dorei
  • Promote the conservation of Quel’Thalas

• The Imperialists
    Not all of Kael’thas’ chosen were so eager to denounce the House of Sunstrider following his betrayal. While small in number, the Imperialists are the remnants of the old Thalassian campaign on Outland. Publicly, these holdouts feign fealty to the Regent Lord. In secret, however, they pine for the restoration of the Sunstrider Dynasty and the expansion of the Thalassian Empire. In the eyes of the Imperialists, sin’dorei are the supreme race of Azeroth, destined to inherit the world and all her magic. Rumors of a claimant to the Sunstrider name are held fast to by members of this party, though many others are quick to dismiss such an idea as myth.
    Platforms
  • Embrace true independence from the Alliance and the Horde
  • Expansion of the Kingdom of Quel’Thalas
  • Support the reinstatement of the Sunstrider Dynasty through an heir apparent
  • Liberal use of magic to achieve power and independence
  • Purge of non-sin’dorei from Quel’Thalas, especially quel’dorei

• The Purists
    Quel’Thalas went through innumerable transformations over the past few years, but some of her denizens never changed. Disgusted by the corruption of their home, these elves resort to radical, sometimes lethal tactics to erase the stain of fel and shadow. The Purists have no love for the Horde, but no love for the Alliance either. It is the prime objective of this party to expel evil from the realm and seclude themselves from the rest of the world.
    Platforms
  • Complete separation from the Horde
  • Embrace extreme isolationism
  • Support of a reformed Convocation of Silvermoon
  • Revival of faith in the Light and restoration of a Thalassian church
  • Compulsory purge all corruption from the sin’dorei
  • Extremely conservative magical practices
  • IC Laws
    It is important to remember that actions have consequences. What is a game without rules? For the success of the project, we must implement a system of laws which all players agree upon. These laws, courtesy of Arrodis, simulate the oppressive state of Silvermoon with consideration to the players.

Participants of the Symphony of Silvermoon must adhere to these laws if they expect to have any impact on the story. The laws are not being pushed as mandatory for anyone outside the project, and the last thing we want to do is impose our headcanon on the community. With that in mind, we look forward to opening dialogue with the community on the observance of these laws.

The laws of Silvermoon will be enforced by actual players. A Blood Knight police force, operating out of the Hall of Blood, will be recruiting more into their service regardless of what guild they belong to. This means you won’t have to leave your guild!

Note that not everyone is cut out to play a guard. Guards must operate under a set of rules that are both IC and OOC. Guards must also obtain adhere to a uniform policy while on duty.

Visit our Discord for a link to the laws!

Conflict Resolution
    The goal of this system is to be fair and easy to understand. In previous RP-PVP campaigns, we used a very simple system that gave each player 3 Hit Points. To determine the victor, both parties rolled out of 20 in a back-and-forth attack/defend pattern. Although balanced, combat felt arbitrary and unsatisfying. There was too much focus on the dice and not enough focus on the story being told.

To address this, we will be looking at the system with a new lens. Instead of viewing the system as a means of determining strength, we will view the system as a means of determining luck. Hit Points will be described as Fate Points. Scoring a point on your opponent doesn’t mean you are stronger, it just means you are luckier. If you run out of Fate Points, you’ve run out of luck.

To encourage cooperation between players, we’re taking ego out of the equation.

Pre-Battle
  • Both players communicate with each other OOC and agree upon the outcomes if either should win.
  • If both players agree, they can opt to duel instead of use this system.
  • Both players have 3 Fate Points. Fate Points are not to be confused with health. They are beyond your character's control and thus have no impact on their ego.
  • Both players roll 1-20 for initiative.
  • The player with the higher roll gets the first action.
  • If there’s a tie, both players re-roll.

• Mid-Battle
  • The player with initiative emotes an action to defeat his or her opponent and rolls 1-20. (In this example, Player 1 has initiative)
  • Play 2 rolls 1-20 to defend against the action.
  • If Player 1’s roll is higher than Player 2’s roll, Player 2 is set back in some way and loses a Fate Foint.
  • If Player 2’s roll is higher than Player 1’s roll, Player 1 avoids the action and does not lose a Fate Point.
  • Both players continue to go back and forth until one of them loses all Fate Points.

• Post-Battle
  • Both players roleplay out the outcome agreed upon at the beginning of the conflict.

• Alliance Involvement
    With the blood elves on the brink of civil war, opportunities from all over the world have ventured to Quel'Thalas. Some of them sought to bring peace, others sought to line their pockets with gold. What's more, some sought to take advantage of the upheaval and add pressure to an unstable kingdom.

Many of these interlopers were captured by Farstriders and are now facing execution. Excluding the brigands and outlaws, some of these prisoners do not deserve such a cruel fate. With the armies of the Alliance still contending with the Legion, it falls to other heroes of the Alliance to rescue their people.

Although encouraged to join the story on Horde characters, Alliance mains can use places like Shalandris Isle to meet and conspire with their crossfaction counterparts.
  • Assassination
  • Kidnapping
  • Sabotage
  • Smuggling
  • Spying

• Non-Blood Elf Horde Involvement
    Not many of the non-sin’dorei members of the Horde find Silvermoon’s fragile aesthetic to their liking, but few can deny its strategic value. For profit or patronage, merchants of all sorts venture to Quel’Thalas in spite of the turmoil.

All races of the Horde are welcomed and encouraged to visit Silvermoon during this campaign and make an impact on the story.
  • Ambassadorial missions
  • Mercenary work
  • Tourism
  • Trading
  • Code of Conduct
  • Be respectful to others, whether in the game, Discord, or elsewhere.
  • Be respectful to others.
  • Don’t take IC disputes OOC.
  • Do not meta-game. Do not assume to know anything that you haven’t learned through roleplay.
  • Do not power play. Any time you’re interacting with others, communicate with them OOC.
  • Do not troll or encourage trolling. Do not respond to trolls.
  • Refrain from speaking OOC in /say, /yell, or /emote when possible.
  • Identify yourself as a participant in S.O.S. with your RP profile.
  • Be inclusive. Don’t ignore other participants.
  • Do not assume every roleplayer in Silvermoon is participating in S.O.S. and always ask if you’re unsure.
  • Report any harassment to the coordinators (with any screenshots).
  • If you have an issue with another participant or the campaign itself, talk to a coordinator.
  • Acknowledge the IC laws and the consequences of breaking them.
  • All other rules established by Blizzard apply.

• Q&A
    Q: Are there any requirements or restrictions? Do I have to be a certain level, class, or belong to a guild?
    A: None of the above. The only requirement is that we expect you to adhere to the Code of Conduct.

Q: What if my character is neutral / doesn't support any party?
    A: Neutral characters are still encouraged to participate in the story! There are plenty of opportunities for you to interact with the factions (and gain profit, if that's your angle)!

Q: Can my character belong to a hostile faction? (i.e. Amani Trolls)
    A: Yes, and we'll work with you to make it fun and entertaining for everyone involved.

Q: What if I main Alliance?
    A: You're encouraged to make a Horde character, but if you prefer to stay on your Alliance main you can use locations like Shalandris Isle to stage clandestine operations or conspire against your enemies.

Q: How do I volunteer?
    A: Fill out the registration form linked in the section below! You should also add me (Tendael#3083) to Discord and send me a private message - I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Information
    Discord: https://discord.gg/KKnGaPy
    Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtf4BzaOuk
    Purist Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIZm4BSCnI&feature=youtu.be
    Imperialist Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRtrVeHTIeA&feature=youtu.be
    Reformer Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXRwIOGlXAM&feature=youtu.be
    Loyalist Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWouXYhCPQ&feature=youtu.be
    Tumblr: http://thanidiel.tumblr.com/post/168133223028/project-sos-has-been-revealed
    Dates: January 2, 2018 through January 31, 2018
    In-Game Channel: SOS
    Registration Form: https://goo.gl/forms/4E7xVoNaIdXUr9742
    Booth Reservation: https://goo.gl/forms/zOo1vFjXSb8uR9Tv1
    Everyone is free to post now!
    I look forward to a bevy of mutually beneficial transactions.
    Very excited to help Silvermoon fall in line with the Warchief! Hyped for this.
    This is a super exciting project for the RP community I can't wait to take part in. :D!
    Glad to be part of this! Can't wait to see what happens!
    12/02/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Tendael
    Do not respond to trolls.

This is discrimination and you can expect to hear from my lawyer!
    12/02/2017 09:26 PMPosted by Sulzallah
    12/02/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Tendael
    Do not respond to trolls.

This is discrimination and you can expect to hear from my lawyer!

Sorry.
    I'm rolling an alt on MG so I can participate, this sounds great!
    12/03/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Lunkrii
    I'm rolling an alt on MG so I can participate, this sounds great!

Nice! See you there!
    This discord has some spicy memes. Ya'll should join.
    I'm going to make a Horde character and join in on this on nights I can. Sounds really interesting, just need to decide if I want to actually play a Blood Elf or make another race for this...
    Im interested. I used kyo back in the day for the pvp-rp events back when he was a ooc dk / ic dh xD. and i'd like to do more. Will there be any pvp / roll duel conflicts with factions? Or just political / trading stuffs? i saw there will be events for both factions but i may have missed if there will be any faction vs faction
    12/04/2017 04:36 PMPosted by Kÿò
    Im interested. I used kyo back in the day for the pvp-rp events back when he was a ooc dk / ic dh xD. and i'd like to do more. Will there be any pvp / roll duel conflicts with factions? Or just political / trading stuffs? i saw there will be events for both factions but i may have missed if there will be any faction vs faction

You can choose to duel your opponent or use the following conflict resolution system:

Pre-Battle
  • Both players communicate with each other OOC and agree upon the outcomes if either should win.
  • If both players agree, they can opt to duel instead of use this system.
  • Both players have 3 Fate Points. Fate Points are not to be confused with health. They are beyond your character's control and thus have no impact on their ego.
  • Both players roll 1-20 for initiative.
  • The player with the higher roll gets the first action.

• Mid-Battle
  • The player with initiative emotes an action to defeat his or her opponent and rolls 1-20. (In this example, Player 1 has initiative)
  • Play 2 rolls 1-20 to defend against the action.
  • If Player 1’s roll is higher than Player 2’s roll, Player 2 is set back in some way and loses a Fate Foint.
  • If Player 2’s roll is higher than Player 1’s roll, Player 1 avoids the action and does not lose a Fate Point.
  • Both players continue to go back and forth until one of them loses all Fate Points.

• Post-Battle
  • Both players roleplay out the outcome agreed upon at the beginning of the conflict.
  • Making great progress with the project so far. I admire everyone's enthusiasm!