No to Rebalancing? - You didn't play paladin

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
12/08/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Blázè
Like i mentioned in my opening thesis, Even though purists will call Paladins "support only", paladins fail to even provide that while being ret, since utility is basically absent, or limited to other paladins providing dps (judgement of crusader and Sanctity aura)

But, as I mentioned in my opening thesis, probably it's fine? Especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to change it without changing everything too much.

I see at least one type of people who played pala, are going to play pala and are fine with no-rebalancing. Those who want to play pala-healer :D
12/08/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Nimeralion
IMO ret palas don't really support the raid (once Kings are in prot tree at least). Blessings, cleansings and judgements? A healer pala would do them better. Nightfall? A warrior would do it better.

You just want to be carried (or you're ready to carry awful rogues). But it's fine, as long as everyone is having fun :)

Thank you for pointing that out.

Like i mentioned in my opening thesis, Even though purists will call Paladins "support only", paladins fail to even provide that while being ret, since utility is basically absent, or limited to other paladins providing dps (judgement of crusader and Sanctity aura)

What the? What are you jabbering about?

They did just fine as support and could tank ANY dungeon up to raid and could still offtank in a pinch. Also...doing 5 man UBRS when it was a 10 man dungeon....The tank was a PALY. Quit with the doom and gloom and quit buying into it. Otherwise I will get on my mage and start crying that it couldn't MT a raid boss.
That is a lot to write to prove to everyone that people asking for "VIABLE" paladin tanking have zero understanding of team dynamics and interoperability. Oh well, better that they should waste their time than for me to waste mine.
I did play a paladin, and I played as ret. In fact, ret pally was my first character, and I played that spec throughout all of Vanilla. I still want no changes, regardless.
Blaze, I grant you everything you are saying about the shortcomings of the different paladin specs from vanilla. The problem is that blizzard is not making classic+; they are remastering classic with all of its good and bad points. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not just trying to troll, but the whole point of this forum is to discuss things that were in classic and not how we could bring things in from the outside that we think can make classic better than it was.
12/08/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Nimeralion

But, as I mentioned in my opening thesis, probably it's fine? Especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to change it without changing everything too much.

I see at least one type of people who played pala, are going to play pala and are fine with no-rebalancing. Those who want to play pala-healer :D

Either they are that masochistic, or they will probably roll priest this time.

if absolutely no changes happen... im just going to roll Elemental shaman.
then i will show the world how truly ugly the imbalances were as that Lol

elemental shamans can global people in 1 macro press, chain heal, faster heals then paladin, bigger heals then paladin, totems serve better purposes then paladin, they are basically everything a paladin wishes they were in vanilla.
12/08/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Blázè
I am aware that this thread is going to step on alot of toes (especially purists because they get triggered as long as the topic is about changes) but i apologize in advance if i upset you in some way shape or form.

Something tells me you're not actually sorry that you're annoying people. Not sure what, just a sneaking shaman suspicion....
12/08/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Blázè
12/08/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Nimeralion

Either they are that masochistic, or they will probably roll priest this time.

if absolutely no changes happen... im just going to roll Elemental shaman.
then i will show the world how truly ugly the imbalances were as that Lol

elemental shamans can global people in 1 macro press, chain heal, faster heals then paladin, bigger heals then paladin, totems serve better purposes then paladin, they are basically everything a paladin wishes they were in vanilla.

Part of Vanilla is the imbalance. If Vanilla was balanced, then it wouldn't be Vanilla, as the game was never designed at the time to have everyone be equal. You might as well just play Legion at that point.
Paladins do not need rebalancing. Please stop using our class as a wedge to divide the player base. Thank you for your concern, but we were, and will be, viable in the context of Warcraft Classic gameplay.
TL;DR
I played paladin in vanilla. This paladin to be specific.
Believe it or not - I still enjoyed it. Was my DPS low and a boring rotation in PvE? Yeah. I loved my burst in PvP though. The fun came to me of managing the many support abilities though. Timing the blessings, heals, cleanses, etc in pvp and to a lesser extent in PvE was exciting to me.

I was rarely ever holy, usually I was 31 ret 20 holy or 30 ret 20 holy - primarily for illumination for raid healing but still keeping my ret ability in pvp. Or else I'd go my full favorite spec which a 26/25 prot/ret build that made me pretty resillient to any physical dps class.

Guess what - I still had fun with all this.
The rest of the community did too - otherwise you wouldn't of had such a high paladin population.

You look at blizzlike vanilla servers now - there is absolutely no paladin shortage on any of them.
Did I enjoy BC and even WotLK paladins a bit more? Certainly, it felt nice to become more genuinely viable in all areas of the game.
That doesn't mean I think we should rebalance paladins and therein upset the overall balance of the game and have to retune other classes/content because of changes to one.

Whether you like it or not, if change one class you're likely to upset balance enough to need to tweak other things. A huge vanilla community currently has no issues playing paladins every day. So if you don't want to play the class without changes - then don't play it, I'm sure plenty of others will.

Blizzard doesn't need to change a class just to make you want to play it when there will already be plenty of others rolling paladins I'm certain.
Report, ignore, and move on.