PvP Hotfixes With Weekly Maintenance

Class Development
With weekly maintenance in each region, starting tomorrow (November 28, 2017), we'll implement the following hotfixes to address several bugs and balance issues in PvP.

Player versus Player
  • Intellect, Strength, Agility, and Versatility granted by Concordance of the Legionfall in PvP situations is reduced by 65% for all players (was 60% reduced).
  • Death Knight
    • Frost
      • Pillar of Frost increases Strength by 12% in PvP situations (was 20%).
      • Frozen Core increases Frost damage dealt by 5% in PvP situations (was 10%).

• Druid
    • Balance
      • Solar Beam's persistent silence effect can no longer be avoided by jumping.
  • Hunter
    • Scorpid Sting can no longer be cast while stunned.
    • Marksmanship
      • TNT should no longer cause enemy player targets standing at the maximum range of Bursting Shot to ignore Bursting Shot's disorient effect.

• Mage
    • Arcane
      • PvP Template Intellect reduced by 4%.
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Blackout Kick damage increased by 10% in PvP situations.
      • Rising Sun Kick damage reduced by 10% in PvP situations.
    • Windwalker
      • Blackout Kick damage increased by 10% in PvP situations.
      • Fists of Fury damage reduced by 5% in PvP situations.
      • Ride the Wind now correctly stacks with other movement speed increasing spells and effects.
      • Rising Sun Kick damage reduced by 10% in PvP situations.

• Priest
    • Holy
      • Ray of Hope final damage is no longer reduced by damage reduction abilities.
      • Holy Ward now properly prevents the application of Bursting Shot and Between the Eyes.
      • Greater Fade now properly causes Bursting Shot's disorient to miss.
    • Shadow
      • Mind Bomb's AoE stun now adheres to line of sight checks from the initial target.
      • Void Eruption's damage reduced by 60% in PvP situations.
      • Lash of Insanity now grants 2 Insanity per tick in PvP situations (was 3).
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • Flying Daggers increases the radius of Fan of Knives by 50% (was 100%).

• Shaman
    • Skyfury Totem will no longer incorrectly keep the casting Shaman in combat for its duration.
    • Restoration
      • Tidal Totem (Tidal Pools artifact trait) will no longer incorrectly keep the casting Shaman in combat for its duration.
    • Elemental
      • Elemental Overload spell damage reduced by 25% in PvP situations.
    • Restoration
      • Healing Wave's healing increased by 175% in PvP situations (was 200%).
  • Warlock
    • Demonology
      • Implosion damage reduced by 30% in PvP situations (was 20%).
    • Destruction
      • Cremation now deals 3% of the target's health (was 5%).

• Warrior
    • Arms
      • PvP Template Versatility reduced by 5%.

As always, thank you for your feedback, and we'll see you on the field of battle!
Will there be additional PVP changes if there are PVE hotfix changes next week?
Ok
Rip TWD
The concordance nerf.
lmao, yes nerf the ele shaman!!!!

Can't have a shaman dealing dmg, that would be insane after all.
In what universe did resto shaman healing wave need to be nerfed?

Honestly, other than this most changes are decent, what is the thought process here?

No healer in the current meta deserves a nerf.
Mistweaver really needed a nerf? Worst healer in the game and it gets nerfed... bad enough we lost mistwalk. All hail RDruid meta!
I have no idea why Blizzard thinks going after Elemental Shaman (who may I add have very many problems still facing them) will solve any sorts of issues.
Also,

Are BM hunter's set for another season of being a meme?

How can you not address this, literally the only class that is unplayable in arena right now. Tanks do more damage than BM, it is a joke, yet it's set to sit for another season?

Revert the healing wave nerf you idiots, honestly, if you think any healer's should be nerfed in the current meta you are delusional.
Good changes.
11/27/2017 03:58 PMPosted by Kaivax
Warrior
Arms
PvP Template Versatility reduced by 5%.
uh
Oh shut up you're delusional if you didn't think ele needed tuning lul. The concordance nerf is... weird to say the least...
11/27/2017 05:26 PMPosted by Rëxxar
Oh shut up you're delusional if you didn't think ele needed tuning lul. The concordance nerf is... weird to say the least...

Compared to what we have running around the game, I'd say ele doesn't even come close to the top of what needs to be nerfed.
Some of these changes are good, but it doesn't seem like quite enough.

-Boomkins need a slight nerf.
-Arcane mages need more of a nerf. (Insane mobility and low skill)
-Monks probably need Fist of Fury PvP talent nerfed, or redesigned.
-DK nerfs may be a bit much, I don't know though, that could be fine.
Icefury already had a nerf to its Overload damage, so now I guess there's another nerf on the % on top of that with this change? On top of that, it seems like a hefty nerf.

For chain lightning, it's the fault of the opposition for stacking and it's practically a straight 25% reduction of stormkeeper . For lava burst, the variability is the aspect that separates and defines the nuke as opposed to say fireball.
Given those two situations, I'd say it'd make more sense to adjust the PvP template lowering the Mastery and increasing the Versatility.

For world PvP, do these changes just become active once engaged in PvP, like with the concordance? This is a huge swing in performance in plenty of situations, particularly when I'm dealing with multiple mobs in Mac'Aree and an Alliance rolls into the mix. It's not like the Art team put a big warning sign "Careful, Exposed Charged Live Wire" on chain lightning.

Obviously, I'm going to voice a bit of opposition to a nerf to the elemental class.
11/27/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Zaim
-Monks probably need Fist of Fury PvP talent nerfed, or redesigned.

stop
11/27/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Grumpyllama
I have no idea why Blizzard thinks going after Elemental Shaman (who may I add have very many problems still facing them) will solve any sorts of issues.

I actually felt Ele was in a pretty good place TBH
11/27/2017 04:59 PMPosted by Anticipation
Mistweaver really needed a nerf? Worst healer in the game and it gets nerfed... bad enough we lost mistwalk. All hail RDruid meta!

Literally nothing even regarding the healing of the spec was even nerfed, its a healing spec why are you even worried about rising sun kick.