Idea : Pets that pick up our loot for us?

General Discussion
Edit : Loot-A-Rang and Fetch are NOT the idea being represented in this thread, those are still commands and not automatic....

Main reasons to have this implemented:
-Enjoy the scenery more
-Encourage people to go out and kill things for loot (More open world interaction)
-Encourage farming (playtime)
-Encourage grinding (play time)
-Enjoy the combat more
-Looting things hoping for something good, is no longer a chore
- After killing something, you can talk to someone close by rather than worrying about looting asap and getting to the next mob before someone else.

"FOR ALL CLASSES" many good MMORPG's have something that does exactly this, and I really think we should implement it into this game for all specs/classes/toons, not just fetch for hunters, which isnt the idea im going towards.

How annoying is it to constantly have to walk over to bodies, and loot them? Its really convenient to be able to have something else loot for you, in this idea, "pets" simply because it provides more content in terms of acquiring pets to pick up your loot, and in my personal opinion, lets you kill things and enjoy the content you are walking through, rather than worrying if you are picking up every little thing as you walk through a mine, or open area...

I really feel having pets picking up loot for us will really help people want to go out and farm random things more, (since the exp at max level means nothing) and it becomes more of an adventure to go out and kill things and see what you bring back, rather than a chore of killing things that give no exp, and having to loot bodies over, and over again... Your looting more than you are actually enjoying the game, or the content, or in simple terms the scenery of the zone you are playing in.... Its really not as simple as, well kill stuff, stop and look around THEN loot. Its really not that simple, because mobs respawn, you may be fighting others over loot or areas that are dropping things you need/want, therefore its not always as simple as well its up to you how fast you wanna play... And for people against this idea of having pets pick up loot for you, You dont have to use them if you dont like the idea do you???
http://www.wowdb.com/items/136781-pet-training-manual-fetch
https://www.wowhead.com/item=136781/pet-training-manual-fetch

https://www.wowhead.com/item=60854/loot-a-rang

As a hunter, you're in luck. For engineers, there's a toy option. Enjoy!
12/06/2017 10:39 PMPosted by Fall
https://www.wowhead.com/item=136781/pet-training-manual-fetch

https://www.wowhead.com/item=60854/loot-a-rang

As a hunter, you're in luck. For engineers, there's a toy option. Enjoy!

anything for non hunters?? I play more than just this toon, and it would be great to be able to have pets looting lets say 10 bodies at once, or 3-5 seconds in between loots for old raid runs!
Be an engineer.

Also, it was nice when I could make a toy that let ALL my nubs loot-a-rang, but that was too "game breaking" or some other bs.
why not just click the bodies? we have aoe loot for a reason.
12/06/2017 11:09 PMPosted by Greenegg

thats what im saying I feel is a problem though... We are constantly always attacking things and then looking at the ground to loot the body, and when we pick our heads up we are loooking for the next mob to kill to again look down to look at the body..

I feel it would be great to have pets for all classes, not like hunter pets, but battle type pets that loot our bodies for us, so that way we can just enjoy killing things and watching the combat, and the scenery for what it is.... I know it would make grinding things a helluvalot easier, and would probably cause less burn out for most people...
Why bother? You know the postmaster is just going to mail you every single useless piece of junk, that you left behind on purpose, anyway.
Fetch, if hunter.

Lootarang, if you have engineering.
fetch is slow af

lootarang is bae
I mean, nobody likes change. Maybe it'd be the best thing ever, but 80% would hate it because it was different. And the other 20% are just hanging around SW and could never be bothered to actually go out and kill something that drops loot.
"I have an idea... lets put more Diablo into WoW"

Devs will love it.
12/06/2017 11:09 PMPosted by Greenegg

Why not to stop complaining ?
Combine this with mounts that can carry things and you've got something.
I wouldn't trust my abominations with loot duty. Probably get entrail juice all over everything.
12/07/2017 03:43 AMPosted by Raistmajere

I want a 2 horse wagon like from worsen intro
12/06/2017 11:48 PMPosted by Cassima
Why bother? You know the postmaster is just going to mail you every single useless piece of junk, that you left behind on purpose, anyway.

They never mail anything to me that I didnt pick up out in the world unless it was from a chest. : /
No. I think it creates immersion.
12/07/2017 03:43 AMPosted by Raistmajere

Hopefully in future xpacs?

12/07/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Jwkeel
No. I think it creates immersion.

I feel it does the opposite... We are always looking at what we are killing, then running to loot whatever we just killed... Imagine killing things, and your pets are running to loot, and you can spend that time looting, chatting to ppl around you, or enjoying the scenery or the kill you just performed?? Coming from a game where your little "battle pets" picked up everything (if you owned them) it is a great change of pace, and allows you to see more content, who is around you etc.... Right now I feel the game is more, grab quest, run to said quest, kill, loot, return.... But i feel like canceling out the looting part, really does add in an entire new flavor to grinding and farming.....
Today in "what other aspect of the game can we automate"