Fel Elves
Mana Addicted Elves
Fabulous Elves
Naga
Spider Elves
Elf NPC #10589
Space Elves

We got too many elves.

It's better that than more Pandaren at least.
12/07/2017 05:38 PMPosted by Withpuppys
12/07/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Lenastus

But they stay in the same faction
then what exactly is the point, the model doesn't change, the faction doesn't change, they could literally just add a antler horn style to regular tauren and there you go, and yet we shouldn't get high elves because they are too similiar to blood elves, but by that same logic horde shouldn't get hmt because they are too similar to tauren, and alliance shouldn't get light forged draenai because they are too similar to draenai.

Being too similar isnt a issue if it stay on the same faction. The reason why they still add them is some people may prefer the highmountain and are willing to level a new one or pay for a change race. But they dont give the other faction the exact same thing except for on a 2 thing. Void elf and nightborn are already near the limit or even crossing it and look at the polemic. The only reason why they did it is because alliance have been asking for high elf so much that blizz give them something close without giving them the exact same thing except for the eye. The nightborn was probably give to the horde to compensate. Now that they cross the line once i dont think that they would do it again
12/07/2017 04:34 PMPosted by Alande
Put goggles on and pretend the toons eyes are blue. No-one will ever know the difference, and they can pretend being High Elves as much as they like!

It is not just about the blue eyes. Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei have different beliefs and ideologies.

Just Like Kaldorei and Shal'dorei have different beliefs and ideologies.

Try wearing some goggles as a Blood Elf, and then waltz into Stormwind pass the guards to Anduin, and tell him that you are a "High Elf of the Silver Covenant" and see what happens.

People want to play as a Quel'dorei, a member of the Silver Covenant of the Alliance, Not a Sin'dorei of the Horde.
12/07/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Yamzuby
People want to play as a Quel'dorei, a member of the Silver Covenant of the Alliance, Not a Sin'dorei of the Horde.

You know that the game is not all around rp game people right? Most of people only care for the faction and for the race but accept that they cant be some race in a faction. Saying that some people want to be a member of the silver covenant so they should be playable is like if someone saying that they want to be a member of the scarlet crusade so they should be a entire new race.
12/07/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Glaivedancer
12/07/2017 07:53 AMPosted by Kelvv
High Elves
Night Elves
Blood Elves
Nightborne
Void Elves
Half Elves
Undead Elves
Fel Elves
Mana Addicted Elves
Fabulous Elves
Naga
Spider Elves
Elf NPC #10589
Space Elves

We got too many elves.

It's better that than more Pandaren at least.

I rather have more panda than elf
12/07/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Lenastus
Now that they cross the line once i dont think that they would do it again
I guess you don't know Blizzard or big business.
12/07/2017 06:35 PMPosted by Linra
12/07/2017 05:51 PMPosted by Lenastus
Now that they cross the line once i dont think that they would do it again
I guess you don't know Blizzard or big business.

I know blizzard they dont make the same mistake they just do new one
The willful ignorance from anti-High elf posters is astounding.
12/07/2017 07:46 PMPosted by Xzazel
I feel like these are some of the people who just enjoy saying "no" to any topic people ask for that hasn't been given yet, like Demon Hunters, Pandas, Flying, etc. Then when it's given they just scatter away and are all but forgotten.
12/07/2017 07:46 PMPosted by Xzazel

12/07/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Dhumah
I feel like these are some of the people who just enjoy saying "no" to any topic people ask for that hasn't been given yet, like Demon Hunters, Pandas, Flying, etc. Then when it's given they just scatter away and are all but forgotten.

We give enough reason for why they are not playable and most of the time our argument are counter with a bad example. So we are not there just too say no . we give argument base on game balance and devs point of you while the only think that pro elf say is WE WANT WE WE WE make me wonder who do the willful ignorance.
12/07/2017 08:30 PMPosted by Lenastus
we give argument base on game balance and devs point of you while the only think that pro elf say is WE WANT WE WE WE make me wonder who do the willful ignorance.

Game balance? Like faction balance? Faction balance isn't an issue with sharding, merging of PvP/PvE realms and cross-realm EVERYTHING. Furthermore, the Horde is getting upright Orcs, upright Trolls (in the form of the Zandalari), and Zandalari trolls themselves; all highly requested features sought out for years. The Horde is also getting the Nightborne, which is a very popular race and had one of the most immersive questlines in the game. The Horde is fine, population-wise.

The Dev's points include lore-population and silhouette issues, both of which have been undermined by the Void elves and the Pandaren respectively.

There's literally no valid argument against their inclusion.
no they are not
12/07/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Xzazel
Game balance? Like faction balance? Faction balance isn't an issue with sharding, merging of PvP/PvE realms and cross-realm EVERYTHING. Furthermore, the Horde is getting upright Orcs, upright Trolls (in the form of the Zandalari), and Zandalari trolls themselves; all highly requested features sought out for years. The Horde is also getting the Nightborne, which is a very popular race and had one of the most immersive questlines in the game. The Horde is fine, population-wise.

no its more about what blizz give to both faction. They are not going to give the most popular horde race to the alliance with only the eye color as a difference. Also if you think that adding them to the alliance would go without problem just look at the winning with the nightborn and imagine what it would look like if they give a 99% looking blood elf to the alliance. They already said that neutral race like panda was not the best idea and they wont do it again. High elf and blood elf only have the eye color as a difference and 13 years aways from each other. If they start to give the faction one perfect copy of a race from the other faction then people are just gonna ask for more like forsaken in the alliance and human on the horde. nightborn and void elf is the closer that we will have and it was made to please the alliance player wanting the bloodelf model. And by seeing how alliance cry about the nightborn i dont think that blizz will do it again
The difference between High Elves and Blood Elves isn't biological, it's political.
12/07/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Lenastus
They are not going to give the most popular horde race to the alliance with only the eye color as a difference.

The Void elves are the same with just a skin color difference.

Also if you think that adding them to the alliance would go without problem just look at the winning with the nightborn

And look at everyone correcting the "whiners" with the lore that's been established. High elves have been a part of the Alliance since Vanilla.

They already said that neutral race like panda was not the best idea and they wont do it again.

Don't make the High elves neutral then.

If they start to give the faction one perfect copy of a race from the other faction then people are just gonna ask for more like forsaken in the alliance and human on the horde.

People have been asking for Humans on the horde. It's just not as prevalent as people wanting High elves since they've been asking for them since Vanilla beta.

it was made to please the alliance player wanting the bloodelf model.

It isn't about the model. It's the lore.
12/07/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Xzazel
The Dev's points include lore-population and silhouette issues, both of which have been undermined by the Void elves and the Pandaren respectively.

just stop with the panda thing not because they already make a mistake that they should do it again. The lore-population is the only thing that i agree dont make sense but for me they just said that to try to give a lore reason instead of just saying no the high elf model playable is on the horde but with blue eye. And if you are going to say ' but void elf are high elf model so we have one in the alliance' just the fact that you guys are not accepting them and still want high elf mean that they are enough different to be considered as a copy of blood-high elf.
The Void elves are the same with just a skin color difference.

like i said in my precedent comment

And look at everyone correcting the "whiners" with the lore that's been established. High elves have been a part of the Alliance since Vanilla.

its mean nothing not because some npc are there then we could forget the fact that they are 99% like the blood elf. We have ethereal in our city but they are still not playable.

Don't make the High elves neutral then.

blood elf are high elf so if you give high elf to the alliance you make something like a neutral faction.

People have been asking for Humans on the horde. It's just not as prevalent as people wanting High elves since they've been asking for them since Vanilla beta.

we are not doing 50 thread a day to complain about it. most of the horde player understand why they cant play a human

12/07/2017 08:57 PMPosted by Xzazel
It isn't about the model. It's the lore.

again a 13years of lore didnt make them enough different so we cant forgot that they are the same except for the eye colour
12/07/2017 08:56 PMPosted by Murdra
The difference between High Elves and Blood Elves isn't biological, it's political.

political divergence dont make it a different race. All the playable race have biological different so why would it be different with the high elf who only have the eye as a difference?
12/07/2017 08:58 PMPosted by Lenastus
just stop with the panda thing

Me bringing up the Pandaren has nothing to do with neutral races and everything to do with racial silhouettes, which the devs said would be a problem.

12/07/2017 08:58 PMPosted by Lenastus
just the fact that you guys are not accepting them and still want high elf mean that they are enough different to be considered as a copy of blood-high elf.

Again, it's not the model. If the Void elves' backstory involved them being High elves, I'd be fine. Give them some normal skin and hair colors, and a lot of High elf proponents would be appeased. Otherwise, the main problem is that the Void elves are former Blood elves. There wasn't as much backlash about them until we found out that they were Blood elves, and all Hell broke loose.

12/07/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Lenastus
its mean nothing not because some npc are there then we could forget the fact that they are 99% like the blood elf. We have ethereal in our city but they are still not playable.

Apples to oranges. Ethereals have no factional connection. High elves have lore precedence as being a part of the Alliance, even before WoW was a thing.

blood elf are high elf so if you give high elf to the alliance you make something like a neutral faction.

Give them different classes, racials and customization options, effectively making them not neutral.

we are not doing 50 thread a day to complain about it.

And now, many High elf threads are about people complaining about people wanting High elves. If you don't want to see threads involving people wanting playable High elves, then you could a) not read them, and/or b) advocate Alliance High elves being playable.

again a 13years of lore didnt make them enough different so we cant forgot that they are the same except for the eye colour

I never said they were different from Blood elves aside from eyes color. Their similarity to Blood elves should not dissuade their playability. The High elves get more lore development than most Alliance playable races already.

12/07/2017 09:09 PMPosted by Lenastus
political divergence dont make it a different race.

No one said otherwise.

12/07/2017 09:09 PMPosted by Lenastus
All the playable race have biological different so why would it be different with the high elf who only have the eye as a difference?

The Void elves and Blood elves have no biological difference and the only difference is skin color.
12/07/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Mullokad
12/07/2017 07:51 AMPosted by Magnarok

The void elves were blood elves though. So technically we still can't play high elves.

I vote that we wipe out the remaining high elves so this argument can go away.
This really is the best solution.