Stop running mobs to tanks

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
12/10/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Eranos
12/10/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Nobody
Just stop hitting buttons when you see them approaching. Unless you are playing in 1st person. I have a dk tank, warrior tank, bear tank, pally tank, and a dh tank. I have no issue with observing people with a train of mobs following them running up to me. Are you playing on a toaster with 0 view distance?

Get over yourself, there are plenty of spots in Argus where sight lines are limited based on terrain. Consecration sits long enough for someone to pop up and lead mobs to you.

I'm sorry, did I hit a sore spot for you? Too bad, too sad.
I had someone trail a bunch of mobs through my AOE and then he left them with me. I'd have been OK with it if he stayed to fight, but no.
So, ghost wolf, sprint, run past him and out of range. The mobs unleashed from me, and headed back to him..
People actually do that?
12/10/2017 10:10 PMPosted by Uvarak
People actually do that?

Yeah they do lol. I have it happen to me all the time. Only thing that pisses me off is when they dont loot and the mobs are skinnable.

Honestly I dont mind, most of my tanks wont die if you pull 50 mobs on them. My low ilvl ones yeah that may hurt
12/10/2017 10:13 PMPosted by Kydoìme
Yeah they do lol. I have it happen to me all the time. Only thing that pisses me off is when they dont loot and the mobs are skinnable.

Honestly I dont mind, most of my tanks wont die if you pull 50 mobs on them. My low ilvl ones yeah that may hurt

Damn that sounds annoying. Although I lowkey want someone to pull a ton of elite mobs to me so I can tank it and brag.
12/10/2017 06:31 PMPosted by Nobody
Or you could stop aoe attacking and watch them die.

Yeah sure, lemme just pick up this consecration under me feet and poof gone!
Or you could stop aoe attacking
Depends on the character I'm on, if on Kyx here:

If they're not tapped by the other faction: No problem, more loot/less going to get more to finish WQ.

Tapped or not, If they trainer stops to help: No problem.

If they're tapped and trainer doesn't help: /shadowmeld /lol

If on my hunter/mage/shaman: Depends on overall situation. My CDs and the mob type will dictate if I just blow them up or find a way out.
I like trains.
Hunters would also like for you to stop doing this to us. Clean up your own messes.
Could always just Alt - F4, wait a few seconds, then log back in.
They don't just do it to tanks, people dump mobs on anyone.

I have had people drag conga lines of trash to me on multiple characters while out doing WQs, normally its not an issue, they die pretty fast and I just don't care.
Shadowmeld is amazing for this because you can run back over to them, drop your group on them and kill em!
No one is dragging anything to "You". They're going to get the same box that shows on their map as you are.

Man tanks are so soft lately.

-let me pull
-healer sucks
-dont take aggro from me
-dont dump your aggro on me
-turn off growl
-I get rez'd 1st
-I'm special..... yea special-ed...

Quit all your crying, holy crap.

Loot the world chest and dip out like everyone else has done since Legion started.
12/10/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Alande
When out in the open world, please don't just see a tank and think "oh, this is easy way out".. It's not fair on the tank having to do this for multiple dps that can't handle the aggro they've caused.
Would you like others to do it to you?
Quite a few times I've tried to loot boxes on my tank, but I have these dps dragging half the continent behind them that attack me. The DPS get their loot, all good, by the time I have finished killing everything everyone has dragged, there is no box.
Annoying.
You're a Night Elf! Shadow Meld is your friend. :)

It's what I do when that happens.
A tank is on call when there is a need for rescuing. Be it sentinax or mobs of a survivable proportion. Blood DK learning mob/aggro control in tanaan was so much worse than anything now. Our self heals have given us the powers to spare people's alts from an unpleasant end. You can find me at the emissary turn in.
1) Loot chest
2) Bubble
3) Hearth
Speaking as a tank alt of a DPS main:

I am a Blood DK. I am immortal. I welcome your attempts to bring enough mobs to end me. Your numbers mean nothing; it's simply more targets to hit with Consumption should the need arise.

If you see me fighting, I welcome you to bring more mobs to my blade. Do your best to overwhelm me. I relish the challenge. If you can call it that.

I am not just a tank.

I AM THE EBON JUGGERNAUT. I DARE YOU TO TRY AND STOP ME.

EDIT: also I get loot from the mobs, so whatever
12/10/2017 10:06 PMPosted by Fugubar
I had someone trail a bunch of mobs through my AOE and then he left them with me. I'd have been OK with it if he stayed to fight, but no.

Yeah, I don't mind if someone squishier than me wants me to hold aggro for them while they DPS the mobs down, but when they run past, drop the train off, and leave I get a mite peeved.

12/10/2017 10:29 PMPosted by Aohige
Or you could stop aoe attacking and watch them die.

Yeah sure, lemme just pick up this consecration under me feet and poof gone!

And I'll just stop my rushing jade wind from spinning, no problem.
Shadowmeld, bwahahaha!