Deadmines Abbrivation

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Do you abbrivate it DM or VC?
There are two types of people:

Those who call it VC, and those who are wrong.
Why was it VC already?

I know DM was fore DireMaul.

But I don't remember why it was VC...
VC, of course.

12/02/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Littlexheal
Why was it VC already?

VanCleef.
12/02/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Littlexheal
Why was it VC already?

It's because the final boss was Van'Cleef, and most people were introduced to the dungeon by a quest telling you to go kill him that you got in Westfall.

So it got abbreviated to VC even before Dire Maul was added.
Saying LFM DM and going to deadmines should be a reportable offense.
DM before dire maul is released. VC after. Van Cleef is the final boss in deadmines.

He's pissed at the alliance because he was contracted to rebuild Stormwind and they basically robbed him lol
Ho thanks Cyonan and Zarles!!!

I was Horde and did more WC than VC, explain why I forgot about Van'Cleef
12/02/2017 02:11 PMPosted by Quicksilverz
Saying LFM DM and going to deadmines should be a reportable offense.

lol
I don't recall anyone ever looking for a group for Dire Maul. I always saw Dire Maul East/West/North/Tribute.
Hardly looked for deadmines groups cos alli. Didn't run DM as much as i should have either, I think east maybe just the once, west for the key and mage water quest, and a few norths plus tributes, and once got roped in to the warlock epic mount quest therein. Would look forward to more of both VC and DM :).
DM has always been "Deadmines" to everyone I play with. Dire Maul is always DM (x). I don't know what this "VC" garbage is because there is more to Deadmines than VanCleef.
Deadmines came out first. Diremaul was like 1.3. So deadmines will always be DM.

Now if you still insist on using DM for diremaul, please do so like this:

LFG DM WEST
LFG DM NORTH

Ect.
I'm always going call it DM. I never saw people call it VC until the past few years.
It was DM until Dire Maul came out and then people changed it to VC especially when in SW or IF looking for a group.

Deadmines became VC and Dire Maul took over DM.
you also have to remember that we were all on separate realms and so the different abbreviations became standard on your realm.
12/02/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Brockthorn
you also have to remember that we were all on separate realms and so the different abbreviations became standard on your realm.

Yup, people on my old realm always said VC
This VC nonsense needs to take a long walk off a short pier along with DD (as opposed to dps).
Because I was not born out of incest, I call it VC.
Westfall chat in a nutshell:

Player 1: LFG DM
Player 2: omg it's VC, not DM
Player 3: it doesn't matter everyone knows what they mean..
Player 1: LFG DM