Should blizzard employees replay vanilla?

Classic Discussion
when vanilla wow started out it wasn't as heavily employed as it is today for legion. So a part of me feels that maybe the newcomers should experience the classic themselves and the old timers relive the experience for ideas for BFA
Wouldn't be a bad idea, though, they shouldn't be forced to or anything like that.
I wonder how many Blizz staff even played vanilla
12/04/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Paudric
when vanilla wow started out it wasn't as heavily employed as it is today for legion. So a part of me feels that maybe the newcomers should experience the classic themselves and the old timers relive the experience for ideas for BFA

it's a good idea. The problem lies with stubborn developers not listening to their playerbase and lets be honest.99% of vanilla design just wouldn't work anymore in the retail version.
12/04/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Koushi
I wonder how many Blizz staff even played vanilla

Probably a very tiny percent. Vanilla was over 10 years ago.
Somehow I think they will all be playing, even if not for those reasons. From what I can tell by reading and watching anything to do with blizzard, its definitely a gaming community, and knows how to have fun, so yes, I think they will all be playing, if for no other reason than to check it out. Doesn't need to be a mandatory work assignment.
Quite a few of them played actually! Most of them were Horde. They also had their own island. Has anyone ever seen the video on youtube where a player used a speed potion to invade GM isle? Legendary!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeWccfdxbI

Blizzard was also very involved with the community and they added to the fun. I always loved it when a GM would appear out of nowhere and show us, what appeared to us to be magic, turning himself into a flying dragon and morphing us into chickens.

We also used to call Blizzard on the phone for support issues. I don't remember there ever being a live chat or support ticket system.
I have a strong feeling that the reason we're even on these forums talking about it is because several members of the blizzard team have had a wee peak on the private realms and realised that although the current game is fantastic in its own way, vanilla was also amazing on its own terms. The question then was more about resource allocation, and whether they could make this a success? The private server support will have offered them a lot of positive encouragement, as will the hype following the announcement. But really, its the former that will have swung the decision: People tried out the old game, loved it, realised there was still a strong market for it, recognised its value, and wanted to bring it back.