I Guess That's It, Night Elves are Dead

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 23 Next
12/02/2017 03:03 AMPosted by Thaliand
Grom killed Cenarius, the son of a literal goddess. That has to mean something.

I heard Cenarius was poisoned by our enemies and Grom just so happened to be in the area.
It's an easy fix for the Night Elves too. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. Use this duality. Peacetime pacifist turns into savage warrior during times of battle to protect their way of life, to preserve balance.

Don't have the kaldorei be second fiddle to humans. Advance the NE (player faction) story. It doesn't matter what you throw at us - Shal'dorei, Malfurion, Illidan, Lord Ravencrest, Prince Farondis, the Highborne, Azshara - if their actions don't impact, or touch upon the NE condition.

Remember, Blizzard, it was a NE on the Classic WoW box, not a human.
12/02/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Khelehk
For how long that looked at first glance, that was a well-organized and good read, OP. Good job.

I agree with you, btw. This is my first ever character here and I too rolled a Nighr Elf because I loved them in Warcraft 3, right down to the very end when Malfurion blows the Horn of Cenarius to end Archimonde.

I've got nothing much to add since you cover most of the points except perhaps some more quotes:

"Many craven races have tempted our wrath over the centuries. None have survived!" - Maiev Shadowsong

"These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors." - Grom Hellscream

and my personal favourite:

"They almost look like elves. But they are far too tall, and far too savage."
- Grom Hellscream

Thank you! Took a little while to write it. Been thinking about it so much since the BfA announcement... that I've been having headaches. lol

Those quotes are perfect examples of what Night Elves are supposed to be. Even when being nasty, wild or violent, there was a care for something good behind it, which is nature, life and Elune. Nowadays, Night Elves only show up to act like jerks or hug some trees.

The very first quote from Night Elves in WC3 represents far more than their entire lore in WoW:

"Those green-skinned brutes have no respect for life. Slay them all in Elune's name!"
12/02/2017 03:05 AMPosted by Khelehk

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you might upset the orcs and humans.
And for the record, kids, just because Teebu's was featured on the inside cover doesn't mean to list it on the AH for the price of a spider mount.
12/02/2017 03:06 AMPosted by Corlia

This is so true it disgusts me.
The Elves and Draenei need to exit and make our own faction.
12/02/2017 02:52 AMPosted by Adelphie
12/02/2017 02:42 AMPosted by Osiria

Very much. For any other race, in fact.

Except Gnomes and Dwarves, there's nothing much special about them aside from being small Humans with small Human stuff.

Damn shame that, after they had developed such a masterpiece that is Warcraft 3, all they did was become narrow-minded and go back to the silly Human vs. Orcs, resulting in every other race getting shafted in the process. Night Elves suffering the worst of that.

Yeah, forced 2 faction system is also really bad for forsaken, blood elves, and draenei.

well it is when the company that forced it is bias to the horde so the draenei lose
12/02/2017 02:34 AMPosted by Empathetic
Purple people's problems.

Fun fact: Night Elves don't even have a true purple skin. Pinkish stuff all the way, is more meaningful for them, apparently.

*mumbles something about Nightbourne also getting true purple colors*

12/02/2017 03:00 AMPosted by Cragganmore
Cragganmore will miss sneaking into Darnassus to watch the fem Nelfs showering together.

In all fairness, we prefer "ao natural" anyway, so you'll still be able to see everything!

Specially considering all the body piles that are coming in BfA...
12/02/2017 03:06 AMPosted by Corlia

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!!!! D:<
12/02/2017 02:58 AMPosted by Vampiriç
12/02/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Genjuros
Hmm. I forgot how Grom had praised the fighting prowess of the race. Perhaps it's within the newer preachy ways that i grew to dislike you. From now on, i will not think of night elves as something to simply scrape from my boots, but an honor to face as the mighty Hellscream once did.

As though Grom's praise means anything. The old idiot couldn't even handle a Pit Lord without self-sacrifice. Like taking down Legion lieutenants is something foreign to Night Elves.

Maybe his words would mean something if the source wasn't some broken down greenskin that spent most of his 'legend' being known as someone that could cut down barely trained footmen.

He was a glorified grunt, nothing more.

Ha! He was merely taken by surprise. Had he known the scum would explode, he'd likely have moved. He was one of the finest warriors of the horde. Battled through the second war once it was brought to Draenor, successfully avoided capture when humans were locking us up in internment camps, and even killed your demi-god Cenarius. When one who has been on the battlefield as long as him says you're a worthy foe, it's not to be taken lightly.
Cragganmore will miss sneaking into Darnassus to watch the fem Nelfs showering together.
*Kynaria waves her hand and roots start rapidly sprouting out of the ground. The mass of vines begin following the orc and then tightly grasps his neck, imobilizing him.*

Could you repeat what you just said? I couldn't quite hear it from here...
12/02/2017 02:39 AMPosted by Vampiriç
12/02/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Khelehk
"These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors." - Grom Hellscream

I mean, the men are good too, but whatever. I'm not here or anything.

I mean, they were kind being lazy, sleeping in the dens while the women were doing all the work...

12/02/2017 02:58 AMPosted by Vampiriç
As though Grom's praise means anything. The old idiot couldn't even handle a Pit Lord without self-sacrifice. Like taking down Legion lieutenants is something foreign to Night Elves.

Maybe his words would mean something if the source wasn't some broken down greenskin that spent most of his 'legend' being known as someone that could cut down barely trained footmen.

He was a glorified grunt, nothing more.

He was a warmongering Orc, after all. But even Orcs were better in WC3. I thought his death was one of the most meaningful things Orcs got. Well, their plot in WC3 was supposed to be a sort of redemption, showing that they're better than that. WoW kinda throw that out of the window with Cata, Garrosh and Iron Horde.
i feel like night elves were most accurately represented in warcraft 3, felt very similar to warhammer wood elves. A nature dwelling race of isolationists who though still on the side of good would also either kill or help strangers that ventured onto their lands depending how they felt. Squishing them into the alliance in WoW and being under defacto human rulers just didn't make sense according to their nature.
12/02/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Peppito
warhammer wood elves
I just googled about them. Their story and way of thinking is almost identical to the night elves', lol. The "aesthetic" of the Night Elves is still much more interesting, though. Didn't Warcraft come from Warhammer? I'm not exactly surprised.

Come on, Blizzard, it's not hard to make the night elves awesome again. You just need to give half a !@#$ instead of nothing!
Wardens are again, merely a title and are not always neutral. They are the guardians of Night Elf society and can range from Priests to Warrior, etc. It is supposed to be a small force of elite soldiers that deal with the most extreme of cases - Such as dealing with the likes of Demon Hunters.
You are mistaking Watchers for Wardens. Watchers are the "faction", and Wardens are the class.
I mean, they were kind being lazy, sleeping in the dens while the women were doing all the work...

It built character. Look at them now. Strong and fierce, as women should be. Compared to those little sissy Blood Elves? At least they can hold a sword and not shoot a bow and look like they may inadvertently kill themselves.

12/02/2017 03:13 AMPosted by Genjuros
Ha! He was merely taken by surprise. Had he known the scum would explode, he'd likely have moved. He was one of the finest warriors of the horde. Battled through the second war once it was brought to Draenor, successfully avoided capture when humans were locking us up in internment camps, and even killed your demi-god Cenarius. When one who has been on the battlefield as long as him says you're a worthy foe, it's not to be taken lightly.

The Horde had many 'fine warriors' in the Second War, along with Grom. Who could forget your allegiance to the dragon that would later try to end the world? How about the ogre-mage that founded an apocalyptic cult? Don't forget Orgrim Doomhammer and his valiant duel with Blackhand. I mean, when Blackhand was turned the other way and not prepared. Who else was there? Oh yes, Teron Gorefiend, the "first Death Knight." Good to see Gul'dan gave such a lovely blueprint to go off of for Ner'zhul. Oh wait, those were two other grand heroes of the Horde, were they not?

So yes, if being labeled a hero of the Horde means being all that, then Grom was definitely among the like-minded.
Yeah..I don't care.

Used to the "bashing horde" then "pity party" posts as a crutch.

I personally hope you all burn in that tree house and you go extinct. But then again, it's not to far off from the constant blood elf hate I see all the time. Though my personal favorite is: "Arthas should have killed you all off" Thumbs up

So yeah, no pity here. Once I see some for the horde (once in a blue moon) that might change. Though, the constant two faced, hypocrisy doesn't help either. And the excuses for why it should be a thing....and so much more I could go into.

"Waves bye bye to all the Night Elves"
To be honest, as much as I've loved my druid for so many years, night elves have never lived up to their badassery in WC3. Back then they were portrayed as being strong, savage, almost feral people. Just look at their concept art!
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/78/09/0d/78090d36b7d90795246460918db64735--night-elf-game-concept-art.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6a/dc/64/6adc64a0aa8cb81ca283d1260ae5d41a--dota-warcraft-night-elf.jpg

Their society in WoW has never felt savage or really in tune with nature. Not really. Darnassus has always been too clean and civilized. When you do the Well of Eternity instance the aesthetics are exactly the same as they are now, even though their society supposedly underwent a radical shift back to nature 10,000 years ago. Their cities nowadays should look radically different but they never have.

And their models have always been lacking. The females facial tattoos are cool, but where's the natural touches we see in the concept art, with leaves through their hair any whatnot? And why can't I have big eyebrows without a beard? And why did the new model for male night elves never get updated underwear like everyone else?! (I do know why - because they were rushed)

And something that's been really bothering me this expansion is just how far druids have moved away from natural spells. Specifically balance druids. Everything about them now is celestial. Moons, suns, stars. That's not nature! That's the realm of the priestesses of Elune! The balance used to be between natural and arcane spells. Sure we always had Moonfire and Starfire. But Solar Wrath used to just be Wrath, a green ball of nature magic. We used to have Insect Swarm and Hurricane! And damn I miss those spells! The only nature spells we have now are roots and typhoon!
12/02/2017 03:13 AMPosted by Kynaria
*Kynaria waves her hand and roots start rapidly sprouting out of the ground. The mass of vines begin following the orc and then tightly grasps his neck, imobilizing him.*

Could you repeat what you just said? I couldn't quite hear it from here...

Damn you sexy...Cragganmore like pretty fem Nelf...Cragganmore like the foreplay!
Elune and Azeroth are one and the same, shes not dead or forgotten, this entire xpac is pretty much about her lol.
the tauren refer to her as earthmother she is literally the spirit/soul of azeroth, and the titan form is still being birthed, azeroth is the egg.