I Guess That's It, Night Elves are Dead

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 23 Next
12/02/2017 03:34 AMPosted by Cragganmore
Damn you sexy...Cragganmore like pretty fem Nelf...Cragganmore like the foreplay!
*Kynaria waves her hand again, and this time the vines start entrenching through Cragganmore's mouth just as he utters the last word. The orc tries to fight them, but the effort goes in vain, as the plants advance inside his body and press against his internal organs*
12/02/2017 02:51 AMPosted by Corlia
I feel for you and I agree I think what killed me from playing Alliance forever was the whole Valshara. with Tyranda running around fawning over Mal. it made me cringe so hard I was shaking my head so bad.

BUT it is the same thing they did to the horde. All the original quests that told how the horde was formed from thrall and what it stood for was removed. and then we were just painted over and over with the villain bat.

It's painful cause it's the company doing massive ret con and destroying game continuity.

12/02/2017 02:42 AMPosted by Osiria
Damn shame that, after they had developed such a masterpiece that is Warcraft 3, all they did was become narrow-minded and go back to the silly Human vs. Orcs, resulting in every other race getting shafted in the process. Night Elves suffering the worst of that.

Sadly this says it all and I hate how the game is nothing but Orcs and Humans.

They sure did.

It's like the writers were such Horde fanboys, that they tried so hard to keep the Horde on the cool, always win side that they botched up everything. They couldn't bear to see Horde losing or taking damage, or else they wouldn't feel "badass as they should". Problem is, all Horde does is cause harm without consistent provocation thanks to that design. Then, they try to fix it with lame justification for Horde aggression, or else they end up as generic villains.

Funny thing is, if Night Elves were what they're supposed to be, aggressive, trying to protect their lands and nature, killing Horde and taking their lands back, the Horde would have a better ground to justify actions against them, because at least they're being aggressive. But when there's nothing but piles of bodies and their lands being destroyed without provocation... Horde bad guy.
12/02/2017 03:54 AMPosted by Kynaria
12/02/2017 03:34 AMPosted by Cragganmore
Damn you sexy...Cragganmore like pretty fem Nelf...Cragganmore like the foreplay!
*Kynaria waves her hand again, and this time the vines start entrenching through Cragganmore's mouth just as he utters the last word. The orc tries to fight them, but the effort goes in vain, as the plants advance inside his body and press against his internal organs*

Cragganmore likes kinky.
12/02/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Peppito
i feel like night elves were most accurately represented in warcraft 3, felt very similar to warhammer wood elves. A nature dwelling race of isolationists who though still on the side of good would also either kill or help strangers that ventured onto their lands depending how they felt. Squishing them into the alliance in WoW and being under defacto human rulers just didn't make sense according to their nature.

I wouldn't go with "depending on how they felt". Feels too arbitrary. It's more like a sense of invading and destroying, killing stuff for no reason. Night Elves never had issues with other races such as furborgs or Tauren for that reason. Humans and Orcs showed up and began cutting stuff down "cuz it's just trees", with Orcs being even worse to the point of killing Cenarius with demon blood. So, their reaction was expected.

But, yea, based on what I know of them, they do have some similarities.

12/02/2017 03:38 AMPosted by Longos
Elune and Azeroth are one and the same, shes not dead or forgotten, this entire xpac is pretty much about her lol.
the tauren refer to her as earthmother she is literally the spirit/soul of azeroth, and the titan form is still being birthed, azeroth is the egg.

I'm pretty sure these 2 are not the same. Azeroth is the titan. Elune was the moon goddess that now is portrayed as a sort of Light Lord, much like a Void Lord.
12/02/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Cragganmore
Cragganmore likes kinky.
*The Night Elf says some unintelligible words, and a massive round piece of glowing stone comes down from the sky, and falls onto the Orc's head, before shattering itself into pieces. The plants begin moving again and make their way back to the earth, revealing a dead Orc in their place*

This should do the trick.

(This was getting far too weird for me... I may need to rethink my life priorities. Also TIL i suck at RP more than i thought.)
We need to go back to our savage ways that we attacked anyone who trespassed in our lands i wish we had been horde and blood elves got to be part of the alliance
Nah, I'm still around. Everything is cool.
Its gotten so bad that I'd happily change this Demon Hunter into a void elf if I could.

Instead i'll continue fighting with him in the faint hope that the Kaldorei will reclaim lost greatness one day, that the Druids will get off their neutral behinds and call upon the wrath of nature while the Highborne in their society rebuild their lost glories and the priestesses of Elune might show what mother moon can do to protect her people.

It must be depressing and angering for a Kaldorei Demon Hunter to return after so very long to see the decline of his people.
12/02/2017 03:33 AMPosted by Magnarok
Their society in WoW has never felt savage or really in tune with nature. Not really. Darnassus has always been too clean and civilized. When you do the Well of Eternity instance the aesthetics are exactly the same as they are now, even though their society supposedly underwent a radical shift back to nature 10,000 years ago. Their cities nowadays should look radically different but they never have.

I don't know. I feel Darnassus represent them. It's the lack of fervor for protecting nature, and just wiping out the invaders instead of being constantly portrayed as some politically correct Green Peace that never does anything to anyone except dying by the dozens.

Still, I do think you have a point there. There were too many houses near each other. Feels too much like a city. I'd expect far more of them to live with nothing but trees above their heads, sleeping in the Ancients branches, etc, with only a handful of homes built here and there between those ancients and trees.

And their models have always been lacking. The females facial tattoos are cool, but where's the natural touches we see in the concept art, with leaves through their hair any whatnot? And why can't I have big eyebrows without a beard? And why did the new model for male night elves never get updated underwear like everyone else?! (I do know why - because they were rushed)

The lack of leaves in their hair, the lack of proper armor that represents their culture like the armor we see in WC3, the lack of proper purple skins but instead be forced to deal with these human skin color and a pile of lame pinkish stuff... It's like they were trying to make them the new sidekick High Elves for Humans.

And oh boy, how it pisses me off to see Nightbourne getting that armor set. It's literally the only one that looks Night Elven.

And something that's been really bothering me this expansion is just how far druids have moved away from natural spells. Specifically balance druids. Everything about them now is celestial. Moons, suns, stars. That's not nature! That's the realm of the priestesses of Elune! The balance used to be between natural and arcane spells. Sure we always had Moonfire and Starfire. But Solar Wrath used to just be Wrath, a green ball of nature magic. We used to have Insect Swarm and Hurricane! And damn I miss those spells! The only nature spells we have now are roots and typhoon!

I know, right?! That has been pestering me since Cata. I think those Horde fanboy devs were trying real hard to add some "Hordeness" to the Druid class and thought Sun concept was a good idea.

I can't emphasize how lame that is. Sun is excessive and harmful. It is just a simple source of energy, but it burns and hurts, more than fire itself. You get the idea? Druids, protectors of life, trees and nature... are casting radioactive fireballs at people.

Elune was a subtle goddess, serene, the sort that represents that specific need for life and the Earthmother was the land beneath their feet that supports and helps life grow. As you said, Wrath used to be green, representing that nature side, Earthmother, of druids. Insect Swarm also used to represent life better. Then, we had Moonfire and others to represent Elune in the sky. It was all there already.

Now, it's just some generic cosmical crap and sparkles everywhere. And we're still stuck with Moonkin Form, even though the Druid herself is capable of casting spells.
OP, are you "Elven Athena" from MMO-Champion?
It's like they were trying to make them the new sidekick High Elves for Humans.
It's exactly what they are now.
12/02/2017 04:29 AMPosted by Osiria
As you said, Wrath used to be green, representing that nature side, Earthmother, of druids.
They should really make a glyph to turn Wrath green or blue. The sun stuff just seems wrong when your character is a Night Elf. The green Wrath still exists ingame, some NPCs use it, so it shouldn't be any trouble. I used to be able to replace the current Wrath spell effect by the old one using Tmorph. But Blizzard broke Tmorph, oh well.
The problem is that the writers have gone from sensible people to pandering wafflers.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

This is the case of the horde and alliance factions. They don't stand for anything. Their histories are meaningless, so they have no basis to draw lines in the sand over.

By denying each of these races their heritage, they have no sense of identity. Their gods and goddesses have been reduced to very inoffensive "magic" beings.

There is no sense of morality in this world anymore. Good and Evil is more than merely "right and wrong." It has spiritual connotations that modern game developers dare not tread upon, because it does something we have become indoctrinated into believing.

"There is no such thing as good or evil. Only shades of gray."

The person that believes that has no moral foundation. They are a ship lost at sea. They are like the poor World of Warcraft writers. Unable to find direction, unable to find solid land, they are ignorant of where they are going and even what they would do when they finally arrived.

It takes courage to identify evil in this world, and it takes a quality of character to have the moral certitude to stand for good and vanquish evil. The horde are evil. They are godless heathens that encroach upon and ultimately destroy all that they touch. They should be put to the sword and driven from the lands they've stolen. Not made treaties with.

The writers have done a horrible job with their own characters, because they've tried to write both sides as being justified. There is no justification for what the horde did to Draenor and ultimately Azeroth. "The devil made me do it" is no excuse. That's just more reason to burn them at the stake at every opportunity.
You probably shouldn't live in a tree on top of a magical puddle.
Not all Horde want to be written as the good guys.

Make orcs savage brutes. Make the undead plague-crazy murderers. I want butt elves to be assassins with no ethics.

Give the OP what they want, Blizz, but also make the Horde the bad girls and boys once again. That hippy Thrall is playing house and we now have the leader for this.
I'm glad Thalssyra is sticking it to Ashenvale.

I found my new favorite race and I can't wait to roll a Nightborne and join her.
Can anyone point me to any writing in WoW that has been good?

Night Elves have just been added to the long list of storylines that Blizzard has taken a proverbial dump on since Warcraft III.
12/02/2017 04:53 AMPosted by Lewdpaw

I found my new favorite race and I can't wait to roll a Nightborne and join her.

I'm glad we're attacking the night elves but I want them to fight back as the superior warriors we know they are.

GIVE ME A REAL FIGHT
12/02/2017 04:53 AMPosted by Lewdpaw

Where's triplex when we need him?
12/02/2017 03:32 AMPosted by Finalchaotic
Yeah..I don't care.

Used to the "bashing horde" then "pity party" posts as a crutch.

I personally hope you all burn in that tree house and you go extinct. But then again, it's not to far off from the constant blood elf hate I see all the time. Though my personal favorite is: "Arthas should have killed you all off" Thumbs up

So yeah, no pity here. Once I see some for the horde (once in a blue moon) that might change. Though, the constant two faced, hypocrisy doesn't help either. And the excuses for why it should be a thing....and so much more I could go into.

"Waves bye bye to all the Night Elves"

I didn't expect you to care. You seem the exact type of player I was talking about, too busy with your little faction pride nonsense to think about the narrative itself.

And it's little hard to have pity for the Horde when they're the ones doing the killing and destroying, while all that is left for Night Elves is to sit and be portrayed as arrogant so that same Horde has an excuse to keep killing and destroying. Or else, they're doing nothing at all, like Wardens, Druids, Ancients, etc, even though they should, but they're too busy being neutral about everything.

That's what writers made and that's what you get from the narrative. If you wanna blame someone, blame them, not Night Elves.