Shadow Priest Changes 11/28/2017

Class Development
1 2 3 10 Next
With the next weekly maintenance, we'll be shifting around some of Shadow Priests' damage sources with the goal of improving their AOE damage performance in short-duration multitarget situations - namely dungeon trash packs.

The nature and lifetime of dungeon trash packs makes it hard for Shadow Priests to ramp up to their full damage potential as part of their rotation. These changes should improve that situation, with a mostly neutral effect for overall performance in longer-duration raid fights.

• Void Eruption
    • No longer deals a separate damage event for each of your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch on each target. Instead, deals a single damage event to all targets that have EITHER your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch.
    • Void Eruption damage increased by 700%
  • Shadow Crash
    • Cooldown reduced to 20 sec. (down from 30 sec)
    • Insanity generation increased to 20. (up from 15)
    • Missile speed increased by 60%.
  • Mind Sear (Passive)
    • Damage increased by 50%.
  • Heart of the Void (Legendary)
    • Increases Void Eruption’s damage by 75% (down from 300%) and heals you for 25% (down from 40%) of the damage done.
    • Developers Note: This is compensation for the Void Eruption buff. The overall effect is mostly neutral.
  • Shadow Word: Pain/Vampiric Touch
    • Damage reduced by 4%.
    • Developers Note: This is compensation for the Void Eruption buff in extended fights.
And why exactly did it take 75% of this expansion's lifespan for this stuff to be implemented?

Absolutely ridiculous.
change dh
Delete Dh
Why did you nerf a tier set BM hunter isn't even going to use?
can we please just have a ground targeted aoe similar to like death and decay?

that would be amazing. make it dark void tendrils wriggling about or something.
FINALLY it took long enough
RIP twins ring
Thanks Lore!

I look forward to the upcoming changes.

-Tuna
You changed Brutal Slash's tier for feral, for the exact same reason shadow crash needs to be changed from that tier.

Mind Sear. You have to apply a SWP (1 GCD) to start AoE (2 GCDs) on trash packs. If the add with SWP dies you have to apply another SWP to start AoE. If that add dies you...

DoT damage reduction is a compensation assuming extended fights. Outside of raid bosses or high level tyrannical M+, that is not the case.
Thank you.
Helpful, but still worried about how we're going to do in raids with the loss of t20 4pc, our 1 minute voidform cycle will be hard if not impossible to maintain.
Oh look you're finally talking to classes, now explain why Demon Hunter's have been treated like absolute trash this entire expansion by Devs filled with lies every PTR cycle.
So this is great I see a lot of new shadow priests complaining about lack of aoe and it is frustrating in lower end dungeons and on low hp adds.

But can we get something on the RIDICULOUS stats we are going to need next tier. To do our proper rotation needing upwards of 20k haste (unreachable) down to 16-18k with belt sephuz/soul of the high priest (legendary reliant for the first time all expac)
https://i.imgur.com/AEO9C1G.jpg
Just wondering if you have actually people testing your changes or do you just nerf/buff classes based on garbage sims you see on the simcraft website?
11/21/2017 10:24 PMPosted by Zyký
Oh look you're finally talking to classes, now explain why Demon Hunter's have been treated like absolute trash this entire expansion by Devs filled with lies every PTR cycle.

Because DH are mostly played by casuals because they're easy and powerful at lower gear levels and don't require excellent mechanical input to play 'decently'. They're also too new for Blizz to want to change much at this point (yes, still too new. Shadow Priests have had ancient historical aoe problems that got mitigated by Mind Sear, which then got removed).
You know things are very dire when they need to be buff spells by 700%.
Those of you asking for other classes... bugger off! lol

I don't agree with any of the decreases you are doing. Just seems like more knee-jerk reactions to try and fix a class that is progressively getting more gimmick based and focused all around 1 ability. We're getting a -229% nerf with TWO abilities for it to be even more focused around eruption. I'm not sure of -any- class that is dependent on one ability and has no burst, no burst cd, no good aoe, can't use one of their abilities until 20% HP of a fight... which is fairly useless in dungeons (esp if you use both charges, then have to wait 18 secs to use again. The VE change is still fairly weak, considering the time it takes to put dots up, usually by the time I do that to 3, the pack is dead or just about and no point using VE on trash...

I'd rather have Mind Sear back then have to dot everything, then mindflay it. Lower dungeon farming is beyond annoying because of this exact reason.

Idk... these changes just don't seem well thought out to me.
11/21/2017 10:41 PMPosted by PlayerKZVLQH
You know things are very dire when they need to be buff spells by 700%.

"spell" not plural..