P60 people have ruined Classic for me

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Every streamer knows project60 is nothing like vanilla . They are just doing it for fun, for content on their stream. I personally think they should make a guild on Moonguard with 1k members and actually roleplay. Goldshire inn folks would still be upset with them for playing by the rules.
People are expecting a vanilla game with vanilla community with vanilla mindset, but what we'll be getting is a vanilla game with modern WoW community with modern WoW mindset when classic server is release.
11/18/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Paeldryth
11/18/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Sigtyr
Unfortunately, that's not what I got. Instead, what I found is that most of the players in this event are COMPLETELY detestable.

Be wary of people who crave Vanilla because of "community."

They want people to be forced to interact with them for a reason.

that would explain why so many of them are the exact people I don't want to have to interact with.
11/18/2017 05:34 AMPosted by Sigtyr
11/18/2017 05:30 AMPosted by Yyöp
Or you could try it when it actually comes out instead of experiencing it artificially.

I think the point went over your head. Of course we can't replicate the Vanilla experience...Cataclysm happened. Not to mention changes to talents and classes.

The point is, in an attempt to seriously enjoy Vanilla content and get even the barest glimpse of what playing on Classic servers will be like, I was severely disappointed by the very people who claim to be excited for the upcoming reintroduction of Vanilla.

The fact you are developing an opinion about Classic WoW based on a false sense of reality that is "Project 60" says a lot about the type of person you are. Did you ever consider that maybe a large chunk of the project 60 crowd is other toxic players that never played Vanilla to begin with? I started playing a few months before the War Effort of AQ. I don't ever plan on doing Project 60. There's tons of people like me who are going to just wait until the real thing comes out. Maybe you should just wait things out instead of getting involved with toxic streamer fanboys.
11/18/2017 11:07 AMPosted by Dreddmourne
The fact you are developing an opinion about Classic WoW based on a false sense of reality that is "Project 60" says a lot about the type of person you are. Did you ever consider that maybe a large chunk of the project 60 crowd is other toxic players that never played Vanilla to begin with? I started playing a few months before the War Effort of AQ. I don't ever plan on doing Project 60. There's tons of people like me who are going to just wait until the real thing comes out. Maybe you should just wait things out instead of getting involved with toxic streamer fanboys.

You are the umpteenth person who totally missed the point of my OP. I added a special note at the top of the post in an effort to make it clearer to you.
EDIT: Too many people apparently can't be bothered to parse a decent amount of text, so in plain English, the point I'm trying to make is that if Classic community is anything like the P60 community, Classic will be a terrible experience.

Obviously P60 doesn't replicate Classic because Cataclysm happened.

---

I'm sure by this point we've all read/heard/experienced Project 60, an event organized by streamers in order to hype up the approach of Classic servers. Having started in Vanilla, but not really engaging in endgame until Wrath, I was mildly interested in what Classic servers offered in terms of endgame - namely, those original 40-man raids of yesteryear. So earlier this week I rolled a Human Warrior on Moon Guard with intent to join one of the P60 guilds and enjoy tanking MC, BWL, and AQ alongside likeminded players.

Unfortunately, that's not what I got. Instead, what I found is that most of the players in this event are COMPLETELY detestable.

There are thousands - literally THOUSANDS - of players taking part in P60 on Moon Guard, in many different guilds. I'm sure that not all of them watch the streams of those who organized this event, since I don't. I just read about this on these very servers and it piqued my interest.

However, after doing Deadmines and Stockades with some of the guildies, I decided to level up entirely through questing (which ends up being way faster because you can't use summoning stones), and after tanking a Molten Core run last night, I've decided to retire the effort completely.

One of the greatest nostalgia factors about Vanilla is the community. Reputation mattered, and people actually had to work together. I have experienced none of that in P60. While I only saw a few talk about harassing roleplayers on their home server, most interactions between participants is a huge circle-jerk about how "Legion sucks, WoD sucks, MoP sucks, Cata sucks" from people who also claim to have quit at the end of Wrath. Then these same people, who claim to be of a superior breed, flounder helplessly because they refuse to adapt to the way that classes, dungeons, and the world have changed over the years.

Furthermore, for those who seek to return to the days of rigorous, organized PvE, I've never seen a less patient crowd in my life. I literally had people pulling raid bosses for me. RAID BOSSES. We're limited to 6 people per raid (another freaking stupid rule, but that's another point), so we're already handicapped, and you wanna pull for me?

You guys ever seen a level 60 ret paladin get absolutely trashed by Ossirian the Unscarred? It's extremely funny. Especially when that person begins to harass the tanks and healers for failing.

I thought that I would be able to get a sense for the mature, disciplined crowd that understood certain old-timey mannerisms from back in the first days of WoW. Instead I met hundreds of people who can't get over themselves, and who are extremely interested in Classic servers.

If Project 60 is any indication of the caliber of people who will be playing on Classic servers when they come out - I will absolutely be sticking to the live servers. I prefer my memories of Vanilla to be untarnished.

Your best bet is to ignore those P60 guys, what they are doing is tantamount to buying a electric car cause they used to enjoy riding a motorcycle and think growing a ZZ Top esque beard makes it authentic.
11/18/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Ravishar
Every streamer knows project60 is nothing like vanilla . They are just doing it for fun, for content on their stream. I personally think they should make a guild on Moonguard with 1k members and actually roleplay. Goldshire inn folks would still be upset with them for playing by the rules.

I'm sorry but please don't add anymore people like that to Moon Guard, some of those project 60 folks came to Moon Guard and harassed the roleplayers, we don't want that here.
The point is, in an attempt to seriously enjoy Vanilla content and get even the barest glimpse of what playing on Classic servers will be like, I was severely disappointed by the very people who claim to be excited for the upcoming reintroduction of Vanilla.
P60 makes up a very small subset of the Classic community. You'll be able to avoid most of it by simply avoid the server most streamers flock to.

Wait for Classic and experience the community then. There will be other people in your boat, don't worry.
if Classic community is anything like the P60 community, Classic will be a terrible experience.
That's pretty much exactly what your title implies, so I don't know why/if anybody was confused.

It's a gaming community. Since the invention of the Internet, all gaming communities were full of trolls.

If you remembered classic differently, then you either didn't play it, or your memory is playing tricks on you.

Besides, for nearly a decade, the entire forum community trolled people who wanted classic back. Some might think that could generate a large buildup of hostility, which could be released after the announcement finally fell.

For me, I wasn't a part of the community. I was a soloist. That's where classic really shined. There were so many dangers in so many areas to explore, not the least of which was other players.

It was like real life, but you don't reap horrible consequences for miscalculating.

It's really strange that, even though classic was way smaller, its content was essentially infinite in comparison to what we have today.
an event organized by streamers

I found your problem. When Classic servers open up, I'll see where they roll and go somewhere else. Problem solved.
Darling, it sounds like you are experiencing the barrens chat people. There were a lot of them back in the day.
[b]EDIT: Too many people apparently can't be bothered to parse a decent amount of text, so in plain English, the point I'm trying to make is that if Classic community is anything like the P60 community, Classic will be a terrible experience.

If Classic is really Classic, then its servers will not have transfers, faction changes, name changes and so forth. This brings accountability. People will behave or be shunned by the community. This isn't possible on today's servers. People just transfer or change their names to avoid any kind of community retribution for their actions.
Firstly, expect this behavior in classic. People are naturally impatient on WoW and love to pull/rush because mythic+ has made this the norm unless you guild raid.

Secondly, best to wait for classic for real vanilla experience. Nothing much mechanics wise is left from vanilla, it's more of a "make shift vanilla experience". Doesn't equate to what it was because of all the changes.
11/18/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Chanel
Darling, it sounds like you are experiencing the barrens chat people. There were a lot of them back in the day.

Barrens chat sucked because people couldn’t figure out what the hell to do in the barrens back then and 90% of the time you were running from the one gy into the southern half of he zone. These people are just pricks. Plain and simple
Yeah, in theory it sounds like a fun and interesting take on "new" WoW. But the community running around is NOT the type of people I'd want to play with. Foul mouthed, meme hyped up kids from streams. They pretend and act like they knew Vanilla and want Vanilla back. But realistically, not a lot of people that played actual Vanilla are doing this.

With that being said, no disrespect to the streamers. Not their fault their fans are disgusting.
11/18/2017 06:25 AMPosted by Luph
I'm not sure what game you guys played in classic but "mature, disciplined" is not how I would have described it. It's not a coincidence that the classic community is toxic af. It's literally comprised of all the worst people who've quit and come back.

I had a completely different experience. In Vanilla, at least on my server, the "toxic" players were well known and easily avoided. If you wanted to raid you acted mature or you got cut. There was no prevalent "go go go" mentality with every activity in the game. It was slower, more methodical, and infinitely more social on a large scale.

I find the "go go go" crowd to be far more toxic and likely to spew out threats and talk trash than what I dealt with in Vanilla. It's a by-product of the x-server/queue system. Play with a douchebag and you will likely never see him/her again, so there is no consequence for their behavior and no reason for them to not act like a 13 yr old console gamer whose parents can't hear him talking !@#$ in the basement.
11/18/2017 07:41 AMPosted by Xaterian
11/18/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Taeru
Classic was always about the people never the game, if not for my guild, the grind to 60 would have been awful. They left after Wrath never to return, my friends list is full of names that will never log on again. Classic won't bring them back nor will it bring back those times. You think you want classic WoW, but you don't. Waste of developer time in my opinion.

I can’t upvote this enough. Catering to nostalgia is what the market demands, I can’t stop reading about it on the forums. Everything was so much better back then...if I could just get back to that better place in my memory...

This. It's all just nostalgia, and anyone who's ever given in to the nostalgia urge and tried to recreate a first-time experience knows it's never really perfect. How can it be? You've already been there, done that, and with current knowledge and experience, you can't ever go back to what you were the first time you did something.

I'd love to play the game as it was before the last patch of WotLK, before Blizz remade the world in Cata. I started playing in about mid-WotLK. If there is ever a sanctioned WotLK server from Blizzard, I'll be there. However, I'll be there knowing that it won't be perfect, and maybe won't even be all that much like I remember it. Such is the price of experience.

All that said, I do feel like it's a bit of a waste of dev time and resources. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see it fall flat when folks realize that it's not as good as they remember, and the Classic servers become ghost towns.
11/18/2017 05:30 AMPosted by Yyöp
Or you could try it when it actually comes out instead of experiencing it artificially.

I think the point went over your head. Of course we can't replicate the Vanilla experience...Cataclysm happened. Not to mention changes to talents and classes.

Most of the people partaking in this event have no clue what it was like, just moronic bandwagon players.

The fact they rolled on MG is a sign that this was nothing more than a troll event by the loser Asmongold.
i don't think the p60 crowd is the majority of the vanilla crowd.

they're mostly twitch cancer, only here because they're following their 'celebrities' hoping to get noticed. they're less than nothing, shouldn't even be considered.
11/18/2017 09:41 AMPosted by Pharsalus
11/18/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Sigtyr
You must be looking at the wrong guild because last night that guild had close to 1000 members and over 250 online...

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. Or you're lying. Or both.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/moon-guard/At_End_of_the_Day/

527 Members.

Unless you're suggesting they lost 473 people overnight?

Or your reading comprehension blows and you didn’t realize you’re looking at the wrong guild.

Kinda funny when you called the poster out for not knowing what their talking about and/or lying but you didn’t even look at the right guild.