The Cloud... (Spoilers)

Story Forum
I wish the raid dialogue forced your eyes upwards more so you can see the cloud encroaching Azeroth more.

I mean, I notice it now that someone said something, but it wasn't painfully obvious to me the first time around. I was like, why was he in that cloud?
The titans are space farts.
12/07/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Threeslotbag

It all makes sense now.
12/07/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Is stardust not literally just space farts?

IT'S CANON BOYS
What I find confusing is that Sargeras is suppoused to be the strongest of all the titans. Even the whole pantheon couldnt defeat him so, why didnt he just kill them again? or attack the ship or something? He just floated casually waiting to be imprisoned.
12/07/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Nightlighter
What I find confusing is that Sargeras is suppoused to be the strongest of all the titans. Even the whole pantheon couldnt defeat him so, why didnt he just kill them again? or attack the ship or something? He just floated casually waiting to be imprisoned.

They were at the seat of the pantheon so safe to assume power boost there allowed them to call him there against his will if they all worked together.

Also I really think the only reason he won against them originally was because the pantheon still viewed him as a brother and though he could still be persuaded to change his ways. Also fel boost.
12/07/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Felmyth

They were at the seat of the pantheon so safe to assume power boost there allowed them to call him there against his will if they all worked together.

Also I really think the only reason he won against them originally was because the pantheon still viewed him as a brother and though he could still be persuaded to change his ways. Also fel boost.

Remember they also have Argus boosting them which adds another to their side. From Argus' abilities he might be one of the stronger titans.

He was trying to fel corrupt Azeroth's world soul, so he can add her to his dark pantheon. If he managed to grab Azeroth away from the Void, he would have the power to defeat the void lords, as the other titans believed that Azeroth would be stronger than even Sargeras and would have the power to defeat the void.

Sargeras stabbing Azeroth was a last ditch effort. He knows there are old gods on Azeroth, and he knows that their purpose is. He would rather kill a fellow titan than let the void have them. He has done this before, it was what drove him to start the burning crusade.

Also the pantheon were using the soul of Argus to imprison Sargeras. The titans were trying to use the world soul of Argus to imprison him beforehand, but Sargeras forced Argus to materialize. Argus was nothing but a distraction, buying Sargeras time to corrupt Azeroth.
12/07/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Caith
12/07/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Felmyth

Remember they also have Argus boosting them which adds another to their side. From Argus' abilities he might be one of the stronger titans.

Also all the titans at the time when sargeras came back to fight them had used a good portion of there powers sealing the OG's to azeroth they also had created the titan forged and turned a few of them into keepers leaving with them a portion of there powers.
Ok just my idea about it but we all know titans are worlds with magic and sentience but no lore I have ever found tells us how titans move about the universe looking for other sleeping titans and the picture in chronicle shows all the titans made up of nebulas so my idea is that is a titans method of travel.
Essentially, Illidan using the Keystone to open the portal to Argus is what gave Sargeras the edge he needed to locate Azeroth. Sargeras often employed his forces to locate and dominate planets to prepare for his arrival to destroy said planet. A bit slower, but they likely aimed to use the keystone to do the same.

As the heroes began to attack Antorus, Sargeras had to build his form together and began to travel straight to Azeroth. As you go through the raid, you see the cloud progressively get worse. Look from when you start Antorus, to when you finish. You see it progressively get bigger.

Likely Sargeras trying to rush his attack, when he has cleaved planets in half, he likely was just trying to aim proper to assure the World Soul's destruction. But our attack and the titan's interference only allowed him to stab Azeroth. hoping to kill the one planet that resisted him time and again.
Well what kind of planets did the Titans come from? Maybe Sargaras' planet was a gaseous planet like Jupiter is, giving him the option to change his form into gas.

Also either Azeroth is a larger planet or we are incredibly lucky he didn't get any bigger because he did cut a planet in half with the sword he stabbed ours with once.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/e/ed/Sargeras_cleaving_planet.jpg/449px-Sargeras_cleaving_planet.jpg?version=5faae5ae7d8600688b86c57bca9ffc82
01/17/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Nightbolt
Also either Azeroth is a larger planet or we are incredibly lucky he didn't get any bigger because he did cut a planet in half with the sword he stabbed ours with once.

Azeroth is probably larger than the others(Azeroth even looked larger from Argus than Argus did from Azeroth). Sargeras is likely the size of two thirds of Kalimdor(his hand is smaller than Silithus as any who've seen the sword can attest). There must have not been much rock or matter gathered by his newly formed World Soul to create his body when he was coming into existence.

Mortals are like Ants to Sargeras rather than bacteria as shown by the cinematic. This leads to questions on whether or not Aman'Thul's battle with Y'Shaarj was like pulling out a python(incidentally Y'Shaarj looks like a snake) out of a river with one hand. He had to have been beaten up pretty badly as a result.
My headcanon is that Sargeras came through the portal that Illidan left between Argus and Azeroth. That was originally what Gul'dan was trying to do and failed. That, logically, is what it seems like to me, as the cloud wasn't there before we invaded Argus and Antorus raid, so it had to be very recent.
01/17/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Kelisaria
My headcanon is that Sargeras came through the portal that Illidan left between Argus and Azeroth. That was originally what Gul'dan was trying to do and failed. That, logically, is what it seems like to me, as the cloud wasn't there before we invaded Argus and Antorus raid, so it had to be very recent.

Actually the cloud has been there since TBC and probably before, and there's no way Sargeras decided to sit in the cloud from TBC till now. If you open your world map you can see the cloud around Azeroth, and it's been there since TBC.
01/17/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Kelisaria
I don't think that's a headcanon, I think that's exactly what happened.
My theory is that he wasn't trying to outright kill Azeroth but was trying to enslave/corrupt her similar to Argus the other titans. Only once we defeated Argus and began imprisoning him he decided a dead Azeroth would have to do.
01/21/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Shelldin
My theory is that he wasn't trying to outright kill Azeroth but was trying to enslave/corrupt her similar to Argus the other titans.
The artifact knowledge book for the Scepter of Sargeras would seem to suggest precisely that.
01/20/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Ultimyr
Actually the cloud has been there since TBC and probably before, and there's no way Sargeras decided to sit in the cloud from TBC till now. If you open your world map you can see the cloud around Azeroth, and it's been there since TBC.

http://www.senzeni-na.com/wow/BlackTemple03.jpg is not the same cloud as http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/648042.jpg!

There are two clouds. One being the not as dense cloud that surrounds Azeroth and the other being the denser cloud form of Sargeras.
01/21/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
01/20/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Ultimyr

http://www.senzeni-na.com/wow/BlackTemple03.jpg is not the same cloud as http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/648042.jpg!

There are two clouds. One being the not as dense cloud that surrounds Azeroth and the other being the denser cloud form of Sargeras.

I'm seeing the clouds above black temple and the in-atmosphere azeroth clouds, the world map depicts the same outside-atmosphere cloud that your second picture shows.