If WoW tokens were removed

General Discussion
12/08/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Infernastorm
12/08/2017 12:50 PMPosted by Billidan
It wouldn't change anything to me since I have literally no idea how people can make 100k gold per month. Paying 10k for something is already surreal to me, you guys waste what, 50 hours grinding gold in game to pay for the tokens?

I can make 100k in about 4 days. Two days, actually, if it's the first of the week.

If you're interested, here's how: Run your missions, do your WQs, do your Argus content, all with a companion that's geared with the bits that give Resources and gold.

Get a crafting profession, get to 800, craft legendaries. One legendary will net you about 60k. Get a few alts crafting and you can make enough in one day to pay for your monthly sub with a token.

Even ignoring crafting leggos, if you have a few alts at 950, with the Argus quest chain done, you can make 20-30k a day just from doing gold missions across a few alts. Just get your companions geared with high bonuses for missions that take 8+ hours to complete. Get a few of the bonus troops from Argus and you can run 4-5 missions at a time, with them completing twice a day.

Finally, if you don't want to do any of all that above, just go run Cataclysm/MOP raids. Each one will net you about 4-5k as long as you kill everything, loot everything and sell everything.

It's up to you, but it's incredibly simple to make gold right now.

Same, seconding advice here. It does take time. Gold missions there is rng involved, wq are more steady. I just either put gold towards my sub or buy things I don't need like mounts. But it is easy to make, just still takes running missions, wq, can craft legos but cloth one doesn't sell well on my server so I send it to alts. I have 3 alts that can make it though and 2 alts that are close enough in skill to making the blacksmithing one shortly. The only annoying part for the better gold missions is running seat a lot of times total; wish the gold mission unlock was account wide.
WoW tokens honestly shouldn't exist.

Something must be seriously wrong with people if you can't fork out a McDonald's hour shift for a month of gameplay.
12/08/2017 08:31 PMPosted by Infernastorm
You think Blizzard cares that he's so mad that he's paying someone else to buy his game time for him?

Definitely a case of "Shut up and take my money!"
I am not talking about people that are mad at Blizzard, I am only talking about people that don't want to pay to play. They still need the token exist and if that makes Blizzard more cash then who cares?
no but id be sad because i suck at gold
No

I'd just buy tcg pets to get gold again.
I'd play without tokens.

But then I never bought a token for gold.

I've bought a few tokens for $s to get gold. I didn't need it. But it did help for something I was trying to buy when the gold price for tokens finally went high enough.

I don't care either way, but I know it's a solid business decision on Blizzard's part to have them. Which means, I guess I am glad they do exist since that is then beneficial to the game.
12/08/2017 09:48 PMPosted by Psa
The only annoying part for the better gold missions is running seat a lot of times total

Once per character really isn't all that bad.
No.
Ill probably would be taking more breaks but i wouldn't stop playing entirely
No, I wouldn't. I only buy the occasional WoW token to add more gold to my account. Less than an hour at work pays my sub for the month.
12/08/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Deathchix
maybe, three subscriptions would get a bit costly.

Three subscriptions?

Might I ask why?
12/09/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Gwendis
12/08/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Deathchix
maybe, three subscriptions would get a bit costly.

Three subscriptions?

Might I ask why?

Multiboxing more than likely.
Wouldn't make a bit of difference to me -- but then I'm one of the few on the buying tokens for cash side of the deal.
12/09/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Meritha
12/09/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Gwendis

Three subscriptions?

Might I ask why?

Multiboxing more than likely.

I've done it too. Just from RAF and unless you have a decent amount of gold/money to throw at it; can't see it paying off unless you were doing boe/AH-able mount farms. Some people use to tap extra nodes/AH. I find more than a 3 box to be annoying though.
12/08/2017 12:36 PMPosted by Zën
Would you stop playing?

Well, since I've never bought a token and have no intention of ever buying a token I'm going to go with no.
No and i only buy them during the holidays so we get more xmas presents for my kids if not i pay the low fee.
I would, yes. My financial situation is turbulent, buying WoW tokens is the only way I can consistently play the game. If that were to go away, I would have to stop playing.
12/08/2017 12:54 PMPosted by Zinai
I would stop playing. I'm in an unusual situation though being that I'm out of the US temporarily until approximately next December. I have no direct income in the form of US currency that I can easily deposit into my US account, my funds go to family. I only put a limited amount in my account before I moved and that account is low. I could have family do a funds transfer for me but I'm not going to go through that for something as trivial as an MMO. Which means the only reason I have an active account now is that I can convert gold to a subscription. If I was back in the US right now the answer would be no, I'd just pay for my sub like normal.

You could actually just have your family pick up a game time card at walmart and have them email or text you the code.
Or have them pick up a prepaid visa for you, and they can send you the numbers for that
^ My financial income in student positions varies as an almost grad student. I would probably break more in between content without tokens. Bought this account during the holiday and mounts with tokens. In fact my mount addiction is funded by gold/tokens also. I can farm up on Legion token gold in a few days. Still use the WoD garrisons also and farm up some mats to post (ore/living steel/gems etc). And I sell a lot of bags; alts need bags and potions of prolonged power from legion.
12/08/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Bloodidan
Nope. $15 a month is nothing.

Watch out folks big money maker here :P