Picking a main class/spec please help

General Discussion
Can you guys help me pick a main? I've been playing my warrior since 2013 & raiding on him since 2015 but lately I've been growing tired of him.

(P.S. I dislike any ramp damage class)

Any advise would be appreciated

Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet?

It does not matter to me, I've never raided as anything other then a warrior since 2015 but having a pet might be fun.

Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor?

As long as my character looks really cool, i don't care what type of armor it has on. I have seen cool plated armor sets and cool cloth sets.

What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you!

Both casters and warriors are really cool. I like either. Getting up close and person hacking and slashing people sounds very fun, but so does shooting cool spells out of my hands. I've only ever played WoW.

Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells?

If I'm going to heal it would only be as a holy paladin, I dont mind if the next class i main can't heal it self, I'll have food/pots on hand for that.

Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces?

I like both, it really doesn't matter. both of them are really cool in there respective areas.

Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat?

I don't like sneaking around the shadows, I prefer to go head to head with my enemy as they see me coming at them.

Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe?

I'd rather be in the front lines.

Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet?

I will mostly be leveling on my own.

Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already?

I have read about all of the classes, and for the most part tried all of them out. Both melee and ranged classes both appeal to me.

Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history.

I am mildly interested in the story/lore.

Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to).

I will roleplay every now & then but my main focus is raiding > collecting achievements, mounts, pets etc > Transmog > pvp > RP

Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down.

My favorite races are
Human > Night elf > Dwarf ( When roleplaying as someone from the hobbit ) > Panda ( when playing a monk ) > Orc > Tauren > BE > Undead
Be a gnome warlock, and youll be the most powerful being in all of azeroth.
Druid, death knight, warlock, Demon hunter
So, so far two people say Warlock, the class that brings fire & chaos.
bump
survival hunter. it is a difficult spec to master though. (at least for me) but it is a spec that keeps you thinking while playing. My biggest complaint with it is I find myself looking at my bars way to much. This could be remedied with weak auras, but I don't like relying on add-ons too much.
Mage or warlock for casters.

Rogue for hacking and slashing. (Outlaw is the spec least reliant on stealth if you don't like being sneaky).

Hunter for a more mobile ranged class.
My hunter is only for collecting rare beasties :P XD I may try the other three though.
Ya kinda said "I'll play anything." Being bias, i'd go with DK. You will be on the front line (good luck trying to be sneaky). You can have a pet if you want, or many more when you cast a certain spell. You can tank as blood, and if solowing as blood, you will be immortal . You can usually kill things fast enough in dps spec that death is irrelevant.

About the only drawback: you run about as slow as can be. No great loss though, everybody else deserves a chance to get in a hit or two before you come up and clean house.

Also, there is some lore tossed in with them.
DKs are only slow in combat. If you build a set of gear around sephuz's secret & Aggamars stride you can be super fast
windwalker.

Microburst. Sick ST. Exponentially sick AOE. Best mobility. Ability to Soak like a rogue.

Has a Cloak of Shadows (Diffuse magic)
& Demonic circle (that heals for 25% of your max hp over 6s).