My Trinket Cost Me An Arcturis Tame

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Title. So pissed right now. Been after Arcturis for YEARS and when I finally find him and don't have to fight someone else for him, I land, hit tame beast, and my "Caged Horror" trinket procs from TAME BEAST and kills him.

So incredibly annoying. Opening a ticket in the long shot hope that someone can check game logs and give me what was so unluckily stolen from me today by the cruel RNG gods.

I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry now.

Edit: the response to my ticket:

“Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to me this evening, I hope you're doing well. I understand that you were trying to tame Arcturis but an item you had triggered which killed them. I'm so sorry to hear about this, that's definitely not the best timing and I know spirit beasts have long and rare spawns.

In a sense, it is intended that it works this way. The proc occurs from any spell cast, and because tame beast is a spell this is a possibility. That's not to say this can't be improved though, and I'm going to be submitting feedback about this to our Development team so we can look into making changes regarding that to adjust.

As for the pet itself, i'm afraid we don't have a mean to create pets inside of your stables or spawn them in the game world. While I do know this was an accident, I'm afraid you'll need to try this again the next time he's up. A tip I used to help capture Spirit Beasts was to hop between realms (Have people from other realms invite you to a party, then you teleport to their realm) and looking for him that way.

I know this may not be the outcome you were hoping for, but I do hope you have a great day!”
That was supposed to post from my hunter. Wtf.
Gotta watch that gear when you're farming, brah.
12/13/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Sneakisneaki
Gotta watch that gear when you're farming, brah.

Well it's definitely not a mistake I'll make again. But I feel like it should be damaging ranged attacks and spells. Why tf should something like Tame Beast trigger it?
(hands OP a plate of cookies and glass of milk since my hunter has felt pain like that)
I Feel your pain. I have done the same on my hunter as well. Now I just remove those items before doing any tame.
I literally see these spirit beasts almost every time I fly by, just passed Skoll actually. Odd you've had such trouble.

But yeah, that sucks lolol.
Sounds like the glitch from the mark of the satyr proccing from vantus runes
Maaan. I was so scared when I was taming Loque on my hunter. There was another hunter right above me, but I guess afk. Right when I finished taming Loque the hunter moved. I felt bad for him/her lol prob just went to get a drink or something.

Not the same situation but omg if that had happened to me I’d quit lol.
So "tame beast" is considered a ranged spell? And by default an "attack"?
12/13/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Alaeis
I literally see these spirit beasts almost every time I fly by, just passed Skoll actually. Odd you've had such trouble.

Cross realm isn't in effect when you're flying on a flight master's gryphon. You could see every rare in existence, but as soon as you land, you get phased back into cross realms, and poof they're all gone.

What used to take maybe a week to capture a spirit beast, turned into weeks, if not months.

Thanks Blizzard for adding in CRZ, trillion dollar company cutting costs for the sake of saving money over quality.
12/13/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Pharsalus
yeah as it aggros the mob when you cast it on them.

Right? I opened a ticket. It's a long shot but worth the 5 minutes it took to fill it out.
12/13/2017 08:44 AMPosted by Dolohov
12/13/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Alaeis

Cross realm isn't in effect when you're flying on a flight master's gryphon. You could see every rare in existence, but as soon as you land, you get phased back into cross realms, and poof they're all gone.

What used to take maybe a week to capture a spirit beast, turned into weeks, if not months.

Thanks Blizzard for adding in CRZ, trillion dollar company cutting costs for the sake of saving money over quality.

Couldn't you just realm hop around until you find a realm where the rare is up?

spell doesnt mean is an attack, i remember a trinket from soo that used to proc everytime i used mount, heal my pet, fd, etc.
12/13/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Snowlîly
Maaan. I was so scared when I was taming Loque on my hunter. There was another hunter right above me, but I guess afk. Right when I finished taming Loque the hunter moved. I felt bad for him/her lol prob just went to get a drink or something.

Not the same situation but omg if that had happened to me I’d quit lol.

I got Loque back in Wrath before CRZ was a thing.
There is just some gear in this game that needs to come off for certain things. Farming old pets for hunters is a big one. I learned that long ago.

Asking the important questions. Sounds like an oversight because it just shouldn't work that way, OP shouldn't be in this situation.
12/13/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Alaeis
Couldn't you just realm hop around until you find a realm where the rare is up?
Doesn't work like that anymore. You would need to have the party leader from a different realm in w/e zone you want to hop in. And in something like Northrend, chances would be slim.

Explained it best I could, someone more articulate could probably dot more i's and cross more t's than I did. :P