My Trinket Cost Me An Arcturis Tame

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
12/13/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Trìnïty
12/13/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Zekkari
Asking the important questions. Sounds like an oversight because it just shouldn't work that way, OP shouldn't be in this situation.

From an RP perspective:, are you not attacking the beast to subdue it?

OP wouldn't be in this situation if he would have had the foresight to remove his gear before trying to tame a rare. Any hunter worth their weight already knows this.

From an RP perspective, you wouldn't kill the beast you're taming.

OP would be fine if his trinket didn't proc on an enemy they didn't want to kill. We're probably not going to agree, but Tame Beast absolutely has no reason to toggle a trinket proc. It's on par with Sap and other subduing abilities.

Also, any Hunter worth their weight? Calm down and please join us back in reality and take a break from that ivory tower.
Ouch, I've had hunter taming horror stories myself!

If it is any consolation and you REALLY want that pet, I would recommend joining the WoW Secrets Discord! The community is very helpful and I myself will check my server if a rare is up for a hunter to come tame.

Check it out yourself!

https://discord.gg/wowsecrets

I could check for you also but I'd need your Btag in case it is up.
I don't even really play my hunter nor do I have anything resembling a decent collection of hunter pets, and I still think this sucks. If I mained a hunter or collected pets, I'd be plenty ticked off.

The whole point of tame beast.. well, it's in the name! Trinket procs off that cannot possibly be intended.
Oh, man! That is such a bummer! Here's to finding him again, OP!
Just to rub a little salt in the wound, I killed it the other night on my DH for the chest piece skin. It is a pretty cool looking animal, I did ask if any hunters were around that wanted to tame it first before I did the deed.
Lol thanks guys. Ivory tower, that one made me laugh. I'll find him again, I just last week got a new laptop (bought it because I needed a new computer for work, but it's still a personal computer and I bought it myself so I bought a nice Asus ROG Strix with a GTX 1070) and as such I can spend several hours a day while I work logged in at that spot. In the past 7 work days I've probably spent 15-20 hours logged in at that spot waiting for NPCScan to sound off. So now it's just a matter of time I think.

Thanks for the support. I'll keep everyone posted if I have any success with the ticket or not.

My Btag is xcrunr1647#1930.
12/13/2017 09:33 AMPosted by Zekkari

OP wouldn't be in this situation if he would have had the foresight to remove his gear before trying to tame a rare. Any hunter worth their weight already knows this.

From an RP perspective, you wouldn't kill the beast you're taming.

You are missing the point. Let me repeat myself. Are you not attacking the animal and casting a spell on it therefore causing yourself to be in combat which would possibly trigger a proc on an equipped piece of gear? These are not neutral beasts that will allow you to walk amongst them, they are beasts that we are in combat with.
Hey OP, if you haven't already, I'd also suggest submitting your thread to the bug forum as well (change the language a bit).

This very well could be an unfortunate oversight.
12/13/2017 10:36 AMPosted by Zekkari
Hey OP, if you haven't already, I'd also suggest submitting your thread to the bug forum as well (change the language a bit).

This very well could be an unfortunate oversight.

Yeah I intend to once I get home from work. Thanks.
i feel your pain, though for me, it was finding a spirit beast iv been camping for ages on my hunter, i dismounted from flight and walked up to be in range of tame beast. i hit tame beast and my pet which didnt spawn after i dismounted from flight decided to spawn in and insta kill my spirit beast.../abandon pet

i feel your pain
they can't give you the pet or undo what you've done, don't hold your breath
12/13/2017 12:03 PMPosted by Uffe
they can't give you the pet or undo what you've done, don't hold your breath

To say that they’re absolutely unable is false. They can absolutely insert a pet into my stable.

They probably won’t, but it’s absolutely doable. They can do whatever they want because at the end of the day it’s all just lines of code.
Well on the plus side, when level scaling hits you won't one shot tames on accident...

No. Most definitely not.

My taming of "beasts" at least pre-Cata involved bagfuls of their favorite foods. BAGFULS.

I didn't need to shoot them, I did slow them, but Treats. Lots and lots of Treats.
12/13/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Caliir
To say that they’re absolutely unable is false. They can absolutely insert a pet into my stable.

They probably won’t, but it’s absolutely doable. They can do whatever they want because at the end of the day it’s all just lines of code.

Ouch. That's really rough to hear :(. My understanding of it is that tame pet is technically a spell and Caged Horror reads "ranged attacks and spells" so that leads me to believe it would proc even if you cast Tame Pet. The best action to take would be to take off the trinket when you're trying to tame pets that can be one shot by a trinket proc. There's been numerous stories of Hunters accidentally killing pets and the best advice I've seen still when taming some of the pets that have smaller health pools is to just get naked. Strip off all that gear to avoid any possible chance.

It's a good point though that it seems like a weird interaction that tame would cause a trinket to proc. I'll make sure to pass that on.
12/13/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Ythisens
12/13/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Caliir

Ouch. That's really rough to hear :(. My understanding of it is that tame pet is technically a spell and Caged Horror reads "ranged attacks and spells" so that leads me to believe it would proc even if you cast Tame Pet. The best action to take would be to take off the trinket when you're trying to tame pets that can be one shot by a trinket proc. There's been numerous stories of Hunters accidentally killing pets and the best advice I've seen still when taming some of the pets that have smaller health pools is to just get naked. Strip off all that gear to avoid any possible chance.

It's a good point though that it seems like a weird interaction that tame would cause a trinket to proc. I'll make sure to pass that on.

Thanks magical ox. It's really should be on par with Sap and not act as a hostile attack imo.
Don't use trinkets that have a damage proc when trying to tame pets. I had a similar issue when I was trying to beat mage tower I had a trinket that had an aoe effect that kept breaking my CC had to take that trinket off then I won easy.
12/13/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Ythisens
just get naked
solid advice from a magical Ox
12/13/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Zekkari
Thanks magical ox. It's really should be on par with Sap and not act as a hostile attack imo.

It has to be hostile though because it has aggression, puts you in combat, and turns the target hostile.
12/13/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Hamstar
12/13/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Zekkari

It has to be hostile though because it has aggression, puts you in combat, and turns the target hostile.

I'm just saying that it has no reason to proc a trinket of any sort.