12/13/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Ythisens
just get naked
solid advice from a magical Ox

... My face hurts.
12/13/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Nemestrïnus
just get naked
solid advice from a magical Ox

If signatures on the WoW forums were still a thing I would use this.
12/13/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Caliir
To say that they’re absolutely unable is false. They can absolutely insert a pet into my stable.

They probably won’t, but it’s absolutely doable. They can do whatever they want because at the end of the day it’s all just lines of code.

Ouch. That's really rough to hear :(. My understanding of it is that tame pet is technically a spell and Caged Horror reads "ranged attacks and spells" so that leads me to believe it would proc even if you cast Tame Pet. The best action to take would be to take off the trinket when you're trying to tame pets that can be one shot by a trinket proc. There's been numerous stories of Hunters accidentally killing pets and the best advice I've seen still when taming some of the pets that have smaller health pools is to just get naked. Strip off all that gear to avoid any possible chance.

It's a good point though that it seems like a weird interaction that tame would cause a trinket to proc. I'll make sure to pass that on.

just get naked

and that's another one to add to the "taken out of context" pile...
12/13/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Ythisens
12/13/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Nemestrïnus
...solid advice from a magical Ox

If signatures on the WoW forums were still a thing I would use this.

*dies laughing*
To say that they’re absolutely unable is false. They can absolutely insert a pet into my stable.

They probably won’t, but it’s absolutely doable. They can do whatever they want because at the end of the day it’s all just lines of code.

Ouch. That's really rough to hear :(. My understanding of it is that tame pet is technically a spell and Caged Horror reads "ranged attacks and spells" so that leads me to believe it would proc even if you cast Tame Pet. The best action to take would be to take off the trinket when you're trying to tame pets that can be one shot by a trinket proc. There's been numerous stories of Hunters accidentally killing pets and the best advice I've seen still when taming some of the pets that have smaller health pools is to just get naked. Strip off all that gear to avoid any possible chance.

It's a good point though that it seems like a weird interaction that tame would cause a trinket to proc. I'll make sure to pass that on.
Wow great answer

From a gameplay PoV you are absolutely correct.

However if you look at it through the Fantasy RPG setting, "I'm gonna tame a wild animal, time to get naked!" sounds weird and wrong lol
At the hunter lodge there's some guy taming bears and he talks of how it's a special moment between hunter and beast. It's impolite to stare.
Yeah, some of these spells need to be looked at by the devs. I've had trinkets proc off of my shaman's Ghost Wolf spell and my paladin summoning her charger.

It's a waste of a proc!
just get naked. Strip off all that gear

Giggity!
I have an alt on a very very low pop server. I've helped a couple friends tame both Loque and Arcturis since they are usually up. I'd be happy to help you tame him if you aren't able to find him again...uraniumhex#1135
12/13/2017 03:22 PMPosted by Shatterr
I have an alt on a very very low pop server. I've helped a couple friends tame both Loque and Arcturis since they are usually up. I'd be happy to help you tame him if you aren't able to find him again...uraniumhex#1135

I will take you up on that, good sir.
12/13/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Zekkari
12/13/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Pharsalus
So "tame beast" is considered a ranged spell? And by default an "attack"?

Asking the important questions. Sounds like an oversight because it just shouldn't work that way, OP shouldn't be in this situation.

It works that way. It shouldn't, but it does. I also accidentally killed a rare pet with a trinket proc on my hunter using Tame Beast. It was a few years ago, and now I make sure to take off any and all gear that has a random proc effect when I go pet hunting.

12/13/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Mortis
From a gameplay PoV you are absolutely correct.

However if you look at it through the Fantasy RPG setting, "I'm gonna tame a wild animal, time to get naked!" sounds weird and wrong lol

"You and I are gonna be best friends..."

zzzziiiiip!
Tame naked. It's the real way to do it.
If it makes you feel any better I killed that bear one time on my monk for the transmog chest. It's a nice chest.
I'm just here to post so I can find this thread to steal the "just get naked" quote for other posts, like I do with Ornyx's "no" post.

Sorry that happened, OP :(
12/13/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Pharsalus
So "tame beast" is considered a ranged spell? And by default an "attack"?

Strictly speaking, yes.
Think about it...

*sings* Truuuu-ssst in meeee...