Aquatics vs Gloamwing - Budget Team

Pet Battles
UPDATE:I have been informed, that as of the prepatch for BfA this strategy no longer works.

Here is a relatively RNG-free strategy (crits might ruin your day) to defeat this annoying pet with an aquatic team, that I haven't seen posted anywhere else yet.

Disclaimer : The following strategy uses a mechanic, that could be considered a bug (maybe similar to how flurry hits through blinds). At the very least sleeps seem to not be working in the way I expected them to before trying this out. But after failing with many other strategies (I don't own a Gulp froglet, and have only one Ghostshell crab), I am very happy to have found a way that works and even uses rather easy to get pets.

Pets used : You will need 3 striders with less* than 300 speed. Personally I used a rare H/B Dancing Water Skimmer and two uncommon Spring Striders (H/B and B/B). I had at least one crit though. If you use all rare pets, you should be fine. You will use Water jet, Healing wave and Soothe as your abilities.

*I am not sure if you really need less than 300 speed, but either I messed up my rotation sometimes after Gloamwing lost his flying racial, when I tried with faster striders, or you have to be always be slower than him for this to work.

Strategy :
The first 3 rounds are used for some set up:
Round 1: pass
Round 2: soothe
Round 3: switch to your 3rd strider (If Gloamwing gets a triple hit, you may want to start over just to be safe.)

All 3 of your pets should be still alive. From now on repeat the following steps:
Step 1: Healing wave (At the beginning of the round Gloamwing is asleep for 2 turns)
Step 2: Water Jet (This looks like it breaks the sleep ...)
Step 3: Soothe ( ... but for some reason Gloamwing was very tired and decided to keep napping this round.)
Step 4: Gloamwing swaps your strider out.
Step 5: Go to Step 1.

My attempt took 61 rounds and ended with Gloamwings defeat. Who would have thought you can keep an all aquatic team alive for this long? (Well two of my striders died towards the end, but a no time to heal win would have been too much to ask for I suppose).
OMG! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This worked! And yes, having pets slower than 300 was key. One of my striders was 305 and I couldn't get it to work. I went back to Val'Sharah and picked up a second Spring Strider that was slower than 300. Beat him on the first try. I'm going to post your strat on XuFu (giving you full credit, of course.)
You are welcome. Feel free to share the strategy.
Okay, I must be doing something wrong, but this doesn't work. Repeating the pattern means that it has Resilient and can't be put back to sleep.
I wish I saw the update before I spent so much time trying to get it working.

Is there any working strategies for this battle now? I have tried numerous strategies from wowhead and none of them seem to work anymore.
I was wondering why my gulp froglets were leaping off the shelf.
Yeah, a gulp froglet was part of the team that finally worked for me.
A slightly modified version of https://en.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=1505 found in the comments.

Uses Benax (1 2 1), Gulp Froglet (1 1 2), Chuck (1 1 2)

Turn 1 Pass - your Gulp Froglet is forced in
Turn 2 Mudslide
Turn 3 Corpse Explosion - restart if he dies before getting the spell off
Bring in Benax
Turn 1 Bubble
Turn 2 Swarm of Flies
Turn 3 Water Jet
Turn 4 Water Jet
Turn 5 Pass - your Chuck is forced in
Turn 6 Rip
Turn 7 Blood
Turn 8 Surge
I tried that, Snoop, but it is not working for me. I'm wondering if a supposed-to-be-random-crit-strike is now occurring every time. I've tried the strat many times in case there's RNG, but the damage hits to my pets is consistent every time:

Round 1: Benax gets swapped out, taking 530 dmg in the process. Gulp Froglet swapped in.

Round 2: Gloamwing casts Predatory Strike for 1192 dmg. Gulp Froglet casts Mudslide.

Round 3: Gloamwing casts Slicing Wind for 397 dmg, killing the Gulp Froglet and the fight is unwinnable.

I've tried high-health aquatics, aquatic teams with various abilities, to no avail. Makes me sad because this is the last fight I need for the achieve and pet.
The Gulp Froglet must be a H/P or H/B breed for that strat to work. Here's an alternate strat for a B/B Gulp Froglet from the wow-petguide comments:

This worked with a Balance Gulp Froglet:
Benax (1,1,1)
Gulp Froglet (1,1,2)
Ghostshell Crab (2,2,1)
1. Pass - Benax is swapped out for Ghostshell Crab
2. Spirit Spikes
3. Bubble - this is important, you must get hit twice. Restart if you get hit 1 or 3 times
4. Swap in Benax
5. Void Portal brings in Gulp Froglet
6. Mudslide
7. Corpse Explosion - Restart if you don't get this one off. This is the difficult part of having the balance Gulp Froglet. You can only handle 3 hits total.
8. Bring back Benax
9.Bubble
10. Mudslide
11. Waterjet
12. Pass
13. Ghostshell comes back in and he still has his bubble
14. Grasp
15. Bubble
16. Grasp until the fight is won

Credit to Hazelnuttygames and Joe from wow-petguide.

Either strat is very RNG dependent and you definitely need a stack of bandages and some patience.
07/28/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Kirriana
I tried that, Snoop, but it is not working for me. I'm wondering if a supposed-to-be-random-crit-strike is now occurring every time. I've tried the strat many times in case there's RNG, but the damage hits to my pets is consistent every time:

Round 1: Benax gets swapped out, taking 530 dmg in the process. Gulp Froglet swapped in.

Round 2: Gloamwing casts Predatory Strike for 1192 dmg. Gulp Froglet casts Mudslide.

Round 3: Gloamwing casts Slicing Wind for 397 dmg, killing the Gulp Froglet and the fight is unwinnable.

I've tried high-health aquatics, aquatic teams with various abilities, to no avail. Makes me sad because this is the last fight I need for the achieve and pet.

Yeah, there some real RNG with the fight. If you get critted or a pet dies early you basically need to restart. None of the other starts i was finding was working for me until i saw the fight linked.

But the fight really seems to be about getting lucky and not getting critted or killed early now after the 8.0 changes.
The strat that Neeka posted worked, but took me over 12 attempts because it is very, very RNG dependent. Thanks much for your post -- now I have the achieve and my pet and Gloamwing can languish in solitude forevermore. :)