Night elf Paladin.

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
This needs to be a thing. Paladin of most every race started out as priests. But decided to take a further step and imbue themselves with the power of the light and to fight in close combat with martial weaponry. Human did it, dwarves, High Elves/Blood Elves, Draenei. Night Elf priests are badass soldiers of elune. It's not hard for me to imagine a large junk of Kaldorei priests to want to take up a martial weapon and imbue themselves with the light of elune to become weapons of righteousness against any foe to the Kaldorei and elune.

They would also be the closest thing to traditional D&D paladins we could get. As currently no paladin gets their power from evoking a god. (Tauren don't count, they evoke the sun, which isn't a sentient deity to them). It makes sense, it fits the current established lore. And even legion I believe had several night elf priests decide to take up arms and become "paladins". These knights of elune aren't rare, special, or ones of a kind. It appears to be becoming a trend especially with ever looming threats to azeroth. I'm only surprised it took them this long.

So I humbly beseech you blizzard. Please allow night elf paladins in BFA. Thank you.

P.S. Delas Moonfang is a prime representative of not only a night elf paladin but why any night elf might want to become a paladin. She could be our prime trainer/representative of the race/class combo.
Also add Pandaren everything heck why not remove the race/class restriction let us be who we want.
12/19/2017 04:34 PMPosted by Kynrayia
(Tauren don't count, they evoke the sun, which isn't a sentient deity to them).

Elune is just the secretive leftovers of an Old God who is taking credit for a Titan Creation.
12/19/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Legionkiller
Also add Pandaren everything heck why not remove the race/class restriction let us be who we want.

Not what I said. I gave a lore reason as to why it makes sense.
Honestly, martial champions to Elune make plenty of sense given how religion and the Night Elf military weave seemlessly.
A good premise for their introduction could be that after the burning of Teldrassil some of the priestesses of the moon become Paladins to better serve their people.
would love to see Night Elf Paladins be playable... after all as of Legion there are at least 2 of them on Azeroth... so the potential for them exists... it's just a matter of time before more Night Elf Priests & Warriors convert to Paladins...
If they disregard lore and remove all race/class restrictions to every class then it's possible
Delas Moonfang already made the jump from priest to paladin, so it's not like there isn't precedent.
12/19/2017 05:14 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
A good premise for their introduction could be that after the burning of Teldrassil some of the priestesses of the moon become Paladins to better serve their people.

To seek Retribution, you might mean.

Blizz should break the collars of this race and push them as savage once again. I want fierce warriors that gives no ***** about Anduin's orders and steps the line of breaking the Alliance's laws if you mess with them.

I just hope, if it happens, that at least we can change the colors of the spells to blue. I know it's too much asking, though. But i wouldn't want something as the the Kaldorei Militia falling into Humans standard class.

Wich is why, if i could choose, i'd make Priest/ess of Elune a class.
Have wanted night elf paladins since early TBC when I previewed t4 paladin armour on my night elf hunter.

I just thought it looked perfect.

Still want them, though gotta be honest.. maybe its better they don't.. simply cus I would bankrupt myself buying race changes from lightforged to night elf on my paladin xd
12/19/2017 05:20 PMPosted by Deadchic
Delas Moonfang already made the jump from priest to paladin, so it's not like there isn't precedent.

Not just her... Nerus Moonfang made the jump from the Ghost of a Night Elf Warrior to Night Elf Paladin...
This needs to be a thing.

As a parent, I've had a lot of discussions with my kid about the difference between wants and needs. Phone your parents and let them know they didn't do very well, or admit you were an impossible case. Your choice.

: )

edit: typo
Then I want Human Shaman....or Human Druid.

My Demands are simple
it does not fit their lore at all
12/19/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Vindurza
it does not fit their lore at all

Say that to Delas Moonfang and Nerus Moonfang... they are both as of Legion, Night Elf Paladins...
I'm cool with this. That nelf pally is decent.

HOWEVER Horde should get a new pally too. For reasons. I elect Zandalari. >.>
So I humbly beseech you blizzard. Please allow night elf paladins in BFA. Thank you.

P.S. Delas Moonfang is a prime representative of not only a night elf paladin but why any night elf might want to become a paladin. She could be our prime trainer/representative of the race/class combo.

Agreed OP.

I would love to make a Paladin Of Elune, and ride to battle on my armor-clad saber tooth nightsaber battle cat!

Make it happen blizz!

12/19/2017 05:20 PMPosted by Sephiram
12/19/2017 05:14 PMPosted by Dreadmoon

To seek Retribution, you might mean.

Blizz should break the collars of this race and push them as savage once again. I want fierce warriors that gives no ***** about Anduin's orders and steps the line of breaking the Alliance's laws if you mess with them.

I just hope, if it happens, that at least we can change the colors of the spells to blue. I know it's too much asking, though. But i wouldn't want something as the the Kaldorei Militia falling into Humans standard class.

Wich is why, if i could choose, i'd make Priest/ess of Elune a class.

Now that's the type of Kaldorei I want to see again, feral and savage.
No, Delas was the most stupid thing in Legion, and that's saying a lot.

And I'm not talking about the fact that she's a NE paladin in itself either, just the entire way she was written and developed was nothing but garbage.
12/19/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Weathervane
I'm cool with this. That nelf pally is decent.

HOWEVER Horde should get a new pally too. For reasons. I elect Zandalari. >.>

The horde still has more Shamans than the Alliance has Paladins... and if the Horde gets a new Paladin, the Alliance needs a new Shaman... they are supposed to be even... although they never have been >.>