General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12
12/26/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Velaethia
12/26/2017 07:26 PMPosted by Sieln
World of Elfcraft.

Coming to a PC near you.

Your race only exists because of elves.

Yet I'm not an elf.

Not my fault the elves screwed the metaphorical and yet oh so literal pooch.
12/27/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Sieln
12/26/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Velaethia

Your race only exists because of elves.

Yet I'm not an elf.

Not my fault the elves screwed the metaphorical and yet oh so literal pooch.

Generally one does not go against Elune. Not even Goldrinn gets a pass.
12/19/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Sorvera
The War of the Ancients trilogy,

I read it. Being able to be a priest does not make you able to be a paladin. Example... you have seen MANY undead priests... how many undead paladins have you seen?
Well to be more fair: Humans, draenai, and dwarves can be pallies on the alliance side, while only tauren and us belfs can be pallies, so it's more evened out when it's 3:2 not like 4:1 with people being pallies.
They burned down our tree. I could see Night Elf priests seeking retribution... Or even an Elune martial faction being born. There is plenty of room for this to happen. Could even make it a quest driven unlock, like the completion of the quest events that lead to the burning of Teldrassil.

The more I think about it, the more I want this.
Ugh.

No.

This notion is an affront to Paladin players.
...because Paladins use the Light, and Night Elves don't.

This notion is an affront to Priest players.
...because if you could only use martial weapons you could stop being a lowly Priest and instead be a Paladin!

This notion is an affront to Druid players.
...because Elune is, for convoluted reasons, apparently the Light now. You signed up to be a Guardian of Nature, but you serve the Light after all.

This notion is an affront to Night Elf players.
...because suddenly your own Druidic & Priest of Elune heritage isn't good enough. You need to be Paladins, instead.

This notion is an affront to Tauren players.
...because Tauren can't be Paladin and still worship the Earth Mother or Mu'sha (Elune), they need to follow An'she (the Sun... but An'she is just the Light).

...and yes, I'm entirely aware that there is such a thing as a Militant Priestess order of Elune, but those aren't Paladins. Also, they are literally ONLY Priestesses. Not Priests. Of course, Druids could only be males... but none of that is in game, because game play (gender locked classes are never fun). But Night Elves weren't given a Night Elf flavoured version of Paladin to echo the Sentinels (even though once upon a time, Priests had race specific spells).

Delas Moonfang was an abomination. A massive writing/lore fail on Blizzard's part, and hopefully, going forward, this character will get lost and forgotten... or just straight up repent and return to the priesthood.
yes
I think it would be a cool way to bring a unique religion paladin into the alliance.

Or maybe since they’re buddies with Tauren some start to worship the sun and become sunwalkers.
Thing is, Priestess of Elune should be Paladins and not Priests. They are combat trained Elves.

Or have a class on their own. Priests or Paladin by themselves do not fit properly. at least not as Priestess of Elune.

But I'll welcome NE Paladins. As long as they are Elune Paladins and not based on the human faith. If they make them Human like Paladins then I hope they don't even bother.
06/29/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Rúnas
Thing is, Priestess of Elune should be Paladins and not Priests. They are combat trained Elves.

Or have a class on their own. Priests or Paladin by themselves do not fit properly. at least not as Priestess of Elune.

But I'll welcome NE Paladins. As long as they are Elune Paladins and not based on the human faith. If they make them Human like Paladins then I hope they don't even bother.
Paladins are infused with Light in their very being so Priestess of Elune are actually correct in being Priests.

A Paladin is infused with Light, every Playable Paladin follows this distinction.

We know that Humans and Dwarves had a ritual that infused their being with Light.

Then for the other races:

"The power of the Light is embedded in the draenei so deeply that all of them can call upon it through [Gift of the Naaru], regardless of class."

"sin'dorei paladins bound it to their will instead by using the divine energies of M'uru, a naaru." And "though his heart was used to revitalize the exhausted Sunwell, recreating it as a fount of both holy and arcane energies from which blood elf paladins now draw their power."

"tauren who worship An'she, the sun. Apparently, their order came to be when some of them wondered if it was possible to drain the power of light from the sun, similar to how druids and night elf priests get their power from the moon."

I would welcome NE Paladins as well but they either need their own way through Elune or to follow Delas and become it the Human/Dwarf way.

But as Priestesses of Elune aren't infused with Light then they never had "a right" to being Paladins. At least in how the game and Blizzard define so far how a Paladin is differentiated from a Priest.
It's ok and actually good for the game to have restricted race/class combos. Not every race needs to have access to every class. Let's give the race/class combos some dignity left.

So, no to NE Paladins.
06/29/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Dhumah
I would welcome NE Paladins as well but they either need their own way through Elune or to follow Delas and become it the Human/Dwarf way.

But as Priestesses of Elune aren't infused with Light then they never had "a right" to being Paladins. At least in how the game and Blizzard define so far how a Paladin is differentiated from a Priest.

This is why I said they feel more Paladin but not in the human way. I was talking about being combat trained priests who can heal and fight. Just that the Nelves could come with the Lore of drawing their power from Elune or the moon, not from a Naaru/well or being lightforged. That'd portray a Priestess of Elune better than the human based Priest class we have currently.

But Priest alone who only relies on spell without any kind of weapon experience do not fit good with Priestess of Elune. In my opinion, of course.
They definitely opened the door in legion. I'm pretty sure they did so knowing full well what they had done. I'm just surprised nothing was announced for that yet. Maybe they wait 8.1 to add a bit more options? Maybe they want the NE paladins to be slightly more unique and they need more work? They do need to make a holy nightsaber mount and all.

So either they want to make a ramp up where you see them popping up over the world like the sunwalkers did, or they simply decided to put all ressources on getting the required stuff for BFA done and will put more ressource on that for 8.1.
06/29/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Kalarm
They definitely opened the door in legion. I'm pretty sure they did so knowing full well what they had done. I'm just surprised nothing was announced for that yet. Maybe they wait 8.1 to add a bit more options? Maybe they want the NE paladins to be slightly more unique and they need more work? They do need to make a holy nightsaber mount and all.

So either they want to make a ramp up where you see them popping up over the world like the sunwalkers did, or they simply decided to put all ressources on getting the required stuff for BFA done and will put more ressource on that for 8.1.

If they come, I hope they come with moon themed colored spells.
06/29/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Rúnas
As long as they are Elune Paladins and not based on the human faith. If they make them Human like Paladins then I hope they don't even bother.
This is, to me, the core of why this should never happen.

Making them Paladins... but then NOT making them like every current Paladin in the game just detracts from what it is to be a Paladin.

Making them Paladins... and then just having them be Paladins of the Light would make the apostates from Night Elf culture. I mean, my Paladin specifically says "I am a Paladin before I am a Dwarf, and I am a Dwarf before I am Alliance." And... for a Dwarf, that's fine, because The Light is their tradition. A Night Elf can't take that stance; they just can't be a Paladin without also thumbing their nose at everything a Night Elf is.
06/29/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Dimpishly
This is, to me, the core of why this should never happen.

Making them Paladins... but then NOT making them like every current Paladin in the game just detracts from what it is to be a Paladin.

Making them Paladins... and then just having them be Paladins of the Light would make the apostates from Night Elf culture. I mean, my Paladin specifically says "I am a Paladin before I am a Dwarf, and I am a Dwarf before I am Alliance." And... for a Dwarf, that's fine, because The Light is their tradition. A Night Elf can't take that stance; they just can't be a Paladin without also thumbing their nose at everything a Night Elf is.

But this is where class homogenization kicks in. If you see, a Troll Priest is not the same as a Draenei Priest, but they fall in the same class but lorewise, they are different.

If they're going to add NE "Elune warriors", they would fall into the Paladin category.

I mean, NE Priest is already in a Human based class and that sucks.

But yes, like I said, if they are going to humanize (In the sense of becoming them more like the humans of the game) adding them as Naaru worshipper Paladins that goes away from Elune, I hope they never add NE Paladin.

Some people wouldn't care if that brings the option to play a new class as Palaidn. However, as someone who cares for the lore and the the variety of culture between races, I hope it never happens.

Imo, the NE culture is far more interesting than the humans anyway.