Hunter DPS is garbage...

General Discussion
Anyone else notice hunter dps is basically complete garbage if they aren't 945+? Every hunter ive seen including my own even with tos heroic set and around 920-930 still doing about 700k-900k when my boomy and war pull 1.2 mil+ with the same ilvl
I don't know...I regularly pull 900k - 1.1 million dps in portal boss and mythic+ runs, and my gear score is less than 940.
I have seen hunters around 900 ilvl pull more than 1mil damage. Maybe you just need to get gud.
12/21/2017 03:33 AMPosted by Cudlybear
Anyone else notice hunter dps is basically complete garbage if they aren't 945+? Every hunter ive seen including my own even with tos heroic set and around 920-930 still doing about 700k-900k when my boomy and war pull 1.2 mil+ with the same ilvl
How much are your pets pulling on top of the 700k-900k?
Hunter's DPS is not garbage at all.
Im pulling 1.5-1.7mil dps on ST boss fight and 3.7mil burst 1min dps.
iL - 950-951
Depends on how you look at it. They have the potential to be real good, but you'll be in a sticky situation if you don't have the right Legendaries. The talent ring for instance is just a straight 20% damage boost across the board for ST fights lol you see all the top parses are from those w/ boots and ring, along with lucky TF on an Arcano crystal. Such a silly system and I'm glad they're dumping it in BfA.

Youre probably messing up the rotation as well. With Marksmanship at least, its very finicky with Vulnerability and what you need to do with it.
Hunters are the weakest dps on most fights and dungeons. The tier 21 set and trinkets from antorus are mostly downgrades to tier 19/20. It makes no sense. If a hunter leaves the last tier parsing 99% and then they get all the possible upgrades and their damage only goes up 1.7% you know something is seriously wrong. Hunters weren't exactly OP in tier 20 and now they are actually garbage and deserve more. Buff the tier sets for classes that don't benefit from moving from tier 19/20 to 21.
12/21/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Bloodyshots
Depends on how you look at it. They have the potential to be real good, but you'll be in a sticky situation if you don't have the right Legendaries. The talent ring for instance is just a straight 20% damage boost across the board for ST fights lol you see all the top parses are from those w/ boots and ring, along with lucky TF on an Arcano crystal. Such a silly system and I'm glad they're dumping it in BfA.

Youre probably messing up the rotation as well. With Marksmanship at least, its very finicky with Vulnerability and what you need to do with it.

There is no legendary in the game that gives anywhere near +20% single target damage.
what can i say , it's fit perfect with log and Dev do completely nothing to fix
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17
/shrug

It gets the job done.
On a fluid rotation, I pull 700-900k at my 904 iLVL if this helps at all.
huh? I'm 928 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22421805/17#metric=dps&bracket=-1
Raiding or mythic+

Raiding they are quite good, top WF guilds each took 2-3 hunters in their first kill comps.

Mythic+ not sure but im sure they are just as good if they can put out the damage.
12/21/2017 03:56 AMPosted by Vïpêr
Hunter's DPS is not garbage at all.
Im pulling 1.5-1.7mil dps on ST boss fight and 3.7mil burst 1min dps.
iL - 950-951

Well, if you actually read what the OP said...
"hunter dps is basically complete garbage if they aren't 945+"

I still don't agree with it. But you're in the 945+ range anyways.
Is it perhaps a L2P issue...?

I see sub 945 hunters doing above average dps all the time.
I pretty consistently pull between 900k-2M dps, and have been since the early 920s ilevel range. Values vary depending on the mechanics of a given fight, but I rarely drop below that range.

Sounds like you're doing something wrong, OP.
eh, I gave up caring about DPS when bosses die.
Hmm...
I honestly don't know what my Hunters do as damage.
The bad guys die. The good guys live.
We loot everything and leave group.

Why are you so caught up in the math, instead of the fun?