Blank Slate Server

Emerald Dream
So I was going to ask this on an unknown alt but I have brought this up in my inner circle as well to outside of my circle as well. I am curious with the want to escape from the "I'm here for the wpvp, and I don't rp" mindset. Has the rp community thought about just going to the likes of Ravenholdt, Maelstrom, or any other pretty much blank slate rppvp server?

I mean some of these servers could be brought to life and since they are only being held up by the handful of people on them. Rp as a whole could explode on them.
I come from RH, it's deader then dead. Plus we are about to be only a RP server soon anyway.
But ed is home. I seen many leave for mg or wra and always come back. Still the question of will the toggle effect these pvpbros. Will we be connected with other rp-pvp realms or just a realm of our own?
01/06/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Scrotie
But ed is home. I seen many leave for mg or wra and always come back. Still the question of will the toggle effect these pvpbros. Will we be connected with other rp-pvp realms or just a realm of our own?

The last answer was that each rp server will be quarantined.

01/06/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Zhii
I come from RH, it's deader then dead. Plus we are about to be only a RP server soon anyway.

And if they dont do the the toggle we will still be the server billed as the new improved "Fit for fite." Also it wouldnt be dead if the rp community moved there.
This isnt one of those lets move to a populated server statements. This is lets go take over another rppvp server and make it ours statement. So if the toggle happens we will have our rp and pvp with out the mess of "I'm just here to wrek erp nerds."
01/06/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Waylen
So I was going to ask this on an unknown alt but I have brought this up in my inner circle as well to outside of my circle as well. I am curious with the want to escape from the "I'm here for the wpvp, and I don't rp" mindset. Has the rp community thought about just going to the likes of Ravenholdt, Maelstrom, or any other pretty much blank slate rppvp server?

I mean some of these servers could be brought to life and since they are only being held up by the handful of people on them. Rp as a whole could explode on them.

Blank slate server? Pardon the F me?
So...rpers should abandon their home because the people that do not belong on the server are here...i’d always rather fight then giveup like all those traitors who left to WRA and Moon Guard last xpac.

Rp can explode here too, and does...not sure what moving realms would really accomplish
01/06/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Peeks
01/06/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Waylen

Blank slate server? Pardon the F me?

Not in the sense your taking it, Peeks. I was around on ravenholdt when it was huge I miss it. This is more of why dont we move our rp to a lower pop rppvp server. Without calling everything dead cuz its not.
No real reason to move when we can just work on what we aren't already doing here.

Emerald Dream has been great for so long due to the work put into it. By moving, you are basically saying, "Appreciate your work, but, time to redo it all over there."

As someone who moved to Blackrock in WoD to try to rebuild the population and community of that server and saw some success, I can say that rebuilding and starting up communities on a dead / empty server is not simple and takes lots of time/work/commitment that most of Emerald Dream's RP players do not / will not put in, otherwise, they would've already did so on this server to make it better.

Most of Emerald Dream complains more than they actually bother trying to do things to better it, and it is truely disappointing. Aglaica deserves props for hosting meet & greets, Redwood Tribe deserves props for leading the RP scene on Horde-side, Kingdom of Northgarde, Warbringer, among others, deserve props for leading the Alliance RP-PvP scene.

Those people are putting in work here though. They won't want to have to redo everything they've built up here, over there. A lot of the RP guilds that are here now.. came from those servers for a reason.
01/06/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Valibas
So...rpers should abandon their home because the people that do not belong on the server are here...i’d always rather fight then giveup like all those traitors who left to WRA and Moon Guard last xpac.

Rp can explode here too, and does...not sure what moving realms would really accomplish

Im looking at this objectively over subjectively. Subjectively yeah I would love to see and uprising of epic proportions and watch the rp community suddenly camp/report and actively work to the remove the disrespectful few who continually taint the punch.

Objectively though that's like fighting roaches by laying out a candy bar and stomping them as they come out. Yeah it works buts it only promotes more roaches.

He does deserve mad props though, Aglaica is good people.
Coming from Moonguard, i really miss all the open world RP that made MG feel "alive" but our community has a really distinct personality that i haven't found on any other server. I wasn't here for MoP but the rivalries, friends, and enemies i've made are really what keeps me playing.

Like i said, it would be nice to see Stormwind teeming with people out in the open RP'ng 24/7 but theres is something intangible that makes ED home.

I admire you pioneer spirit though bro
I dont think a change in servers will do anything for me. I'd rather not spend any money just to run into the same problems again and again.
One of the big issues with Emerald Dream is the fact that everyone has ideas but they aren't really willing to put them to work.

I see people asking for more walk-up RP but then don't even come over to the Blue Recluse to RP. They go sit on the ramp and pretend they are waiting on people to show up. I for one can happily say that I am happy with the RP situation I am in, everyday I have enjoyed some form of walk-up RP in Stormwind City, not just limited to Blue Recluse either.

There are more spectator RPers on Emerald Dream than actual RPers anymore. People watch instead of participate and its a real disappointment.
01/06/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Vurìan
There are more spectator RPers on Emerald Dream than actual RPers anymore. People watch instead of participate and its a real disappointment.

To be fair, I'm definitely one of those spectator RPers, though i try to get involved when I can. Spectating is a good way to learn.
01/06/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Jimmirus
Like i said, it would be nice to see Stormwind teeming with people out in the open RP'ng 24/7

(( That use to happen daily. Role players killed that. Yes, on ED, role players are their own worst enemy. ))

(( Have you completed the entry form for Hazel's date auction?))
I've literally attempted walk up RP for hours near the blue recluse. Demitasse was the only one who ever really bit the hook.
(( That use to happen daily. Role players killed that. Yes, on ED, role players are their own worst enemy. ))

((As much as I hate to agree with this, it's true in regards to how 90% of the time if people ask for RP, or the hub, it's met with how ED is typically more guild-centric than the other servers. Additionally, some will blame the zerg PVP guilds.

Maybe it'll change in BfA if people return to the server who left, and when others can't blame PVP guilds for their woes, but who knows.))
but then don't even come over to the Blue Recluse

I mean... !@#$ the blue recluse seriously. I would say people never go to where guilds hang out in the world. Now in part I understand world defense being down has hampered this. But that's really just an excuse. If guilds actually spent time at bases, travelers would pass through. People would come. Alas, what was said above is too true... The enemy within.
I have been here since WotLK, I ain't leavin'.

*brandishes cane angrily*
While it’s true Rp’ers are by and large their own worst enemy, a lot can be said about all of the dumb people who come through.

I do believe however, that the gm’s of major RP guilds have let us down and allowed this negative turn in open world RP to spiral into what its become now.