Help with solo bg queuing as Arms

Warrior
12/21/2017 10:58 PMPosted by Ramserran
Thank you for the responses!

Compared to :

DK, DH, WW monks, Rogues - Warriors output is laughable.

Been playing warrior since Vanilla, I use to solo reck bgs all day. Playing warrior is not fun tbh and more likely to lose. =\

maybe it is different at max level, however my warrior is 105 and i find in bgs it is tough not to top damage as arms.
do what i did and re roll a rogue. you will be happier.
TBH, Go fury then and learn the rotation, and play with your survival skills with fury and you will out dps pretty much all other classes in BGs. Ill play as fury and 85% of the time on in the top 4 of the battle grounds. look up some videos on YouTube. i really dont care what people say fury warriors destroy in pvp, but if they arent used right it will leave you open for destroyed your self. just my 2 cents.
01/16/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Tymaster
TBH, Go fury then and learn the rotation, and play with your survival skills with fury and you will out dps pretty much all other classes in BGs. Ill play as fury and 85% of the time on in the top 4 of the battle grounds. look up some videos on YouTube. i really dont care what people say fury warriors destroy in pvp, but if they arent used right it will leave you open for destroyed your self. just my 2 cents.

THIS

To get comparable damage I find I would have to go fury. Ridiculous the damage I've seen from fury warriors.
Get rid of ravenger use opportunity strikes.
01/18/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Pandorex
Get rid of ravenger use opportunity strikes.

I've done a lot better in damage using Ravager than opportunity strikes. Solo Arms bgs don't have enough survivability to last long enough to get the benefits of opportunity stikes.
Opportunity strikes is a damn good talent. Test it. Anyways, I am somewhat new to game (6 months ) but have found arms to be the best spec all around I'm. I was searching for the highest burst melee for a while but then realized they die so fast and end up making me rage quit cause I'm not good enough to stay alive with a squishy spec such as feral or enh. I found arms and never looked back. Yes the burst is somewhat lacking, but it is there. However what makes arms shine is it's all around style of melee. I have a couple great def CDs, an aoe fear, an aoe stun or st stun if talented, a def stance reducing all dmg -20%, 2 charges w built in interupts, a leap w spd boost , a st interrupt and the best for last execute! You can even honor talent into making execute auto charge or proc at 25 instead of 20% hp. We have mortal strike which is absolutely amazing. Victory rush, overpower (talent) which I use since it cannot be blocked,dodged, or parried and almost always crits and procs . I mean if you take all of that and a few others I left out into consideration . Arms is about as good as it gets imo. If I die in a rbg it's either because I was stupid enough to get caught up w a hunter or rogue solo ( but have beaten them many times) or it's because I wasn't paying attention to enemies CDs or my own. I don't always top DPS charts but you can bet your !@# I will always have the most kills lol. Just keep practicing and que a bunch or casual arenas for practice . That'll hone your skills better than anything . You will.probably die alot at first but each fight you will learn something new. Also I've found it ( and w any spec ) best if I layout my keybinds just so to where I never leave a general position w my left hand..And use your mouse to move...Even if it feels completely awkward, stick to it . You won't get far otherwise I shouldn't think. Add-ons such as weakauras and recount have helped me understand​ what abilities are up or not and which are my most damaging . Good.luck and just keep practicing , you are playing one of the best specs in the game!
How is this possible? I wreck face in bgs and I am not particularly good.
Forewarning: wall of text, but if you read it all it just may help, I hope. For my fellow warriors:

I used to be in your shoes. No lie, I !@#$%ed all the time about how ^-*!ty it was solo Qing as a warr. However I learned and adapted to Legion PvP.

Best advice I can give for PvP in general, for ALL classes, is anticipate what your opponent is going to do next, and be unpredictable yourself. As a warrior I've learned that I can effectively dump massive pressure on my opponents in the matter of a few globals.
Keep an eye out on keys to the fight...I.E. when they trinket, when they use cooldowns, etc. 9/10 times they'll trinket your storm bolt or shockwave because they expect your burst or very high damage...trust me, you don't ever really wanna sit a full stun vs a warrior. If it's something else like a rogue or a druid, fear them to see if they trinket. If they do, stun them and waylay them, or even wait for them to use evasion and then stun them (they can't dodge when stunned). Another good strat is to CC them so they CAN'T use defensives. For example, of you get a rogue to around 50% without stunning them, you can easily just stun and global them before they even use anything. Make sure you approach every fight somewhat differently as well, because every fight is different. Know your rotation. Know your burst. Know that CS both increases your crit chance and damage of your next MS, as well as Warbreaker increasing damage of your next MS. Keep CS up on your target. If you use Rend, keep that up on your target. Make sure you Slam spam when nothing is up. As someone said before, make sure your uptime is maximized on your target, or even any target in team fights. If you're waddling toward someone with no gap closers when there's a DK on you, you're missing out on damage. Hit the DK while moving to your primary target. Sharpen blade is also a very VERY important part of warrior PvP that I don't think many understand. Matter of fact, I don't macro it in with my burst, I time it separately. Here's why: say you're hitting an ele shaman. You stun him and pop your burst. In your burst you use sharpen blade. So now he has sharpen blade on him while he's stunned. He can't heal when he's stunned anyway. I find it more useful to stun, burst, and then sharpen after they are no longer CC'd. Same with healers. There's many variations to that situation...stunning a healer while you kill a dps, then sharpen the dps after the healer is out of the stun, etcetc.
Now that you know how to do damage, look at your defensives. Warriors actually have pretty effective defensives. Disarm is crazy good against melee and hunters. And it even helps against casters, believe it or not. They can still cast, but do less damage. Know whether you'll need to fear offensively or defensively in a fight. DBTS is very good against melee and even casters as well. Defensive stance is good when you're being focused, or in a 1v1 when your opponent bursts. DO NOT GET CAUGHT IN A CC OUTSIDE OF DEFENSIVE STANCE!!!!! Commanding shout isn't a crazy defensive but can be the difference between life and death sometimes, even for your teammates (I've saved countless teammates with commanding shout). Since you're a warrior and have no real good mobility, you'll have to watch for your opponent's burst and usually will have to react with a defensive CD yourself. Stun, fear, etc can all be used defensively as well. Spell reflect is important vs casters. Make sure you reflect the right stuff though. Don't reflect something stupid like a scorch. And don't waste heroic leap. Make it count because you typically only get to use it once in a fight.

Keep an eye out for vulnerable targets too. Like if you see a pally bubbled and running around like a tard, turn around and beat his @#$ when bubble is off because well, he can't bubble. Stay positioned well too, don't overextend and know what teammates you have around you. AND PEEL FOR YOUR HEALERS!!!

If all this fails, just spec fury. Fury seems to be better for solo PvP unless you're really on your %^-* as arms. Hope this helps. Don't give up, warriors are still very strong in PvP and it's nearing the end of the expansion, which historically has been our time. Warriors are typically bad in pvp in the start of xpacs, but stupid good at the end.
i do ridiculous amounts of damage i can mow even most healers down except holy pallys but staying alive is another story i die a lot to
meant to post above on my warrior not my warlock oops
01/25/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Thedîesel
Forewarning: wall of text, but if you read it all it just may help, I hope. For my fellow warriors:

I used to be in your shoes. No lie, I !@#$%ed all the time about how ^-*!ty it was solo Qing as a warr. However I learned and adapted to Legion PvP.

Best advice I can give for PvP in general, for ALL classes, is anticipate what your opponent is going to do next, and be unpredictable yourself. As a warrior I've learned that I can effectively dump massive pressure on my opponents in the matter of a few globals.
Keep an eye out on keys to the fight...I.E. when they trinket, when they use cooldowns, etc. 9/10 times they'll trinket your storm bolt or shockwave because they expect your burst or very high damage...trust me, you don't ever really wanna sit a full stun vs a warrior. If it's something else like a rogue or a druid, fear them to see if they trinket. If they do, stun them and waylay them, or even wait for them to use evasion and then stun them (they can't dodge when stunned). Another good strat is to CC them so they CAN'T use defensives. For example, of you get a rogue to around 50% without stunning them, you can easily just stun and global them before they even use anything. Make sure you approach every fight somewhat differently as well, because every fight is different. Know your rotation. Know your burst. Know that CS both increases your crit chance and damage of your next MS, as well as Warbreaker increasing damage of your next MS. Keep CS up on your target. If you use Rend, keep that up on your target. Make sure you Slam spam when nothing is up. As someone said before, make sure your uptime is maximized on your target, or even any target in team fights. If you're waddling toward someone with no gap closers when there's a DK on you, you're missing out on damage. Hit the DK while moving to your primary target. Sharpen blade is also a very VERY important part of warrior PvP that I don't think many understand. Matter of fact, I don't macro it in with my burst, I time it separately. Here's why: say you're hitting an ele shaman. You stun him and pop your burst. In your burst you use sharpen blade. So now he has sharpen blade on him while he's stunned. He can't heal when he's stunned anyway. I find it more useful to stun, burst, and then sharpen after they are no longer CC'd. Same with healers. There's many variations to that situation...stunning a healer while you kill a dps, then sharpen the dps after the healer is out of the stun, etcetc.
Now that you know how to do damage, look at your defensives. Warriors actually have pretty effective defensives. Disarm is crazy good against melee and hunters. And it even helps against casters, believe it or not. They can still cast, but do less damage. Know whether you'll need to fear offensively or defensively in a fight. DBTS is very good against melee and even casters as well. Defensive stance is good when you're being focused, or in a 1v1 when your opponent bursts. DO NOT GET CAUGHT IN A CC OUTSIDE OF DEFENSIVE STANCE!!!!! Commanding shout isn't a crazy defensive but can be the difference between life and death sometimes, even for your teammates (I've saved countless teammates with commanding shout). Since you're a warrior and have no real good mobility, you'll have to watch for your opponent's burst and usually will have to react with a defensive CD yourself. Stun, fear, etc can all be used defensively as well. Spell reflect is important vs casters. Make sure you reflect the right stuff though. Don't reflect something stupid like a scorch. And don't waste heroic leap. Make it count because you typically only get to use it once in a fight.

Keep an eye out for vulnerable targets too. Like if you see a pally bubbled and running around like a tard, turn around and beat his @#$ when bubble is off because well, he can't bubble. Stay positioned well too, don't overextend and know what teammates you have around you. AND PEEL FOR YOUR HEALERS!!!

If all this fails, just spec fury. Fury seems to be better for solo PvP unless you're really on your %^-* as arms. Hope this helps. Don't give up, warriors are still very strong in PvP and it's nearing the end of the expansion, which historically has been our time. Warriors are typically bad in pvp in the start of xpacs, but stupid good at the end.

So I've familiar with what you have mentioned (all of it in fact) - Fury is superior to Arms for solo bging. Arms is no where nearly as effective compared to the other top melee classes. I've switched over to Fury and have had better results in terms of overall performance, games won and enjoyment.
01/22/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Vajra
Opportunity strikes is a damn good talent. Test it. Anyways, I am somewhat new to game (6 months ) but have found arms to be the best spec all around I'm. I was searching for the highest burst melee for a while but then realized they die so fast and end up making me rage quit cause I'm not good enough to stay alive with a squishy spec such as feral or enh. I found arms and never looked back. Yes the burst is somewhat lacking, but it is there. However what makes arms shine is it's all around style of melee. I have a couple great def CDs, an aoe fear, an aoe stun or st stun if talented, a def stance reducing all dmg -20%, 2 charges w built in interupts, a leap w spd boost , a st interrupt and the best for last execute! You can even honor talent into making execute auto charge or proc at 25 instead of 20% hp. We have mortal strike which is absolutely amazing. Victory rush, overpower (talent) which I use since it cannot be blocked,dodged, or parried and almost always crits and procs . I mean if you take all of that and a few others I left out into consideration . Arms is about as good as it gets imo. If I die in a rbg it's either because I was stupid enough to get caught up w a hunter or rogue solo ( but have beaten them many times) or it's because I wasn't paying attention to enemies CDs or my own. I don't always top DPS charts but you can bet your !@# I will always have the most kills lol. Just keep practicing and que a bunch or casual arenas for practice . That'll hone your skills better than anything . You will.probably die alot at first but each fight you will learn something new. Also I've found it ( and w any spec ) best if I layout my keybinds just so to where I never leave a general position w my left hand..And use your mouse to move...Even if it feels completely awkward, stick to it . You won't get far otherwise I shouldn't think. Add-ons such as weakauras and recount have helped me understand​ what abilities are up or not and which are my most damaging . Good.luck and just keep practicing , you are playing one of the best specs in the game!

I have been playing my warrior since vanilla and you're right about practicing.
(you definitely get better with practice)

I just think that compared to the other melee classes, Arms solo bg is not effective enough to help win games. KBs are nice, I usually top that but overall as Arms it seems lacking.
I wish I could see how you guys play! I would definitely have some better insight on how I can improve. :)