Demonic: Sync Meta with Nemesis?

Demon Hunter
With the Chaos Blades build, we mostly held off on popping the big meta CD until chaos blades/nemesis was ready.

Is that also the case when running nemesis with demonic? Should I hold off until nemesis is up or pop meta as soon as it's ready?
I'm assuming no one has responded since no one is entirely sure. Currently my meta is still a 3.5min cd when I'm not using DoG, clearly that wont line up with nemesis at all. I find that if I wait on either I end up getting a significant downtime on both CDs, leading to a rather substantial DPS loss.

With demonic, I find that you don't really need to have them line up since they hardly ever will at this point, unless you use DoG. We're in meta enough as is with the current build, so I would say to use nemesis and meta whenever they come up.
I have DoG so i try to sync up my 2 mega metas per fight with nemesis and my pots

pre-pot->nem->eyebeam->meta after 8 sec->eyebeam->eyebeam when meta ends.

Each eyebeam gives 8 seconds of meta, and you're using 3 (one before, one during, and one after), so that's 24 additional seconds of meta.

Adding that to th 30 seconds of the cooldown, that's 54 seconds and it takes up nearly the entirety of nemesis AND your pre-pot/post-pot.

Basically you're doing a crapload of damage for about 2 spread out minutes per fight
12/26/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Averax
I have DoG so i try to sync up my 2 mega metas per fight with nemesis and my pots

Each eyebeam gives 8 seconds of meta, and you're using 3 (one before, one during, and one after), so that's 24 additional seconds of meta.

Adding that to th 30 seconds of the cooldown, that's 54 seconds and it takes up nearly the entirety of nemesis AND your pre-pot/post-pot.

Basically you're doing a crapload of damage for about 2 spread out minutes per fight

This if you use DoG, nem on cd if you dont.
12/26/2017 11:28 AMPosted by Sisterjrad

This if you use DoG, nem on cd if you dont.

I am not a dh expert by any means but I find this true. I don;t have DoG and I find I use Nem on pull like Averax said. Get the 54 seconds of meta. Then when Nem comes back up I make sure I have fury of the illidari up as well and use it on my next eyebeam 8 sec meta.
You want Nemesis at the start of your big fights: if you’re in a dungeon and killing mobs, you can pop Nemesis on bigger adds as long as it still syncs with Meta for the start of a boss battle.

During boss battles and without DOG, the situation is fluid. Is their HP low enough that you should pop it because you won’t get another Meta in? Is it a damage burn and you need it right away? The answers to those questions are situational.
What is DoG ??
12/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Creamy
What is DoG ??

Delusions of Grandeur.
12/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Creamy
What is DoG ??

Delusions of Grandeur legendary, http://www.wowhead.com/item=144279/delusions-of-grandeur
Wouldn't Raddon's outperform DoG with 2 set and demonic build?
12/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Xaterian
You want Nemesis at the start of your big fights: if you’re in a dungeon and killing mobs, you can pop Nemesis on bigger adds as long as it still syncs with Meta for the start of a boss battle.

Wouldn't you be better off using nemesis in dungeons on adds that die quickly so you get the buff that adds damage for the remaining minute on yourself giving you extra cleave damage?

If you put nem on a high hp mob then it only buffs single target against that specific mob. If you put nem on the lesser enemy beside the high hp mob and it dies within 3 sec, you get nem buff on yourself for 57 seconds. Then, your cleave damage goes up by 25%.

Correct me if I am wrong as this was meant to be a question in the form of a statement.
12/29/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Xjd
12/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Xaterian

Wouldn't you be better off using nemesis in dungeons on adds that die quickly so you get the buff that adds damage for the remaining minute on yourself giving you extra cleave damage?

If you put nem on a high hp mob then it only buffs single target against that specific mob. If you put nem on the lesser enemy beside the high hp mob and it dies within 3 sec, you get nem buff on yourself for 57 seconds. Then, your cleave damage goes up by 25%.

Correct me if I am wrong as this was meant to be a question in the form of a statement.

Yes in m+ nem usage is as you described, provided the mob type you put it on is abundant for the next min. Buffing your cleave will always be better. Another way to do this if the mobs are all the same is just throw nem out on the last mob of a pack at low health and have the buff for the next pack of mobs.

You still want to try to have it up for the bosses though if possible.

[/quote]

You can actually eyebeam then IMMEDIATELY meta (adds to eyebeam) then eyebeam again and it'll add another 8s to meta (so 16s from eyebeam + meta duration).

It ONLY works once before and ONCE after meta though. Afterwards, you'll have to wait til meta expires before you eyebeam again.
12/29/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Ginjuice

[/quote]

You can actually eyebeam then IMMEDIATELY meta (adds to eyebeam) then eyebeam again and it'll add another 8s to meta (so 16s from eyebeam + meta duration).

It ONLY works once before and ONCE after meta though. Afterwards, you'll have to wait til meta expires before you eyebeam again.

The reason he is waiting is for the tier 21 4 piece so you dont waste/clip the haste buff.
12/29/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Ginjuice

It ONLY works once before and ONCE after meta though. Afterwards, you'll have to wait til meta expires before you eyebeam again.[/quote]

Seems like you are wasting a global during meta though. Feels like forever to place the location marker on the ground and then go through the entire animation of landing 2 inches from previous location. Just seems like a wasted chaos strike. Sometimes if I get lucky with demonic appetite procs and crits, I spam chaos strike the entire time during eye beam meta.
If the boss is up for enough time for 2 Metas I hold off on the 2nd meta until the 3rd nemesis is up.
12/29/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Xjd

Seems like you are wasting a global during meta though. Feels like forever to place the location marker on the ground and then go through the entire animation of landing 2 inches from previous location. Just seems like a wasted chaos strike. Sometimes if I get lucky with demonic appetite procs and crits, I spam chaos strike the entire time during eye beam meta.

Use a macro.

#showtooltip
/cast [@player] Metamorphosis

Then you don't need to aim it.

If you want to aim it, something like:

/cast [nomod,@player] Metamorphosis; Metamorphosis