balance hot fix: buff or nerf?

Druid
anyone else see the hot fixes? increase to SW and LS, but decrease in wax and wane. any thoughts as to if this is a buff, nerf, or a meh...
Its a nerf to the moonfire spam caused by the shoulders.
Not a single problem with the Ability for over a year.

Shoulders introduced that cause issue....

Nerf Ability....
That part was obvious, but in the grand scheme of things is this a dps nerf to non MF spam rotation.
It wasn’t particularly the shoulder that where the problem, it was the introduction of the tier set with the use of the shoulders, then the empowerment of SF, it made it a pure dps gain to just sit there and spam MF. Our twice needed to be redesigned, not the ability
In PvP it's a pretty big nerf. PvE seems to be a push.
Overall, it is a big nerf to our AOE.

Boomkin remained competitive on stacked AOE fights, such as Command, because of the memefire build, which involves Moonfire spam. A build which people predicted would happen when the Wax and Wane talent was introduced. Quite a few people, myself included, brought these concerns up during PTR, but it was released unchanged without a blue post.

They gave us a minuscule ST buff to "compensate". Meanwhile Affliction Locks are still gods, as they have been for most of the xpac.

So overall pretty standard Blizzard balancing.
I was wondering if the ST buff really even off set the amount of WnW nerf they did, it was pretty damn significant.
It's not a huge nerf to AoE. It's like 2%, and we're still amazing for any kind of AoE compared to the majority of other classes. We're just going to be playing lady/OI or sota/radiant with stellar flare for 2-3 targets.

Now whether that AoE damage is really useful for anything difficult is another question (coven?). Meanwhile all warlock specs, all mage specs, shadow priests and even BM hunters are beating us in single target and priority damage. Why bring a boomkin? I've mained Balance all expansion but this was the first tier I've actually switched to a different class for progression.

01/10/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Passtheflux
That part was obvious, but in the grand scheme of things is this a dps nerf to non MF spam rotation.

No, it hasn't affected the regular AoE rotation, or the newly popular stellar flare build in a meaningful way, but it has made spamming moonfire pointless.

I think it did have an effect on single target build with Stellar Drift, offsetting some of the gain from the SW/LS buff. So it really just feels like they were trying to break moonfire spam without changing much of anything else.

On a side note, I've noticed Dreamcatcher/OI jump up quite a bit in my sim, to about 20k less than OI/IFE.... so if you enjoy working twice as hard for the same damage I guess it's a buff...
01/10/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Canapa
It's like 2%, and we're still amazing for any kind of AoE compared to the majority of other classes.

I went Kitty and just Brutal Slashed all the things instead. Pretty much the same as MF spam -- except you look like a cool cat. I mean who doesn't want to look like a cool cat?
It is tragic IMO that even with that slight nerf they did not see fit to raise out ST some more, I do struggle to keep up with most pure caster dps... well lets just say most dps classes these days on ST.