Holiday Libations

Emerald Dream
12/26/2017 07:32 PMPosted by Iszalah
My version (if you could even call it that) of the St.-Germain Cocktail

2 parts brut Champagne
1.5 parts St.-Germain
2 parts Gerolsteiner

This drink is delicious and I like to pretend the Gerolsteiner wards off a hangover. xD

That sounds interesting! Does it turn out minerally? Would Pelligrino have the same effect?

Here's a good St Germain one called the Cesar Ritz, after an early 20th century Swiss Hotelier.

Muddled quartered cucumber slice and 5 good size mint leaves.

1oz Lime Juice
1oz St Germain
2oz Hendricks Gin

Shake and double strain thru tea strainer into cocktail glass; garnish with cucumber slice and mint leaf.

Sometimes I feel like Hendricks is too matchey-matchy because of the cucumber in the tincture so Ill sub it with something like Beefeater or Tanq because I'm a juniper head.
i had some 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen
12/27/2017 06:35 AMPosted by Nexius

Two scientists walk into a bar.

"I’ll have an H2O."

"I’ll have an H2O, too."

The bartender gives them both water because he is able to distinguish the boundary tones that dictate the grammatical function of homonyms in coda position as well as pragmatic context.
Rumple Minze is what I prefer to drink when I drink. I'm not a very creative person.
12/27/2017 06:50 AMPosted by Landrêth
12/27/2017 06:35 AMPosted by Nexius

Two scientists walk into a bar.

"I’ll have an H2O."

"I’ll have an H2O, too."

The bartender gives them both water because he is able to distinguish the boundary tones that dictate the grammatical function of homonyms in coda position as well as pragmatic context.

nerd
12/27/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Agrar
Rumple Minze is what I prefer to drink when I drink. I'm not a very creative person.

Rumple Minze and Cocoa is definitely fuel for shoveling sidewalks!

This is a creative way to make Fernet Branca accessable...

Savoy Corpse Reviver

1oz Cognac (I like Remy 1738)
1oz Fernet Branca
1oz Rumple Minze (or any Peppermint Schnapps really

Stir, stain into chilled coupe, garnish with mint leaf
... or drink it straight out of the bottle, walk about 8 blocks in a circle and back, get sprayed with a hose, punch a dent into your neighbor's mini-van, and then pull a knife on your bestie when he tries to restrain you.

You don't even have to Google anything that way. I don't even know what a Ferret Bianca is.
12/27/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Agrar
I don't even know what a Ferret Bianca is.

You goober. It's a White Weasel. The fastest sports car south-southeast of Croatia.
12/27/2017 01:11 AMPosted by Katana
12/26/2017 07:32 PMPosted by Iszalah
My version (if you could even call it that) of the St.-Germain Cocktail

2 parts brut Champagne
1.5 parts St.-Germain
2 parts Gerolsteiner

This drink is delicious and I like to pretend the Gerolsteiner wards off a hangover. xD

That sounds interesting! Does it turn out minerally? Would Pelligrino have the same effect?

Here's a good St Germain one called the Cesar Ritz, after an early 20th century Swiss Hotelier.

1oz Lime Juice
1oz St Germain
2oz Hendricks Gin

Shake and double strain thru tea strainer into cocktail glass; garnish with cucumber slice and mint leaf.

Sometimes I feel like Hendricks is too matchey-matchy because of the cucumber in the tincture so Ill sub it with something like Beefeater or Tanq because I'm a juniper head.

While Gerolsteiner is "aggressively carbonated" in terms of sparkling water, I don't find it mineral-y in taste. Due to its intense carbonation you could probably get away with using a less dry Champagne in an elixir of this sort. My guess is that Pellegrino would yield a similar taste/result (just fewer minerals).

I suppose it's actually more of a summertime drink than one appropriate for the holidays...oh well haha.

Whatever the case, Cesar Ritz sounds interesting! I've had a gin and St. Germain combination I really enjoyed (with Lillet Blanc, grapefruit juice and lemon bitters); cucumber, lime, and mint definitely has my curiosity piqued!
12/27/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Iszalah
12/27/2017 01:11 AMPosted by Katana

1oz Lime Juice
1oz St Germain
2oz Hendricks Gin

While Gerolsteiner is "aggressively carbonated" in terms of sparkling water, I don't find it mineral-y in taste. Due to its intense carbonation you could probably get away with using a less dry Champagne in an elixir of this sort. My guess is that Pellegrino would yield a similar taste/result (just fewer minerals).

I suppose it's actually more of a summertime drink than one appropriate for the holidays...oh well haha.

Whatever the case, Cesar Ritz sounds interesting! I've had a gin and St. Germain combination I really enjoyed (with Lillet Blanc, grapefruit juice and lemon bitters); cucumber, lime, and mint definitely has my curiosity piqued!

I'm going to try that last one but prolly one version with just St Germain and one version Lillet Blanc...man thank you! That sounds good...I like lemon bittered perfect/dry Rob Roy's/Manhattans a lot for my own consumption hehe
bumping because drinking is mah thing...and I want to keep track of this AWESOME THREAD...sorry, it's the alcohol talking...er, whispering.

Yeah, whispering...in soft, smooth, seductive taste of "try this"....oh yeah, this thread rocks!
12/28/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Loknal
bumping because drinking is mah thing...and I want to keep track of this AWESOME THREAD...sorry, it's the alcohol talking...er, whispering.

Yeah, whispering...in soft, smooth, seductive taste of "try this"....oh yeah, this thread rocks!

I make this one a lot to provide an astringent/bitter alternative to whisky pairs with cigars...It's the namesake of a British Officer's Club in Burma in kind of the British Raj era.

Picture yourself sipping on of these wearing a Pith Helmet while watching the sunset behind Un'Goro Crater next to your cooking fire after a hard day of raptor fighting:

Pegu Club

2 dash Orange Bitters
2 dash Ango
3/4oz Lime Juice
3/4oz Benedictine
2 oz Beefeater (or whatever gin)

Shake/strain, cocktail glass, grapefruit or lime peel

I'm glad I joined the Alliance where there is a proper King, you Huns.
12/28/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Katana
I'm glad I joined the Alliance where there is a proper King, you Huns.

Come to the Horde, and find out what real fun (read: Drinkers) is like...BWAAAHHAHA!!!

PS edit: Besides, the Alliance is unworthy of you and your talents...and we have much more interesting mixers.
Gin and powerade zero. I personally prefer the blue kind, but I assume the other colors are equally viable options.
12/29/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Jayvz
Gin and powerade zero. I personally prefer the blue kind, but I assume the other colors are equally viable options.

You are correct sir! This drink is scientifically formulated for your drinking pleasure and in my circle has always been called

The Faderade

1 quart Gatorade (preferably blue)
3 oz Beefeater Gin (the most drinkable cheap gin imo)

Take a drink out of the Gatorade and add gin.