Warlocks

Classic Discussion
Thought I would do a copy cat of the hunter thread.

My time as a Warlock in Vanilla was great. In Vanilla I felt that there was a real sense of connection to your class.

I love using soul shards...

I love having to defeat demons before using them in class quests...

I love the thrill and risk of enslaving demons that could at any time turn on you, and them being unique and powerful...

I love being much more desirable to groups since we are able to summon people to use from anywhere...

I love actually needing to use life tap to get mana, and it being a serious give and take, risk vs reward...

I love there being at least a bit more viability to the different demons to use in various situations in PvP even if only situational for some...

Among a few others.

What are my fellow warlocks looking forward to the most about playing Warlock?
I loved the quests to unlock the different demons, made the connection to them so much deeper and the lore was so good.
12/25/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Lorelí
I loved the quests to unlock the different demons, made the connection to them so much deeper and the lore was so good.

Yea exactly, I remember doing the succubus quest. Probably one of the most memorable moments for me as I navigated the barrens for the first times.
12/25/2017 03:40 PMPosted by Clion
12/25/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Lorelí

Yea exactly, I remember doing the succubus quest. Probably one of the most memorable moments for me as I navigated the barrens for the first times.

I remember going to the Barrens as a warlock. It was for a mount though. Yeah good memories. Do all classes have awesome class quests like warlocks? I think druids had them to unlock forms.
i loved how warlocks used to work. i started playing one in wotlk but dont know how diff they are from vanilla locks
Drain tanking ftw!
12/25/2017 04:01 PMPosted by Kavel
i loved how warlocks used to work. i started playing one in wotlk but dont know how diff they are from vanilla locks

Just like BC, you put on a curse and spam your shadowbolt. At least that's how PvE went

12/25/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Clion
I love being much more desirable to groups

Other than the launch of Legion and WoD, Warlocks were ALWAYS a desirable class e.e That's one aspect that never changed
12/25/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Demues
12/25/2017 04:01 PMPosted by Kavel

Just like BC, you put on a curse and spam your shadowbolt. At least that's how PvE went

12/25/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Clion
I love being much more desirable to groups

Other than the launch of Legion and WoD, Warlocks were ALWAYS a desirable class e.e That's one aspect that never changed

I'm referring more to the ability of us to summon people for dungeons and what not. Much more valuable from that perspective than now where everyone is Insta teleported regardless.
12/25/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Clion
I'm referring more to the ability of us to summon people for dungeons and what not. Much more valuable from that perspective than now where everyone is Insta teleported regardless.

Pretty sure no one is insta teleported in Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids and guilds have benches, so having a warlock bringing people in when swapping people out is a HUUUUGE time saver and time is of the essence to having a good week of progression. Not to mention, they made healthstones valuable again, and are a extremely strong compared to the crafted option.

Hell, if you have that one unfavorable release in mythic+ cause someone died, your summon can save your group tons of time in the larger dungeons. Hell, it doesn't have to be dungeons, you sometimes have doofuses that release even if there is wipe recovery, and having that summon saves ALOT of time over them wobbling back to the boss room. And damage-wise, warlocks are strong in all forms of PvE.

The value of warlocks never waned e.e
Not all class quests were created equal.

Shaman water totem quest at level 20 /shudder
12/25/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Accused

God. I think I'm still recovering from the trauma of that quest chain.

I remember when I finished it I was horrified thinking the wind totem quest would be even worse, but I don't remember it being that bad.
I'm looking forward to finally being able to do the mount quest. Couldn't complete it in BC because the cloth I needed was just too expensive, then they made it trainable at your class trainer......
12/25/2017 10:03 PMPosted by Arressa
12/25/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Accused

God. I think I'm still recovering from the trauma of that quest chain.

I remember when I finished it I was horrified thinking the wind totem quest would be even worse, but I don't remember it being that bad.

Same, had an alt tauren shaman who was my first horde toon I played past the teens after my first 60 ally character.
I remember spending an entire afternoon running around for the water totem thinking it HAD to end at every step and it'd just send me across the continents again.
Then I was extremely worried about the air totem quest and then it made me WTF even more when I went to thousand needles for the quest from my trainer and instantly got the totem. It made me WTF so hard - why was the level 20 water totem such a huge endeavor but the level 30 one such a one and done type deal.
12/25/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Demues
12/25/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Clion

Pretty sure no one is insta teleported in Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids and guilds have benches, so having a warlock bringing people in when swapping people out is a HUUUUGE time saver and time is of the essence to having a good week of progression. Not to mention, they made healthstones valuable again, and are a extremely strong compared to the crafted option.

Hell, if you have that one unfavorable release in mythic+ cause someone died, your summon can save your group tons of time in the larger dungeons. Hell, it doesn't have to be dungeons, you sometimes have doofuses that release even if there is wipe recovery, and having that summon saves ALOT of time over them wobbling back to the boss room. And damage-wise, warlocks are strong in all forms of PvE.

The value of warlocks never waned e.e

It objectively waned in 5 man dungeons. A huge part of Vanilla. Also with flying, the world is much smaller.
I used the Void for most everything. I'd take out the Imp or the Succubus only occasionally. The Felhunter almost not at all. And...for all the effort I put in, I found that I didn't use the Infernal anywhere near as much as I would have liked to. This time, I'm really looking forward to using the all of them and understanding their respective niches. For levelling, I'm going to swear off the void and use the Succubus, as soon as I get her. I really want to master something other than only the void. It'll be a challenge. Challenge Accepted
12/25/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Demues
Pretty sure no one is insta teleported in Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids and guilds have benches, so having a warlock bringing people in when swapping people out is a HUUUUGE time saver and time is of the essence to having a good week of progression.

I don't think the Vanilla community will be large enough to have benched players in guilds. Yes, there ill be sometimes where you would much rather have a Shaman or a Paladin over yet another Warrior/Rogue/Mage, but I seriously doubt the community will be large enough to have these large "Bench Guilds" like we did when Vanilla was fresh content.

As for the OP, instead of the reply, I am looking forward to 3-DoT being my default leveling spec once again. I love how SL/Agony/Corruption/Tab/Repeat is really amazing in old WoW and despise how Siphon is a level 100 talent...
Warlocks are cool in vanilla.

Thank you for reading my insightful post.
12/26/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Zonkaroons
Warlocks are cool in vanilla.

Thank you for reading my insightful post.

Your Welcome
How many others deleted and remade their warlocks when their imp or voidwalker's name was just unacceptable? Once I got past those two, there was just no way I was doing it AGAIN.
I look forward to being with warlocks who appreciate me keeping a renew on them perpetually so they can tap as needed through-out encounters. Last time I played live I did it out of habit and the locks I threw it on asked me what I was doing >.>