*Ahem* COVEN LFR IS TOO HARD

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Even on normal the “RNG” of the fight can wipe a group. I can’t imagine the nature of the fight on lfr:(
01/02/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Swiftyhunter
Even on normal the “RNG” of the fight can wipe a group. I can’t imagine the nature of the fight on lfr:(

There is no RNG on normal that can wipe you. You have to make a mistake to wipe on that fight.
I hate to say I am pleased that they made it into LFR with a modicum of their normal abilities and no doubt requiring a measure of normal tactics.

So advice from previous LFR:

DON"T STAND IN ANYTHING THAT SWIRLS on all three bosses

1. Download a boss mod - like BigWigs and set Kingoroth to do a countdown on The Ruiner
2. The only way to do Varimathas is to mark two sides and got back and forth between the black swirls in a TIGHT group - plus tanks need to be very precise with their swaps - and healing needs to prioritize on the tanks.
3. Coven - tanks have to be precise in switches and move the bosses around maintaining aggro

Then, again, you need a boss mod to predict when/what each wave will be and respond BEFORE they spawn.

Such as:

CCs on cooldown for the stunning ads using the same princple as with Elissande's arcenetic rings (create a gap, run through it, keep ccing the space till you kill the closest adds)

Get to the walls BEFORE the fire adds

Focus fire the DOT adds one at a time

Stay far apart and kill lightning adds
Monk Ring of Peace makes the walking adds trivial.
01/02/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Hazelthorne
Stay far apart and kill lightning adds

This is the part that's going to destroy most LFR groups. I wouldn't be surprised to see Golganneth's torment get nerfed to the ground if not outright removed via hotfix for LFR.
I'm enjoying the difficulty. I'm not falling asleep for once!
They don't need to nerf a single thing. When you wipe, you gain stacks. If you are terrible at the game, you will eventually gain so many stacks that it will be literally impossible to wipe.

Congrats you are an official l33t raider now.
01/02/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Amarelys
And that's why I skip week 1 of any LFR wing.
how dare u skip leggg day?
I’ll be doing LFR across all of my characters, because I can’t seem to get N or H gear on them from Antorus. Wish me luck, I’ll see you on the other side.
If I had a dollar for every time someone said "This fight is too hard on LFR" the first day an LFR wing was open, I'd be living in an upscale gated community you hoi polloi could only dream of. Okay, maybe not that, but I could probably afford to move into an actual house on an actual foundation.
This thread is *so* tacky.

Some fights in LFR do eventually require some nerfs - but making a thread to basically mock other players who can't accomplish / complete content that is too challenging is in SUCH poor taste.

We all start somewhere.
01/02/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Unleeashing
Some fights in LFR do eventually require some nerfs

They dont. You're part of the reason why LFR is a joke.
01/02/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Madeinhome

They dont. You're part of the reason why LFR is a joke.

PFFT.

1) I don't decide what gets nerfed or not, but as LFR has been nerfed before many times, by the DEVELOPERS of the game, they apparently disagree with you.

2) I am not the primary audience for LFR. I do normal and heroic with my guild. I never ask that LFR be nerfed - I do occasionally run LFR and stick through it, no matter how many times we wipe - offer tips / help when the group is willing to listen .. so no I am not part of the "problem" but thanks for assuming so.

All I did was acknowledge that some fights end up being too tough for those for whom it is targeted towards and eventually they do nerf it so the percentage of groups being successful is higher.
I spent more time on lfr coven than i would've liked. The divide between who knows what to do and who doesn't is fairly obvious.

Basically, if they make the norg adds in LFR function the way that the tornados on LFR Mistress did, that''s really all they need to change imo (a narrow but passable gap that basically negates the mechanic entirely).

Besides that, they could nerf her total hp & make the stacks from amanthuls hit less hard or less frequently alongside reducing the health of and damage from golgoneth.

Blizz is really overestimating the ability of most players in lfr on this one.

**only in lfr, the fights are perfectly fine and well tuned in normal and heroic**
Coven is a little harder then previous lfr wing bosees, till you see why you died.
The new wing is not completely faceroll status. Kin'garoth's beam is still pretty much instant death more or less. My group actually did well against Varimathras but I would imagine it's still capable of going south relatively quickly. Coven is where it hurts. Norgannon's been untouched as far as I can tell, Golganneth can still destroy your entire melee composition and Aman'thul still requires DPS and proper target switching.
2 shot Kin'garoth and Coven, 1 shot Varimathras

Anyone that thinks there should be nerfs is wrong in my eyes.
01/02/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Unleeashing
1) I don't decide what gets nerfed or not, but as LFR has been nerfed before many times, by the DEVELOPERS of the game, they apparently disagree with you.

The Developers are not always successful with their estimation of difficulty of LFR. LFR SoO proved that spectacularly.

first opened: okay, too hard for the LFR crowd - nerfs inc.
later: okay now, this is good and fun, and somewhat easy --- result = MORE NERFS
WTH! now, too easy, not fun --- MORE NERFS!!

.. This isn't even funny anymore.
Good!

Yea it's called getting more gear and learning the fight.
Also on the front page of GD right now ... a post asking for Mythic raids to be puggable. Kinda funny.