Why "AOTC required"?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
This absolutely pisses me off when I see a premade saying "AOTC or no invite". So how are new people supposed to get AOTC? How did THOSE raid leaders get AOTC in the first place?
Make and lead a group.
Well those groups are not meant for you then.

I got AOTC through a guild group and was able to farm my alts accordingly.

if you get angry due to that, form your group and don't complain.

Or don't raid if you get worked up about it. Isn't it supposed to be fun?
12/23/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Corek
This absolutely pisses me off when I see a premade saying "AOTC or no invite". So how are new people supposed to get AOTC? How did THOSE raid leaders get AOTC in the first place?

They either ran with a guild, found a group that didn't require AOTC, or just formed their own group of AOTC to get them AOTC.

They can do whatever they want with their group, it shouldn't piss you off.
Just buy the wow tokens to sell for gold and buy your aotc and you're gtg.
There's at least 4 different threads all up on page 1 of this forum about people not getting invites to groups because they don't meet the group requirements. How is this even happening?

Do you know those things called "guilds"? Make a guild run, and be happy.
Because people don't want to carry you. I have 4 110s I run through Argus every week. I don't feel like wiping on farm content because some potato can't get out with soul bomb. AotC groups are meant for people that put in the work. There are plenty of groups not requiring it that you will get invited to. Yes you will wipe, but that's what all of with AotC did the first weeks. Git gud or get over it.
How did THOSE raid leaders get AOTC in the first place?

By progressing through the raid, learning the encounters, and killing the end boss. Just like you should do!

Or they bought it, which you can also do.
This absolutely pisses me off when I see a premade saying "AOTC or no invite". So how are new people supposed to get AOTC?

Why is getting AOTC anyone's problem but yours? Do you honestly think other people in the game somehow owe it to you to take you to get an achievement?
Because they can. Deal with it.
Since this is one of the many AOTC threads by now, just keep trying. It is week 4 of Antorus so the AOTC thing is not as outrageous as Day 2 "AoTC for invite." Those people got AOTC by doing the raid or are lying as someone on this thread might recommend to you.
tl;dr, your Ilvl.

Not every "AoTC" run is a requirement to have AoTC. What is the requirement is your Ilvl, I was lucky and started Antorus at 950, after upgrading my Legendaries I was already near 955. And I que'd up for some "AOTC" only runs, and sure enough I got invited to them all despite not actually having AoTC.

People want a smooth, and guaranteed (in theory) kill run.

There are TONS of raid groups you can pug. Why are you so fixated on the AoTC groups? Is it because you know they're a guaranteed smooth run with certain kills?

Out of all the listings on average, there are well near 50 on the Premade (hell 50 may even be the cap u see at a given time, Idk)

But on average there are usually only 10% "AoTC" required runs. The rest are ones with normal requirements everyone can get into.

They often times don't have it either. Or they claim to be an alt. Whatever, people just want a smooth run and asking for AotC is a pretty logical way to go about it.

Look, if you want AotC you have a few options:
1) Join a guild that can do it
2) Make friends with somebody that does it regularly and ask to tag along
3) Fake the achievement and hope nobody notices
4) Pay for a carry
5) Make your own raid and lead it to AotC
12/24/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Arisana

They often times don't have it either. Or they claim to be an alt. Whatever, people just want a smooth run and asking for AotC is a pretty logical way to go about it.

Achievements are account wide, if you kill it on any toon you can link it on all your alts. The name even changes to match. Killed it on this guy week one but didn't kill it on my alts until week 3. Still got into every AOTC group on them.
AOTC groups are for groups that already finished progression and want to 1-2 shot everything.

There are PLENTY of groups that aren't asking for aotc. Apply to them.

If you want to join a farm pug you need to network your way into it or get extremely lucky. Need to be joining progression/seat pugs.
Join a group that's earlier in the raid (9/11 or 10/11) and don't suck on those bosses. You'll get to stay for Argus. Easy! (Of course, this requires you to learn a couple fights in advance, so it's probably way too much work.)
make your own group from start to finish and youll realize its not so easy.
2 or 3 people leave -every boss- because guess what? they have to leave.
if you don't find good replacements in 2 minutes your raid is probably over.
12/25/2017 05:36 AMPosted by Longos
make your own group from start to finish and youll realize its not so easy.
2 or 3 people leave -every boss- because guess what? they have to leave.
if you don't find good replacements in 2 minutes your raid is probably over.

Some are in JUST for the loot on that boss. Antorun High Council and coven are two prime examples as they're the only somewhat challenging fights in the raid, "before Argus and Argus only because of derps," which means alot of pugs fall apart on them. Both are tier bosses so quite a few people will join coven groups, or council groups, then leave.

Probably because they want people who have seen the fight before, and not instantly die in phase one, or instantly wipe the raid with blight in phase one. Or move early and instantly pizza slice the raid in phase one.

See what I'm getting at here, imagine that same type of pragraph for each phase, progressively getting larger and larger.

They want people who they can trust won't single handedly murder the group.

Some pugs only require logs, some pugs are trying to get AOTC themselves, and want a group of people who still need it.

Those are far more rare, but they exist, if all else fails though, you can either raid with a guild, or just start your own group.

In the end though the group leaders can pick whatever requirements they want. I would prefer logs over AOTC tbh.