Please honor Neall on Medivh in-game

General Discussion
I want to call out someone who is an amazing asset to the WoW community. For years now, Neall on Medivh has been organizing achievement runs to help people get the hardest in-game group achievements. I don't know how many people he has helped but it has to be in the thousands by now. He does this week after week, month after month, repeating the same achievement runs that he certainly doesn't need anymore, just to help people out. And he does it all with a super friendly and welcoming demeanor, a no-frustration attitude, and a cheery call of "no drama no drama no drama!" at the start of every event. Just look at all this feedback on OpenRaid.. over 15,000 votes and 5 stars across the board: http://openraid.zergid.com/users/index/217016/1194570#feedback

As if that wasn't enough, it turns out he is a real life hero as well. He put this post on one of his public sites today:

"Sincerest Apologies to all - Work has demanded overtime - I have to cancel all events this Friday and Saturday. Show Me Your Moves will be back at the end of the next legacy rotation - February. Mythic Nightholds will be rescheduled for Next Week. Tomb Achieves are already up for January. We'll do a Grin and Bear it before both the Alliance Run and Horde Run this time around.
It doesn't interfere often but sometimes work keeps me from WoW. I'm an Architect. Long story short, I moved back to New Orleans to help rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. Now, I'm helping rebuild Texas from Harvey. I'm helping the Federal Government get people back into their homes. The flooding was in September. Contracts weren't signed until two weeks ago. The database still isn't finished but wasn't usable by my team until yesterday afternoon. Now, Uncle Sam wants 500 homes under construction by January 1. That's 500 scopes of work documents / estimates that my team has to review by Monday.
So, although I'm not helping you #AchieveMoreWithNeall , I am helping the people of Texas."

No one deserves in-game recognition more than this guy. An NPC? An item? An achievement perhaps???
I'll be blunt...

Despite how memorable someone might be. Despite the great things they might have done in game, or in real life, it's nearly impossible to get them honored in some way in the game, if only because there are a LOT of people that get requests for them on a regular basis. What people already have something in game from them was either because they were doing it for years (Blizzard watch) or it was a special occasion (Phoenix mount, celebrity that played WOW.) everyone else, as much as many might think they deserve a tribute of some sort, is unlikely to get one, if only because of how many tributes there would have to be.
/support

Neall is a great guy. I've seen people screw up in his achievement raids and he never raises his voice. I'm not surprised to see him helping people in real life too.
Whether or not he gets ingame props, it matters that the community knows and does that :) Happy new year to Neall and co. who help others.
I'll be blunt...

What people already have something in game from them was either because they were doing it for years

Neall HAS been doing it for years (2nd sentence of my post, backed up by history in the OpenRaid website).
If he hasn't got an in-game NPC or item, they wont do it just because your asking for it now.
Here, here!
Not before we get one of our boi, Asmongold. He does the exact same as your, "Neall', and then some.
To Nealls!!! <3
12/30/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Tamiller
I want to call out someone who is an amazing asset to the WoW community. For years now, Neall on Medivh has been organizing achievement runs to help people get the hardest in-game group achievements. I don't know how many people he has helped but it has to be in the thousands by now. He does this week after week, month after month, repeating the same achievement runs that he certainly doesn't need anymore, just to help people out. And he does it all with a super friendly and welcoming demeanor, a no-frustration attitude, and a cheery call of "no drama no drama no drama!" at the start of every event. Just look at all this feedback on OpenRaid.. over 15,000 votes and 5 stars across the board: http://openraid.zergid.com/users/index/217016/1194570#feedback

As if that wasn't enough, it turns out he is a real life hero as well. He put this post on one of his public sites today:

"Sincerest Apologies to all - Work has demanded overtime - I have to cancel all events this Friday and Saturday. Show Me Your Moves will be back at the end of the next legacy rotation - February. Mythic Nightholds will be rescheduled for Next Week. Tomb Achieves are already up for January. We'll do a Grin and Bear it before both the Alliance Run and Horde Run this time around.
It doesn't interfere often but sometimes work keeps me from WoW. I'm an Architect. Long story short, I moved back to New Orleans to help rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. Now, I'm helping rebuild Texas from Harvey. I'm helping the Federal Government get people back into their homes. The flooding was in September. Contracts weren't signed until two weeks ago. The database still isn't finished but wasn't usable by my team until yesterday afternoon. Now, Uncle Sam wants 500 homes under construction by January 1. That's 500 scopes of work documents / estimates that my team has to review by Monday.
So, although I'm not helping you #AchieveMoreWithNeall , I am helping the people of Texas."

No one deserves in-game recognition more than this guy. An NPC? An item? An achievement perhaps???

Is he dead or dying?
12/30/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Hickenbottom
Not before we get one of our boi, Asmongold. He does the exact same as your, "Neall', and then some.

Also this.
How is an architect moving to a high demand work area considered a hero? Is he doing it for free?
I'm not a fan of requests for in-game tributes.

If Blizzard decides to recognize someone in some way, that's totally cool, but when people REQUEST for someone to be added, it feels cheap.

I saw a memorial to Asmongold next to a outhouse in a bucket.

RIP IN BROWN PIECES.
is that before or after he calls everyone shrubs after a few wipes :p
I second this. Neall is a good guy and he's been doing good things for the WoW community for some time now. I'd love to see him with an NPC or something like in WoW.

12/30/2017 02:53 PMPosted by Chetal
I'm not a fan of requests for in-game tributes.

If Blizzard decides to recognize someone in some way, that's totally cool, but when people REQUEST for someone to be added, it feels cheap.

Why? The Blizzard community is large enough that people might slip through the cracks. This is IMO giving props to someone that seems worthy of such an honor.

Putting aside just how much I disagree with your comparison of Neall and Asmongold, you do realize that there is room for more than one NPC in BfA, yes? Also, it's not like Asmongold isn't already getting props from Blizzard, doing an Allcraft at BlizzCon and whatnot.

12/30/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Kebabstrike
If he hasn't got an in-game NPC or item, they wont do it just because your asking for it now.

No, but it never hurts to give a suggestion for another name on the list. They wouldn't do it just because of the request. If they did it, it would be due to seeing the impact that he has brought to the community.
12/30/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Kisumiwoo
is that before or after he calls everyone shrubs after a few wipes :p

Which is something Neall would never do.
12/30/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Tovi
12/30/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Kisumiwoo
...is that before or after he calls everyone shrubs after a few wipes :p

Which is something Neall would never do.

Reason #234234 why Neall hasn't earned an in-game honor.
I absolutely agree with this idea. Neall dedicates hundreds of hours every month, perhaps even thousands, to helping people earn achievements and experience aspects of the game that might otherwise be unattainable to them. Neall is an amazing human being, and so deserving of such recognition.
12/30/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Hamstar
How is an architect moving to a high demand work area considered a hero? Is he doing it for free?

This was my first thought...and for government contract work. People need to realize the difference between charity...and doing your job.